Reviews for Ashes
True-Vampire-Lover chapter 4 . 9/14/2008
OH, I LOVE YOUR STORY! I saw one of your posts on the Lexicon forum with your fanfic link and decided to try it out. I can't wait for more!
Maye Faire chapter 4 . 9/13/2008
Aww! What a sweet chapter! The end part that is, not the beginning.
Everintruiged chapter 4 . 9/13/2008
Absolutely beautiful chapter... love the way Victoria relishes her freedom... it's certainly much more fitting!

The angel... hmm... wonder who that is?

but, I suppose he's a vampire... more than anything, because of the sentance espeically, "Again, with painstaking slowness, as if he were afraid he would move too quickly, he wrapped my ankle with the bandage."

I do think it's James... but a slight twist would be if it was Laurent, and she meets James later... I dunno, but taht would've been totally unexpected! and, everyone swoons at the sight of a vampire... hmm?

loves,

graciousplum chapter 4 . 9/13/2008
Oh...I'm guessing she just met Carlisle right? Nice way of having characters cross each others' paths before cannon. I'm glad she made it safely.:)
Paprika012345 chapter 4 . 9/13/2008
oh my dear lord. Carslile. Then why didn't he remember her? update soon!
Everintruiged chapter 3 . 9/12/2008
I absolutely love it... you captured the essence of the situation well, as well as i love how Victoria is human in this fic... (both literally and figuratively) but in other fics, even if it is ALL HUMAN, Victoria doesn't have a heart, and i'm glad yours is actually rational.

The language of the time, the period was also phenemonal... did you have to research it... or does it come naturally for you... if it does, I'm so jealous, I had attempted to try and write fiction from that era, and needless to say, it was a disaster... nevertheless, I might give it a shot again... (you just keep on inspiring me!)

I also have a sneaking suspiscion that Charles won't be as accepting... or that problems will occur between Charles' family and Victoria... that would be a huge twist... but again, it's just my mind playing games!

Loved it,

graciousplum chapter 3 . 9/12/2008
oh...prophetic with the "little nomad" bit at the end. Very good.:)

Keep your great work!
Paprika012345 chapter 3 . 9/12/2008
well that explains alot. i'm really enjoying these daily updates...update soon!
SpecialK199 chapter 2 . 9/12/2008
Now THAT'S a surprise development I didn't see coming! This is some fantastic writing here my dear, and I hope that you're having fun writing this lot. It's certainly a pleasure for me to fulfil my part of the bargain in any case!

You know, for some reason your one-shot "Colours" keeps popping into my head. I don't know why, but I think it was such a creative POV that it must have really caught my imagination.

I'm very impressed with your writing style (as I have no doubt gushed before), and very much appreciate the fact that you choose other characters rather than all the usual suspects.

What else can I say but ... more please!

Cheers

Sandy
SpecialK199 chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
Hey Girl

Well you've done it again. You've taken a secondary character from the Twilight series and breathed a whole new life into them. It's all beautifully written as usual, and of course it goes without saying that I loved and, and I'm entirely addicted.

I guess the only constructive criticism I could make, would be that in the 1800's the word "wow" wasn't in use. That's a bit of modern terminology that doesn't quite fit in, but buggered if I know what you could use instead. "Oh I say!" just doesn't cut it .. LOL

Okay, onward and upward to Chapter 2!

I'll email you again soon no doubt.

Cheers

Sandy
Everintruiged chapter 2 . 9/11/2008
That was just evil. Just pure evil woman... leaving it at that!

You better post the 3rd chappie like you promised... of course, i would threaten to kill you, but if i killed you, you wouldn't be able to post the chapter anyway... hmm...

decisions decisions...

graciousplum chapter 2 . 9/11/2008
Oh...family secret spilling time. All the more reason for Victoria to get the hell out of the upper-class snake pit. I hope she's able to have at least a few years of happiness with Charles before she becomes an evil vampire.:)

More soon!
Effie D chapter 2 . 9/10/2008
I love it! Its a very interesting insight into Victoria and I think you write her quite well. Really great job! Please keep it coming!
Everintruiged chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Honestly, I love it!

You introduced Victoria very well, and i loved the way it all flowed from her mischevious nature to Charles... (who sounds like a real heart-breaker, by the way..)

I wonder if Charles would pick another girl over Victoria, leaving her as cold-hearted as she was, and why she could easily say that she loved Riley, as if she dismissed the fact... or maybe that's why she was so upset when James died... two loves had left her...

I unno... I'm just throwing ideas here, most authors like to know what readers are predicting... so there was mine!

Actually, what a coincidence! I actually wrote a onexshot about Victoria almost about 'two days' before you posted this... I think... and it portrayed her as 'even evil has its love'...

If you could just please check my onexshot as well: 'Je me souviens' on Victoria... that'd be a huge favour to me as well!

Paprika012345 chapter 2 . 9/10/2008
Huh. Victoria's Illegitimate. Nice.

Update soon!