Reviews for Wanting
skadoo chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
Liked this.

I also thought Blood Fever was great at letting us see the beginning of P/T and the fact that Tom was self possessed enough to wait until it was right. Nice to see you put that into words.
CityDurl chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Excellent. This moment in Blood Fever kills me, too. Probably the sexiest Trek episode ever filmed. I usually hate first person PoV stories, but your fic never jarred me. It was in character, convincingly masculine, and angsty and romantic without overdoing it. You really got inside Tom's head and expressed his heartwrenching dilemma perfectly. The payoff comes after B'Elanna defeats Vorik and Tom is cradling her and stroking her hair; it's clear he cherishes her, and barely escaped an outcome that would have destroyed his chances with her.

I agree with your profile - I most enjoy fanfic that explores character truths. You hit the mark with this.
StandingOnTheRooftops chapter 1 . 8/1/2010
I liked it. _ My favorite episode by far, and you've done really well at capturing what he was thinking, in my opinion.
Petite Moineau chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Damn, how I wish I was B'Elanna right now, lol.

This is very well written, it expresses the tension and angst between the two characters. (not to mention it's also very sexy) I love it. :)
Elisa Trapt chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Oh my goodness...Not only are you a J/C writer, but a P/T writer as well. I think I'm in love, LOL.

"Blood Fever" is one of my favorite episodes, and you're right, that scene in the caves was sexy as hell. In fact, it was probably one of the sexiest Voyager scenes ever. (I actually watched it recently after having not seen it in YEARS, and my first thought was "Was this really Star Trek?" For some reason, TPTB were scared to admit that people had sex drives in the 24th century! This episode struck me as an unusual departure from that belief.)

But I digress. I really enjoyed watchin Tom and B'Elanna's relationship develop, and I love your look into the beginning of it. Tom really grew up in this episode, from the womanizer running around Voyager to really thinking he could commit to just one (and certainly not an easy one!), and I think you definitely captured that. And you captured his struggle, which, like you said, was vitally important to the relationship.

Very nice job - is there perhaps more P/T writing in your future? Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go find some "Blood Fever" clips...
SonyaT.Blade chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
Nice fic. It is not even close to M, though.
Crius chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
This was an excellent piece of character study. I think you've got Tom's character superbly well figured out to be able to write something like this. I also thought that it was a very romantic piece because you described very well the tension between what he would undoubtedly have wanted to do at that moment and what he knew was the right thing to do. It's often an unsaid part of Tom's character that he constantly seems to want to do things that he knows aren't good, but this is the best expression of that quality that I've come across so far. Well done!
pologrmgrl chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
an excellent comprehension of what was going on insides Tom's mind during this scene

you really do have a very deep and insightful grasp of the characters not only their outward actions and statements but also their personal monologues

Poly
kamaquis chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
Wow. What a great little window into Tom's head. After all these years, that eppy still burns hot. RDM and RD nailed every scene they had in Blood Fever and you nailed what was unspoken. Thanks for sharing this.
Mizvoy chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
This is really an excellent insight into Tom's desire for B'Elanna-but not just sexually. He wants it all, and he has enough sense to know what he has to do to get it. Excellent work!
elly32 chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
WOW! Amazing job!

I felt like being inside Tom's head:)