Reviews for Captive Audience
Codename Jellybean chapter 1 . 3/3/2014
:'(
Great...just...sad
Arabella Lee Smith chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
wow! this story simply got better. Absolutely wonderful, sets you to thinking, it does. You obviously thought this out so well. It left me gasping for air. Really a marvelous bit of What-if.
Eponymy91 chapter 1 . 10/14/2010
How much I wish you were a JamesxLily fan so I could read a story about them in your beautiful writing! As gorgeous as this was, the idea of Lily loving Snape more than James kills me. In my head, it's just not possible. But this review should be about the story, and so: it's beautiful. I hate Snape, so if I admit anything of the sort, you can trust that I wholeheartedly believe it's beautiful. I'm consoling myself with the fact that it was just a Boggart though, and that it leaves the loophole that that isn't really how Lily felt. Yeah, I'm done. :D God bless you, may your pen always have the touch!
J Storm chapter 1 . 2/18/2010
I nearly cried.
dragongirlG chapter 1 . 11/15/2009
Wow, very haunting and a lovely, tragic exploration of Snape's love for Lily.
Leah chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
I'm a one-sided SS/LE fan, and that story really hurt... Especially at first when I didn't know it was a boggart!
jdee-mysteries chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
That made me sad...great job. In my mind, it's the 'missing moment' book 7 really needed to potray Snape's mission. Thanks!
godwit chapter 1 . 12/22/2008
You use the boggart very well. It shows Snape's guilt, and Lily's excessive harshness, cruelty and unwillingness to forgive shows how Snape is unable to forgive himself. But you also show how Snape uses the boggart almost like the Resurrection Stone. He wants to see her and hear her voice, though everything she says is painful to him. I liked this very much.
wynnleaf chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
Well written and rather fascinating idea. I could see Snape's boggart taking this form and Lily/boggart being more from Snape's expectations of her than anything. And that in itself is enlightening. Snape imagines Lily's reactions to be what I think they would indeed have been - she doesn't forgive him. If she couldn't forgive the mudblood comment, why would we, or Snape, think she'd *ever* have forgiven Snape for taking the prophecy to Voldemort?
whitehound chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
Ooh, very clever. I always thought his Boggart would be Lupin, in were form - but this makes perfect sense too.

I don't believe he really did want Harry and James dead - it was natural that he would think more about a girl he loved than about a youth he hated and a baby he'd never met, and there was no sensible explanation he could give for asking Tom to spare them anyway. I think Dumbledore was simply projecting his own self-hatred over Ariana's death onto Snape: *he* had cared about his lover to the exclusion of all else, so he assumed Snape did.

But I could well believe that in these circumstances, confronted by a Boggart, Severus could be persuaded to believe Dumbledore's at-that-time low opinion of him. And Lily was sufficiently nasty in real life that she could be twisted into a Boggart this way without it being so exaggerated as to feel unbelievable.
Ashamed Kawaii chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
¬°Hello! :D

O.O First I don't understand anything of course in the begin but now I read and all this time was a boggart! O.O Our Severus this is his big fear Lily... But after all that she dead, she still loving him and that so important After the heaven (if he go to the heaven xD) She still waiting him always perfect and beauty and James well James is a zero on the left xD

I loved it

Ashamed
Istani chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
Wow! This was surspring and yet so totally what I expected Lily to be. I really wished he'd gotten over her and found himself another girl, someone who understood him which Lily clearly never did. Well done.
Artika chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
Very nice-such a cute twist...and Lily is way harsh!
DevotedSerenity19 chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
Oh my god I am going to cry!
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
This is truly excellent, and I am really afraid this is what she _would_ say-that nothing was ever enough, and that she would never forgive him. (and that, though it was never said, that she had never done anything that required _his_ forgiveness).

Very good.