Reviews for Harry Potter and the Twist of Fate
bananacupcakes chapter 6 . 5/13/2013
I hope Harry asks Sirius some hard questions about why he hasn't been there for him but had the time to create his own family. Interesting premise though, I hope you do get round to continuing this story :)
cheburashka chapter 6 . 7/15/2012
i am LOVING this! i hope you take it up again very soon - so curious as to what you were leading up to by kiling off Lucious - i think Harry might get to meet Draco earlyer then Hogwards?
dead feather chapter 6 . 3/16/2011
Hopefully you're still on this. The writings been great although I've of course seen the plot before. Yet, I'd very much like to see what you're going to do with it.

From now on, will Harry stay with Sirius? What will Dumbledore say? Why has it taken this long from Sirius to act to take care of Harry?
dundee998 chapter 6 . 11/4/2010
Heh. You know that story that inspired you? I like this one better. The information that made it across the boundaries of time is much more interesting here than a sappy hint that this girl might be your one twue wuv. I am looking forward to more.
flyingby chapter 6 . 10/19/2010
I am a glutton for punishment. :) Despite the on hiatus status, I still read this anyway, and was left wanting. It was still a good read though.
echoing noise chapter 6 . 9/25/2010
I suppose the story's abandoned... and just when it was getting real good! Why so cruel?
Worldmaker chapter 6 . 3/6/2009
Nicely done, and a very well-conceived variation on the standard "rescue Harry story". Bravo. I look forward to seeing more of it.
RubysQuill chapter 6 . 3/5/2009
To be honest, I'm not sure what to make of your story. There does seem to be a great deal of potential there...

But there are several questions that continually disrupt the flow of the story for me.

1) Shouldn't Ginny be the baby in the bassinet? Even if you are not making this an eventual pairing of H/G, then Ginny should still be alive. Unless of course you are making that a change in this alternate universe. If that is your intention, could you find a way to make that clear to the rest of us?

2) This is a question for me, as I worked with Intromit extensively on the rewrite of Fate's Debt. Is this going to be a H/G pairing in the end? The fact that you found and read Fate's Debt would lead to that possibility. This is really just a point of curiosity for me.

3) Where on Earth has Sirius been for the last 5 years? Apparently, off getting married, being a newlywed, and fathering a child. Must have been fun for him. I am beyond disappointed in this part of the plot... There is no excuse for this. The neglect of Harry undoubtedly took place from day one. If he had visited Harry before he went on his date, maybe Harry wouldn't have been neglected for the last FIVE years.

4) Is there a logical reason why Harry is so mature at 6 years old? Because, as a teacher, I deal with kids all the time and 6 year olds don't think that logically.

5) Dumbledore as nearly everyone's executor? Seems unlikely.

6) In this AU was the end of the war significantly more violent than in canon? In canon it seems to have ended with a single attack on the Potters. Several days/weeks later there was the attack on the Longbottoms. Yet you act as if right at the end there were people dying left, right, and center.

7) Where is Remus?

I am sure that this seems to be heavy on the criticism, but the fact remains, the story has potential. You just need to develop your story lines a bit more and give your readers a bit more information without giving it all away. (If it will make you feel better, I picked at Intromit's work the same way)

Good luck.

Ruby
BJH chapter 6 . 3/3/2009
This seems like it will be a nice little story. I am a bit curious to see why it took Sirius five years to finally get to Harry. I look forward to an update.

I did notice some small holes in the scenes at the Burrow. You had Ron as a baby in Molly's arms in the scenes. Ron is eight or nine months older than Harry and if Harry was 15 months old at the time of the attach then Ron would be about two. You also gave no mention og Ginny, who is just slightly less than a year younger than Harry and would be an infant at this time. Is this a deliberate shift in canon for your story?

BJH
honore chapter 6 . 1/17/2009
I would love an update. Your story definately has potential. Looking forward to more. Thanks
Marauders Apprentice chapter 6 . 1/16/2009
I just found your story and I really like what you've written so far. It's too early for me to comment on how the changes you've made will affect the plot and Harry's arc; you could go anywhere at this point. But I will comment on the fine work you have done, like your characterizations and the actual writing, which are both absolutely superb. You can never read too much of an author that labors over every word, as I bet you do, and I assure you it is well appreciated. I just hope you're having as much fun writing the story as we are reading it. Kudos! I look forward to reading much more from you.
MonCappy chapter 4 . 1/15/2009
The moment I read the end of this chapter I knew I could never continue to read this story. There is no way Sirius would betray Harry to the abuse of the Dursleys. As such, I cannot continue to read this.
BVT123 chapter 6 . 1/15/2009
If i were i kids like harry i would love that birthday present too... i mean if something i was just thinking about and never thought would really happen just happened i would be scared but pretty happy
Ishtar1958 chapter 4 . 1/15/2009
Good story so far; I want to see where this goes. However, there are a couple of canon timeline errors. First, Ron is three months older than Harry, so if this is several weeks to a month AFTER Halloween '81, then not only is it December and therefore unlikely for the children to be playing outdoors, but Ron is more than eighteen months old and a toddler, not an infant; Percy is five, and Ginny would be the infant in arms. Easy enough to rewrite. Second, Fudge was not the Minister at that time; the Minister during the first Voldemort war and presumably for some time after was Millicent Bagnold. Fudge didn't become Minister until shortly before Harry started Hogwarts, as he was still badgering Dumbledore for advice then. You have a free hand in writing Bagnold, as we know nothing of her personality. She may have been a competent Minister, or a stuffed shirt like Scrimgeour, but I doubt she was as incompetent as Fudge. You could rewrite the Fudge scene fairly easily, but Umbridge will have to go.
omega13a chapter 6 . 1/15/2009
Interesting it took 6 years for someone to say enough is enough with how the Dursleys treat Harry. Will be interesting to see what Dumbledore's plan B is and Harry's reaction to a dog turning into a human (that you better have ;) ). Also, is that Cygna Black the Cygnus Black that is on the Black Family tree JK drew? If she is, she doesn't act like how Sirius said most of his relatives act. Anyways, keep up the good work!