Reviews for Stop Crying Your Heart Out
I really liked this story. It may not have been my absolute favorite of yours, because it took a little too long to get moving, but it was still a great story. Once things started picking up, I really liked it a lot. Even though there are a few things I didn't care for, I always know that you are a great fiction writer and haven't disappointed me yet!

I thought that it was a little underwhelming that Nathan opened a rec center in tree hill. I realize it's like a tribute to his mom, but he could've used her money for that and still do something else too. It feels like a bit of a waste since you wrote him with so much talent and potential in business, basketball and music. Anyway, aside from that, this was really a sweet story. I recommend it!
Yes! I feel like you're throwing me a bone! Lol. Finally
There's something to Nathan, with these old "friends" and his benefitting relationship. We just needed something.. Something...to spice up this tale. I like it.
Nathan feels like a girl trapped in a guys body. He's waaaay too sensitive and girly. It's totally fine for him to be sweeter than usual and I know you've said before that you see him at the Nathan after he met Haley.. But he's still a man. He would still have a man brain and think, talk and act like men do in these situations.

When you get into studying writing it's something you learn where you have to know the difference between writing "male brain" and "female brain." Your writing talent is there. I've read almost all of your stories and they are awesome and totally worth it. I don't mean this to be discouraging, just a helpful criticism. I've seen it systemically in every story of yours. Nathan is always over the top in his feminine reactions and thoughts. It's great that you like to write him more sensitive, but he needs to manifest it more organically, in the way that is more suited to a masculine mentality.

For example, if he walked in to her dorm and saw her and Jake in a "friendly" position, he may be embarrassed, and feel the sharpness in his stomach. Then it would quickly manifest into anger, because that's how men react and then after time he would probably regret that action and want to apologize. This whole idea, that the pain was too much, and he just wanted to cry his eyes out by what he saw, is something a woman would think and do.

Again, you are an awesome writer, as evidenced by your review counts and how I, myself, can't stop reading your stuff. You're great, really. Just throwing this out there.
I seriously hate how so far, Nathan is just a prop in a story about Haley. I thought it was going to be a story of them. I know it's being told in large part from his perspective and I like that, but I think it's fair that he gets to at least explore girls too. Why is it that he's just sitting around not able to even consider a date when Haley is in a relationship that as far as we know she never intends to leave?

I thought he could at least give Haley the impression that he liked Peyton, even if they're just friends, but no. I thought he could at least be talking to those girls at a party and having fun without worrying about Haley and Jake for once, but again, no. Give the guy a little mystery and dignity for once.

In your attempt to make him appear so in love with her, you are approaching the point of stripping him of all dignity and that's not romantic. If she fees she can take him or leave him at will, where's the story in that? I'm just having a hard time figuring out what is supposed to be interesting about him? Why when he's single can't he even be mildly interested in someone else and spice it up? He doesn't have to like her as much as Haley, but come on.. Throw him a lifeline. Anything. I really feel like he's just a prop, like a costume or a broom or something in the "Haley show."
Love his musical talent. That's a really nice change. Wish that he sang or played guitar, but you can't win them all haha. I love that he's such a romantic, but it almost feels a little juvenile and like he is borderline low self esteem, which isn't sexy at all. I hope this changes soon.
I read some reviews and see that some people agree about Nathan being over the top at times with his nice guy persona.

I just thought I would add, it's not that we don't like him being nice and romantic and he doesn't have to be his jerky/cocky self all the time. It's just Nathan was a wounded soul and he needed Haley. It was a huge part of their story. She was the reason he was the nice guy we all know and love later in the series. That didn't just happen. So, in order for him to be that guy, he needs to have a reason. He needs to meet her and for him to fall in love for reasons we see in the story. One of my favorite moments in the show is when he is talking to Lydia right before her death and says she is responsible for raising the woman who changed his whole world. That's what we love. And it makes the story and by extension Nathans character much less exciting and interesting when he just obsessively and without explanation, loves her from the very first lines. That's ok in a couple of stories, but not every single one of them. Having said that, your talent as a writer still Shines through.
Ok so, the good news first: I think you are such an amazing writer and have a great talent. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to put myself out there and write for fans so, I don't want to come across as rude in reviews, I just like to be honest. I like almost everything about all
Of your stories. Now, the not as great news.. I just feel like Nathan is always already in love with her inexplicably and he's always a nice guy. So the elements that made naley great on the show get taken
Away in their dynamic and also 50% of the story is already over when he doesn't need to "fall for her" because he just is already. Always. Of course, I'm going to keep reading because your stories as a whole are always worth it. But I do wish that he had more of an edge or there was more to him. He was my favorite character because of his growth, depth and dynamic. He feels really one dimensional right now, so I hope to see that change in the future. And just as a quick note, it's a little over the top sometimes how you describe his reactions to her. Like what guy literally falls down just looking at someone? And would any girl really want a guy who seems that insecure or unsure that he can't even handle himself? Confidence is sexy. I hope to see him find some and become more interesting. But this is only chapter one of course, and I have no problems eating my words if it later becomes necessary. :)
That was ridiculous. She just stood there and didn't tell Nathan that she was in love with him? I really hate it when pointless drama is added in just to extend the story another chapter or two. It makes me despise the weakness of the characters.
23naley12scott chapter 41 . 4/3
Amazing story! Thank you
Hadley chapter 41 . 11/6/2014
Wow! Amazing story, I just read the entire thing! Please make a sequel!
thibbs65 chapter 41 . 6/20/2014
awesome writing I hope you are going to write more Naley stories
brianna4797 chapter 41 . 3/13/2014
This was absolutely brilliant . Well done :)
Guest chapter 18 . 3/21/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
OliviaLovesFitz8 chapter 41 . 4/9/2012
1 week later and I'm finally done :) great story I adored it
FeJames chapter 41 . 12/29/2010
I loved the story! Nathan is so sweet. Amazing guy!
1,153 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »