Reviews for Imperfect
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/23
This is so Awesome !

I'm so close to let my tears out...

Always with a reason...

A good, reasonable, and painfully sad one... :'[

Oh Dean...

I really Loves Sam's POV in here ! His thought and all...
Guest chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
nice that was a sweet one. Good job on it.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Of course there had to be a backstory for what happened to Dean. Because there was no way on earth that he would actually just sit back for no reason really. I'm glad that Sam put the pieces together. I really loved the scene of internal debate and dialogue when Sam was trying to figure out what this all meant to him. That was great. As was the rest of the story. Really very lovely and you handled the shift in paradigms really well. And how Dean still wasn't sure how he would take it at the end.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Even heroes have their limits. It's a good thing that these heroes are brothers, and limits are not a barrier to love.
HBKDEANRKO chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
You my dear have supernatural in your blood. I kid you not! Your stories are amazing. The way you write the brothers just outstanding!
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Great story. Poor Dean. That had to be hard on him.
Whilom chapter 1 . 10/4/2009
I’m not gonna lie, I was having a hard time with the beginning. Dean’s admission was so out of character for him, but I knew it was supposed to be that way. Sam’s reaction, though, just seemed wrong. I definitely understood how his foundations would have been shifting—I mean, Dean’s the older brother, always protecting everything plus Sam, the perfect hunter—but I can’t believe anyone in their right mind, after they’ve seen Dean’s character for 20 years, would just walk out on him for the admission that he didn’t feel like saving one person. Yes, it’s a chilling thought, but Sam going to Harvard was basically him saying he didn’t feel like saving a bunch of people. Right, Dean was in the fray saying that, and Sam was safe at Harvard saying that, but probably the same amount of people died because Sam wasn’t there—he and Dean would have moved faster through jobs, helped victims while the other finished off the monster, etc.

So I did appreciate that Sam reasoned his way to that point—that cutting and leaving was one of Sam’s faults and he was probably just pouting again like he’d done in the past. Sam’s moment of revelation, when he finally sat down to hear the whole story, was satisfying. He finally got that Dean was still his Dean, more heroic even than he might have originally thought. Sure, he didn’t save that girl, but he was barely holding himself together. The fact that he was still hunting, had even got that far on beat-up emotions and an injured body, speaks of Dean’s innate heroism.
Raye Black chapter 1 . 1/28/2009
You're practically my idol. I love everything you write- you make the simplest things absolutely breathtaking in a way no one else I've ever read can do. You have an amazing gift
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
I thought that this was an excellent look at what Dea nmight have gotten himself into while Sam was away at Stanford. That is just so typically Dean-thinking that he got someone killed because he didn't do anything (when he was hunting hurt, the stubborn idiot). And Sam really does have that tendancy to run away when things get tough, and jeez-you'd think that he would learn by now. But that's so typically Sam, too.

Good job!
EmmelleN chapter 1 . 10/28/2008
I'm always impressed by your ability to write deeply emotional stories without a hint of mushiness. It's why I keep coming back. Coincidentally, just before reading this one I learned in real life that there's always more to an issue than what is revealed at first. Much like Sam in your story, I've had to revise my own judgement of a loved one.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
I'll admit I was a little upset when Sam left Dean in this story and also shocked that Dean admitted he didn't save a person once. So I understood Sam's disappointment in his brother, as I was too, yet wished Sam would have stayed to talk, because I wanted to know why Dean felt guilty.

I did like Sam's soul searching and when he decided to return to their motel room. Also how he could figure out where Dean had went hunting, so he knew what location to look.

Loved the scenes of Sam taking care of Dean after finding him.

When Dean finally told Sam the whole story of why he didn't save Mary Ann, I'm glad that Sam listened.

You did a wonderful job with the brothers at the end.

Until next time, take care.
amoslin7419 chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
This was wonderful.
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
I have to admit that I wasn't too fond of the beginning, how Sam left at Dean's painful admission somehow just felt wrong; not exactly in the OOC category but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way because I would have wanted Sammy to stay and talk instead of bail out again.

Anyway, I really warmed up to the story for the second part beginning with Sam's persuit of Dean's solo hunting spree. I very much appreciated the way Sam tracked Dean down and how you followed his point of view and his thoughts throughout. The tender way Sammy took care of his big brother was so sweet and spoke volumes at how comfortable they are in each other's presence, that no seeming riff in their relationship is too far to cross when one needs help, which is always given without second thought. That is definetely one thing I most adore with these two.

And just as Sam expected, Dean began teasing his brother as soon as he felt better. And of course those light words conveyed a far deeper meaning than the tone suggested, one both brothers get without Dean having to voice his feelings openly. The line, "Missed having someone to cuddle with?" and the equally fine reply were great, just like the fact that Dean kept to his side of the bunk after getting back into bed. That was so typical for Dean Winchester! I was also very fond of Sam channeling Dean on his way to the hunting scene, wishing he had AC/DC at hand. Perfect.

Thank you for sharing this story with us!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
That really wasn't what I was expecting when I first started to read it, so that sudden twist into Angstville really surprised me! In a good way! You're so right about the boys' respective characters - Sam does tend to just cut and run at times, but he always comes back. And Dean's always right there waiting for him. Okay need to go find a hot water bottle now...!
Nilah chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Especially loved this one.