Reviews for Missing the Point
DragonDamsel chapter 1 . 8/5
You write the best twewy Rhyme here, everything made sense and has a purpose... Yep, wonderful writing. I don't know what to think about Josh's character here but all in all you made it work so well.

Of course, Rhyme being naturally thoughtful with some measure of distance from the three weeks of hell would be able to see through Joshua in a way the others couldn't. In this fic, both Shiki and Beat bear witness to the mindfuck showdown would naturally feel wary. Meanwhile, Neku being subjected to the whole manipulated pawn business would second guess a lot of things he could and does see, especially when the subject matter is himself. (I believe Neku is perfectly capable of winning his verbal argument with Josh, but only if it's NOT about himself.)

It's perfect how you made Rhyme talk to Josh with point blank honesty, completely assured in her safety because being Neku's friend is the best shield against Joshua the Composer's rage. We know it's true, but it's also easy to see why Rhyme is the only one to believe that (while Josh is in denial about it). Just got to love how she told him to quit being an asshole, because Neku is her friend (and personal satisfaction in winning against Josh aside) and he deserve to have his trust returned.
EdeatheDemonFox chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Rhyme is freaking adorable! Goodness, you wrote her so dang well. I'd also love to know what it is that Neku said about Josh.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/24/2014
If there were more fanfics with both Joshua and Rhyme that were just... THIS. Rhyme HOLDING ON A REGULAR CONVERSATION WITH JOSH, BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW SHE IS INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO DO SO ((And is also probably one of the only ones WILLING to do so...)) I would read more fics with both Joshua and Rhyme.
Also, I feel like this is an EXTREMELY in character version of both characters. It's very well written, and I WANT MORE DANG IT.
matchynishi chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
Liked this a lot.
Nadramon chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
This story is several years old and I have no idea whether or not you'll ever read this... but you ought to know that I enjoyed it very much, and that I'm grateful that you wrote and published it on FFnet.

TWEWY is a fascinating game, and its characters very hard to write about. Especially Joshua. Obviously, you had a lot of fun writing about him, and your interpretation of his personality seems pretty accurate. For such a clever and powerful being, when it comes down to it, he mostly behaves like a petty teenager.

By contrast, Rhyme is incredibly wise and level-headed for her age. Reading your fiction made me wish we had seen more of her in the game, and that she had actually interacted with Joshua. The exchange was fascinating and hilarious all at once, and really, Joshua should just accept that humanity isn't completely beneath him after all.

Also, Neku's personality shines through very nicely through both characters' allusions to him, however brief. Neku might be even harder to pinpoint than Joshua: strong-willed and full of mistrust, yet willing to reconsider his own opinion. (And the latter is a very, very rare quality, especially in fifteen year old boys.) The awkward and wary understanding he and Joshua have come to manages to be disturbing and endearing all at once, which, for their history, is no small amazement.

And really, Rhyme might be the only one able to understand it. I still don't get the fuss about the pairing of her and Joshua, but I certainly see the appeal of making the two interact now, and it's all thanks to you. 8) As far as writing goes, your dialogs and inner monologs never fail to crack me up.

I also loved "Quis Custodiet", by the way, but I won't ask you to go back to a fic that's over four years old if you have moved on to other things. But if you do ever go back to it, just so you know: there will always be people that will be happy to read it.

In any case, the first few chapters, and your short stories, have been great, so thank you for that. I hope you're doing well.
Infamousplot chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
This was awesome. I love love LOVE the way you characterized Rhyme x3 That's just always the way I've imagined her dealing with Joshua, but nobody else agrees with me ;-; They don't think she could handle him... So I love the way you wrote about Rhyme talking so brazenly to him. It was wonderfully IC, and it was cute.

And I liked the onesided Josh/Neku-ish-ness sprinkled throughout the fic also x3 You did a great job characterizing both Josh and Rhyme, and I love how Rhyme was able to just... Stand her ground and put up with Josh's crap, still smile and giggle and be adorable and just say stuff flat out. It was awesome :)

Dickx chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
I'll be honest: I detest Joshua and Rhyme, platonic or romantic. But over the months, I eased up on the platonic, but still dislike the romance aspect... But this had no romance at all, and everyone was so in-character. You've got Joshua down to a T, and this is exactly how I thought he'd react if he ever negotiated with Rhyme for a certain period.

Seriously, I don't have much words for this; it was /that/ good... Congrats, this is one of the best Joshua fanfics I've read so far.

Tallis-chan chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
I love the characterization of Rhyme in this! A lot. I really feel that she was missing a lot from the game so it was really cool to read about her here.

Rhyme is so clever, almost in a different way from people like Joshua. Getting Josh to ask and admit and open his mind up to possibilities. Kinda, a lot cool.
Syeroix chapter 1 . 8/9/2010
I love how you portray these two. 3
LightDarkandChaos chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Yeah, he lost.

Rhyme is perceptive.
The Genius Mage chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
This was sheer perfection.
KittyMarks chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Oh sweet Jashin this is an awesome fic.

I love this chapter. Youve made Joshua and Ryhme very interesting characters! I love the game World Ends With You but its very hard to find good fics about it!

Well done.

prettypriestess chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
I love Rhyme! She didn't get enough screen time in-game.

And I hadn't thought Rhyme and Joshua interaction would be all that interesting, but oh. I feel like building a shrine in your honor, I mean, you not only write for this teeny tinu fandom I love so much, but you also write well.

You've got Joshua's voice down so well, and Rhyme reads people better than they read themselves, and just the whole thing. I gush.
TheSeacat chapter 1 . 5/9/2009
Why do you put a Rhyme/Joshua pairing if its a Gay people fic? Geez! What the hell man?
Jaaku-san chapter 1 . 5/6/2009
Oh this is just fantastic. So very fantastic. I was smothering so much laughter I'm afraid my roommate may have thought I was having a seizure. You captured Joshua very well and even managed to give a credible voice to the main character we saw the least of.