Reviews for The One That Got Away
Reader101w chapter 1 . 4/4/2011
Cool intermediate story,

So Josh is not over Kim yet, that could spell trouble, especially with team Ricochet helping him.

I would like to see the story about the week when Ron gave Kim the silent treatment, I think it would provide a great emotional story/oneshot.

keep up the very good writing that you do,

reader101w
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 2/10/2009
A very interesting scenario you've set up here. Excellent opening and Kim's dialog is especially good. You could really build something out of this.
LTAOZFAN chapter 1 . 10/30/2008
Rufus nests in Kim's hair because he likes the smell of her shampoo? Nice touch, I'd never have thought of that. And Kim is tired of Greek letters, after the business in Fast Track. I like the way you include little touches like this in your stories. It really rounds out the tale.

So, Josh is trying to get back in Kim's life? I don't think he's actually bad, he just needs to find the right lady to share his life with. One thing is certain, that lady is not Kim! Ron is remembered for making school cafeteria food delicious? In France he would be given a high decoration for such a feat!

The plans for Kim & Ron's wedding sound good. The cast is just right, and I like the idea of Rufus as the Ring Bearer. The little guy is as much a part of their extended family as are Hana and Joss. By the way, you write "Monique-speak" with skill; I can actually figure out what she means!

To try to get back with Kim is a major mistake for Josh, and his efforts aren't very well planned, either. But then he makes a bigger mistake by listening to Rick O'Shea. Rick is going to cause a lot of pain for several people before he gets his comeuppance, but that's the way of things. Some people just can never believe they are outclassed.

A good one-shot that sets up things for your next long story. Good writing, sir!

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson.
Michael Howard chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
The fervent K/R shipper in me refuses to believe that Josh and Kim were ever actually boyfiend/girlfriend but everything else about this story was dead on perfect. Monique and Tara were a welcome addition to your cast of characters, and both were handled quite well.

So there's a "Fast Track" Universe, huh? Cool. I hope to visit on a very regular basis!
Shrike176 chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Nice to see Kim and Ron taking a break and enjoying themselves. Sounds like their going to need it.
Kwebs chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Great one-shot, Kim's first day at school was so not what she was expecting. Look forward to your next update. Keep it up waveform!
Muzzlehatch chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
You've got me hooked!
Comet Moon chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
OOH. Threatening new villain. Josh.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAAHHAHAAHHAHAA

Breath

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Your mind is as warped as mine.

great arch. Wonder who the new pair is?

Snort

Can't wait for more

Ja ne

Jim
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
That little plot of revenge is getting bigger, it seems. A spurned Josh and two more who have a bone to pick with Ron Stoppable.

Wonder what'll happen when Josh finds that he's being used in this way?

Wade's been poking around, and I hope he finds out that there's a plot afoot against his friends.

CB73
shego219 chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Nice touch incorporating some of the producers' names (i.e., Schooley Hall, Loter Park)

I hope Josh doesn't go full out villain, but it was great to see Kim get some closure with him.
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
*bursts with anticipation*

Great hob here! And it seems Josh has just joined Team Evil...
Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
So Josh Monkey is going evil huh? I'll bet Shego is going to want to give him a plasma shock. Maybe Jim and Tim could do a rocketry experiment with him.

You're right Waveform the villian list is filling out. Looks like the hero list had better as well. Most of theses guys still don't kow who Ron is do they?

Thanks,

Larry (Sentinel 103)
Katsumara chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Ooh, hoorah! Saw you had a new story out, and it got me excited. This is a good story. At first, "The One That Got Away".. I thought maybe it meant a villain of some sort that got away and wanted revenge, but you meant Josh. This is great. It sucks that he hasn't had very good luck with Tara as I was fond of that "pairing", but this is so much better.

I also love how Kim handled the Josh sitch here. It's good to see that she isn't a crushing sheep, but a girl in love with her fiancee. I think Josh is just in love with the idea of dating Kim, not her. It's a shame Ron didn't go with her. He would have definitely twisted Josh into a pretzel, Haha.

Great, great stuff, waveform! Keep up the awesome work. I'm looking forward to Chapter 2.
screaming phoenix chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
This could be interesting. Josh Mankey is very little used around this here, except as the crush that Kim soon forgot about, or an object lesson in how Kim was thoughtless to Ron by locking him in the closet before the dance. To see his character expand a bit and be the jelling one toward Ron would be a twist worth exploring.

I did like how you told of how Ron handled the sitch with the closet and what he did to Kim as punishment. The fact the he forgave her at the end and even apologized for doing it to her just shows his forgiving nature. Too bad he didn't come with Kim when she meets Mankey. I think he would have wound up a human pretzel.

I am interested in how you use him. Please, Oh please, don’t turn him into some super villain with art equipment as his weapons of choice. No laser paint brushes or exploding tubes of paint please! Art Man, using his special kneaded eraser, removes his foes for the canvas of life. (Chuckle) Watch out! He has his palette knife!