Reviews for Breakthrough
Fibinaci chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
I liked this, especially that Hermione wasn't sitting around waiting for him, she was leading her own life post-Ron.

Though I dont know about harping on the fact that Ginny looked like Lily. Most guys get their general definition of beauty from their mother. Harry especially, idealized Lily, as she, being dead, could never, and never had the chance to, do anything wrong in his eyes.

I do believe personality wise, and in terms of what they wanted from their lives Harry and Ginny weren't compatible.
Jesusrocks chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
Good story! I really liked it. The converstation was totally natural and well written. The beginning did have me confused for a minute, I liked how it was a dream though. That was clever. Great job!
Howard Russell chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
I gotta say, I was worried at the start of this. Thanks for coming through for us.

I totally agree with your analysis. There's a old song, "I Want A Girl Just Like The Girl Who Married Dear Old Dad", which the situation reminds me of. Hermione *is* like his mother; Ginny *looks* like his mother. That's why I thought that Harry/Hermione was going to be the pairing from the very beginning. The comparisons between Lily and Hermione were there from the first book: the driven muggle-born, studious girl, and eventual head girl. That Ginny looked like his mother was just creepy.

On the other hand, the Weasleys had a certain creepiness already. They were notable for their Weasley red hair, *including Molly!* Um, didn't she *marry* into the Weasleys? Or was she a Weasley from birth and just an example of pureblood inbreeding? *shudder* Creepy. (Maybe that's why she had to use love potions.) Then again, inbreeding explains how after seven years of attending Hogwarts and after however many years of taking children to King's Cross Station it was between Bill's first year and Ron's (eight years, according to Rowling's comments) that she suddenly forgot where platform nine-and-three-quarters was. And none of the kids looked at her funny!
Bowles chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
A nice look at OBHWF with an optimistic ending. The Oedipus complex Harry seems to have is very amusing. Good job.
Stary0706 chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
The story has gotten my attention...

Keep it up!

*Stary
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Hmm . . . this is so making me want to write that H/Hr piece from Ron's POV that I'm wanting to do.

But thank you for writing this out. The dialogue and Harry's psychological connections between Ginny and Lily are striking and I love how much detail you went into it. I think . . .yeah . . . you should really think about writing the companion piece to this, the Harry/Ron conversation. Because I would love to see how you'd build the boys' friendship back up. I really love that you managed to keep Harry and Hermione in character, and the absence of Ron is still felt, because he is a vital part of the Trio. I'm so glad you didn't have Ginny fall into stereotypical mode either.

But this is one-hundred percent solid writing from you, Sara. Some of the best dialogue, the best character developement, and it feels very real without falling into any mushy, fluffy trap. Excellent!
Wotcher-Tonks chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
Interesting take. Finally, some well-written H/HR. woot!
22 | « Prev Page 1 2