Reviews for Standards
darkbrat chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
Thank you for writeing this. It was very interesting and a great read. Keep up the great work.
Syuuk chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
With the epic battle of wits between Light and L, no one cared about the smaller, more realistic aspects of life. I truly love how you bring it to light, and write it out in such a heart-felt way.

Congratulations on a story well done! (:
Kasei inu chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I love this!
Her Misguided Ghost chapter 1 . 9/3/2009
This was really cute. I love Sayu, she didn't get much screentime, but I she's so cute and cheerful even if she might only be known and Light's little sister. I can relate to Light, I feel like my parents only care about my grades and I get in trouble if I bring home anything less than a ninety. At the same time, I feel so bad for Sayu, because she really is an great kid but no one will ever notice because of her big brother. Her parents don't care enough to expect her to do better too.

Anyway, I favourite this because it's very sweet. I really like it!
Shikabane-Mai chapter 1 . 7/27/2009
Amazing. What a great character study on the Yagami household. It makes a lot of sense that Sayu would feel this way, always being in Light's shadow. They obviously didn't show this in the manga, seeing as it wouldn't have been important for the plot, but it's great in fanfiction. Absolutely love this.
OrangeR0se chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Funny. I've always wondered what Sayu felt abot being in her brother's shadow, and what Light felt about all his expectations.
One percent chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
I so understand.

I wanna cry for some reasons.

Very good story :D
Konoha's Kage chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
Wow, I am so not used to them moving the review button up. I accidentally favorited your story while just meaning to review. Don't know why I'd complain though, I see no reason to undo it. I love little family one-shots like this. The last (goes back and counts) two paragraphs were just perfectly perfect, even though the others are perfect as well. Anyway, I just loved it. Gosh, I'm repetitive.
Isangma chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
This is interesting. A rather realistic view on Death Note, an aspect I'm sure you're the only one to have considered so far. I like that. This... Style, this way of writing, the emotion it conveys... It's intriguing, to say the least. You know, I think we could be good friends. After all, it's subjects like these that make me wonder at how the world works. Although my interests lie in the darker side of humanity. And will most likely stay there, though I am not inept at writing light-hearted subjects. I just prefer the more taboo aspects to life.
NeverGoodbyeRoxas chapter 1 . 10/16/2008
It was a good clip of what the Yagami family interactions were like. The series didn't get to focus too much on the mother or Sayu, so this is like a small window that lets us peek into what possibly could have happened. It was short and genuine, and you made Sayu into someone a person could sympathize with. I also liked how the hurt was subtle for both Sayu and Light. Very natural.
elias chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Great story!
WithABunny chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
It's too bad that not too many people write fics about the Yagami family. Like fics involving the SPK or Task Force, we don’t see a whole lot of those.

This was a good perspective on what Sayu might have felt like, being constantly under the shadow of her oh-so-perfect brother. While it doesn’t seem to me as if her parents were that bad in canon, it’s still interesting to look at the double standards they show here.

Like the other reviewer said, I also like how you infused a bit of Light’s perspective into the story. Sure, he seems like a somewhat jerky perfectionist in his first appearance here, but as it turns out, he seems to see what his parents have been doing.

The last line with Sayu’s suggestion, for some reason I can’t quite put my finger on, ended the story rather well. I only wonder how Light would have reacted.

This was a very nice, somewhat bittersweet fic. Great work!
Celestial Secrets chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
I thought that was nice. :) It was a nice look from Sayu's point of view. I know what it's like to live under amazing siblings and also how it is to be that amazing sibling. The point of views are very different. I like how you put Light's in along with Sayu's about their parent's standards of love. Good insight.