Reviews for Balm
JackieStarSister chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Wow. This is beautifully written, interesting, and insightful.

I can actually see Mai thanking Katara for saving Zuko. Then Katara could thank Mai for saving Zuko and Sokka and the others at the Boiling Rock.

Great job on this. :)
Keyanna chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Hooray! I also love Mai to bits. She's so cool, and this is a very touching look at her perspective.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
That's a very nice story. Really perfect characterisation, and awesome Maiko.

-Dyslexic Nerd
VickyVicarious chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Beautiful. You write Mai wonderfully.
PenAndInkPrincess chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
That was an awesome story! It completely touches on Mai's quiet affection. Superb job!
xsempiternal-sentimentx chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
wow that was amazing...you captured it all SO perfectly!
FirebendingQueen chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
Wow, this was really good.I agree artly cause mai wouldn't think of it like zutarians say and i don't think she would even think of "secret romance" because it just doesn't exist. Zuko is a good friend and a hero, the thing he did was because of his unquestonable honor and loyalaty. It's a shame how zutarians watch many other shows, movies and read book and still try to believe that zutara is at least 1% real. Anyway geat job.
ultimate fan chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
you portrayed mai so perfectly

here and that is hard to do because she's such a quiet and mysterious person in the show excellent work i can't wait to see what else you can do
Tony WildRiver chapter 1 . 3/28/2009
_ The consensus is that this is a wonderful fic. Short, sweet and to the point...just like Mai! lol Anyway, marvelous work.
Dawnfire chapter 1 . 10/23/2008
This is such a great story! I think you captured Mai perfectly here. Very, very good!
Watery-the-Strange chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Okay, a lot of people write Mai really out of character when it comes to the whole Zutara pairing. They make her unnecessarily mopey, or emo, or something that makes me want to crawl up a wall. But this story seems to have the whole Maiko situation captured impecably. You have Mai down pat, and she's a really difficult character to portray. That's probably because you're right, though-no one really knows Mai. This was a great fic.
Airia Black chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
I really liked your portrayal of Mai...it was very close (and in-depth) to her actual character in the show, something that you rarely see in fanfiction's these days. You should consider writing more about her, since you did an excellent job. Kudos, and keep up the good work.
RueBroadway chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Oi, a knife through my heart- this was so well written! You make me love Mai more than ever (and I love her so!)...

Great work :o)
Red Wings chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
OMG, I didn't know you wrote for the Avatar fandom! I'm a Mai fan too, though my most favorite character is Toph. Loved the fic, and keep up the good work!
xX-Blood Roses-Xx chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
I could read that over, and over again, and never get bored. Perfection. :)