Reviews for Kings for a Little Time
waitingforAslan chapter 2 . 1/8
This was an unusual pairing, but I loved it! I love both Narnia and Supernatural, but usually "never the twain shall meet" so I appreciate your tackling this crossover.

"It was turning them childlike. And that was okay." - This reminds me of Jesus' words, "Unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" (Mt. 18:3, ESV). That whole paragraph encapsulates what their experience in Narnia would be like. "It was as if they had left behind everything that they didn't need here." This reminds me of "The Last Battle," where the Pevensies find that they themselves are still themselves; they see Narnia and England and familiar places that they loved and see that they're still real only . . . more so. (I can't express it; hopefully you get what I mean.) Actually all through the story, you are true to C. S. Lewis: in the first chapter when Sam says that the lion doesn't belong to him; with your mention of JOY; Aslan being a figure both scary and good ("He's not a tame lion"); Aslan recognizing and healing the need in Dean ("If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world"); Aslan talking to Dean alone similar to Aslan speaking to Edmund; the joyful celebrating and drinking; Aslan's mysterious words about how long they would be able to stay; the feeling that no matter how hard the battle, "everything was going to turn out right."

Dean in the show so often seems to feel unworthy of love or admiration so it was awesome that Aslan told him he was.

Your story is so sweet and so respectful of Narnia, yet there were funny parts too: Dean's defensive "They're blossoming!" made me laugh as did Sam thinking the swords were decorative! (The verb "faltered" was a perfect choice here.) Loved the animals always eager to do some gratuitous cheering!

All in all, very enjoyable.
waitingforAslan chapter 1 . 1/8
I agree that it's emotionally true: Sam stepping in Aslan's paw prints, walking in his light into and back out of hell is a powerful image. I like that you portray Dean slowly healing from hell, not instantly being restored. I enjoyed your creation of Cinderfluff (reminiscent to me of Reepicheep). Some of my favorite phrases that you wrote: "a throat still raw with old screams," "pulling the words out in ragged chunks," "the dark, blood-drenched world they had left behind."
deanpala chapter 2 . 4/10/2016
OMB this is so amazing I love their relationship with Aslan
Angie chapter 2 . 11/7/2015
Well that was precious and lovely. I could feel the peace and healing and serenity in the scenes. How different would season 4 have been if the boys had had the chance to rest and grow strong in Narnia?
Giacinta2 chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
Okay, this had me wiping away a joyful tear at the end.
How could one not experience a burst of emotion at hearing how happy Sam and Dean are, how their brotherly love for one another shines through. So sweet.
They are both worthy kings.

I loved the rabbit at the end and Dean's glee at getting to go after giants.
One to listen to over and over. :)
Anonymous chapter 2 . 12/3/2014
I really like this. You did a good job with it.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/1/2014
Way cool.
Selene Ria chapter 2 . 2/11/2013
nice story! a little bit too innocent for SPN, but I guess has to be like that to suit Narnia. Enjoyed it! :)
SuperPenguinLovesHerEdog chapter 2 . 6/17/2012
I was a little wary at reading the first of these stories as not alot of people could pull this off well in my opinion. You however surprised me and I love the story. I am wondering if you wrote more for this hint hint lol thanks for sharing
irezel chapter 2 . 3/2/2012
oh my...I wouldn't have thought it could work. But you wrote it just perfectly...:)
MiddleLioness chapter 2 . 10/21/2011
Despite the oddness of the idea, I loved this crossover. It's well written, some of the characters are just awesome (Cinderfluff!) and I think I like it much better than what happened to the Winchesters in canon. I love the show, but I'd be one of the first to say that the theology of the show is seriously messed up.

Some of the most painful parts of the show to watch were the parts where everything going on was sapping faith from both Sam and Dean. The look on Dean's face during his talk with Michael in "The Song Remains the Same" was horrible to watch. Them going to Narnia gives them a first hand experience of faith that would make it easier to hang on to. I would love to read any sequel to this fic. It would be interesting to see how post-Narnia Sam and Dean would handle events of Seasons 4&5. And it would be amusing to find out the angels' reactions to busting into Hell and discovering that Dean's not there. The Winchesters meeting Susan Pevensie could be interesting as well. It never sat well with me that the Chronicles of Narnia ended with Susan completely turning her back on Narnia. Anyway, awesome fic. Keep Writing!
Eavis chapter 2 . 7/23/2011
Oh! For all you said you were afraid of writing in this universe, you've done a simply incredible job. Dean...he needed this. You've captured so well the simple joyousness of being that is Narnia ("always ready to take part in a little gratuitous cheering") as well as the solemn merriness of Aslan. And even without his 'bad boy' persona, Dean is still...Dean. :) "there are giants in Narnia. And they're bad. So we get to fight them!"

Thank you.

Lion's Blessing,

Eavis
Guest chapter 2 . 1/11/2011
Okay, now I feel satisfied. Not that I won't go yay if there is more of this, but I feel like the story has a beginning, middle, and delightfully open end. *makes happy purr*
Guest chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Oh, spoke too soon! A sequel! Thank you so much!
SunnyZim chapter 2 . 4/12/2010
I LOVED this!:-) You got the spirit of Narnia right and I just loved seeing the boys healing and happy and light of heart:) It's something we haven't seen for so long, if at all really, and it warmed my heart and put such a big grin on my face. Thank-you for that! And I think the names Dean the Generous and Samuel the Wise work perfectly and are spot on;)