Reviews for Gentleman's Masquerade
AJ Morrison chapter 16 . 3/17
Okay I'm gonna be straight with you I have ligit been wait for you to update this story for exactly 2 years today don't leave me hanging! Please update I love this series! It's my favorite national treasure fanfiction!
HaloFin17 chapter 16 . 3/21/2013
Hooray! I mean, who else would you rather go on a shopping spree with than Ian Howe? I'd like to buy one of everything in Nordstrom, please. Ah, I love it when he just says, "leave it to me," and wondrous things happen. I too was glad to see how happy Nick was back in England. Goodness knows it wasn't always like that.

And Shaw's lingering presence is really making itself known here lately. Makes things tough for poor Ian, but at least Clara's aware of him now, for better or for worse. It'll be fun to watch things develop!

GuenVanHelsing chapter 15 . 3/8/2013
Awwwww, Clara is so astute she's scaring Ian. XD Good that Phil is doing better! Can't wait to see where they're going next 3
HaloFin17 chapter 15 . 3/1/2013
Hey, hey, the gang is headed back home! Well, "home" for about half of them, anyway. So relieved to see things looking much more optimistic for Phil! He should still probably take it easy for a while, though. And what a wake up call, complete with various nicknames courtesy of Powell :-) He almost reminded me of Bobby Mercer there, lol.

I think you did a good job of distinguishing how Ian feels toward his father. He's not afraid of him, per say, like he's going to cower in a corner whenever the man's around. No sir, not at all. However, he is fully aware of what the consequences might be when dealing with such a man who shows neither mercy nor restraint. I see an abundance of Ian Angst yet to come, poor guy. But I know you'll take good care of him in the end, Tori-kins.

Way to make good use of a snow day!
Love,
Halo

P.S. How's your mom doing with her shoulder? Tell her I said "Hi"!
GuenVanHelsing chapter 14 . 2/24/2013
asdfghjkl; this was so cute
Ian taking care of his buddies
awww

/is dead from feels/

RILEY
RILEY ASKS THE GOOD QUESTIONS
HaloFin17 chapter 14 . 2/20/2013
A very reflective type of chapter here, Tori-kins, filled with lots of musing and reminiscing. In a way, we got a good recap of both the original NT movie and both of your own prequels and how all our characters fit in together. I sure hadn't thought about Dustin in a long time before he came up in conversation here.

And neat job having Shaw as the nemesis in Riley's nightmare! I truly did not see that coming, but I like it. The overall sense of darkness and danger and dread is really seeping in here during these last couple chapters, which I find fitting indeed. Meanwhile, Richard is now a safe step ahead of our boys, who are all anxiously waiting for poor Phil to feel better.

All this reminiscing has now also got me itching to read your next stories about how Ian and his group of henchman came to be one big happy family :-) Can't wait!

daisyduke80 chapter 13 . 2/11/2013
ohhhhh so evil cliffhanger! update soon!
Guest chapter 13 . 2/11/2013
Gah! Tori-kins, I even knew it was coming, and this is still painful to process. Pretty, pretty please don't be too long on the next chapter, okay? For me? But still, you built up to the whole potential tragedy very well, and we still don't fully know what it is yet. Good thing Ian went back and found Phil when he did.

As for the rest of the chapter: whenever our boys aren't breaking the rules on guided tours, their next favorite haunt is dark, damp underground caverns in which they've only a faint hope to escape. But escape they do, of course! Even if some of them are a little worse for wear by the end.

Oh, and I had to laugh at Powell's "careful no one touches anything" comment. Made me think back to the "careful no one steps in him" line from the movie, and I could hear the accent just perfectly :-)

Can't wait for more, m'dear!
Halo

P.S. Yes, please, I hope you will make use of the Phil recruitment story that we came up with a while back. I for one would love to see that idea come to more life than simple reminiscing! Good luck!
GuenVanHelsing chapter 13 . 2/11/2013
You thrive on our pain, don't you? That's why you leave this terrible cliffhangers. D8

asdfghjkl; poor Richard. XD and poor Ian, playing into his trap despite knowing it was there! nope nope nope this is not going well at all... :D

writemoresoonpleasethesuspen seiskillingme 8'D

HaloFin17 chapter 12 . 2/10/2013
Ah yes, I love it when our group of NT heroes go on tours. It's a rule-breaking, trespassing extravaganza, folks! To me, it just means they're back in their element. I totally do not like how Richard keeps popping up; it'll be bad news one of these times, mark my words.

Good call with the missing pages from the journal! I don't know if that had been predetermined back when we were talking about it, but it's a good twist indeed.

Can't wait to see more adventures in the dark and scary dungeon!
RumpelstiltskinDearie chapter 12 . 2/8/2013
YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! THIS STORY HAS TWO NEW CHAPTERS! :D

I'll be reading the chapters shortly, as soon as I get the chance. :)

Also, sorry I haven't PM-ed you in... well, forever. :-/ I've been very, very busy. I'll try to get back to you soon.
GuenVanHelsing chapter 12 . 2/5/2013
OMG YOU DID IT AGAIN
THE NEVERENDING CLIFFHANGERS
ASDFGHJKL;

omg perfect day just became 834576843465789876543678% better
look at this beautiful update
SO LOVELY

You are the bestest. 3

BUT ASDFGHJK; CLIFFIES
HaloFin17 chapter 11 . 2/1/2013
Okay, I admit it. The all-encompassing summary at the start of the chapter was helpful even for me, and I'm glad you did it. Everyone's varied reactions to Abigail coming along were rather priceless, but I was especially glad to see you work the whole "dance" metaphor beck into drama between Ian and Richard. Especially for your first chapter back in a while; it was good to set that theme again.

But how awkward was it to be stuck on a plane with Richard, huh? Like a forced, temporary truce with your enemy, although the doesn't hasn't abated in the least. Richard does seem to be one step ahead of them still at this point, but hopefully the combined intellect of our heroes will be able to thwart him. May be tricky, though, with all of them going to the same place and openly pursuing the same goal.

Great to see an update from you on this, Tori, and I hope to see more soon!
GuenVanHelsing chapter 11 . 1/31/2013
Have I mentioned today how much I love you?

OLIVE YOU SO MUCH OKAY

3333333333333333333333333333 3333333333333333333333333333 333
daisyduke80 chapter 11 . 1/31/2013
YAY FINALLY AN UPDATE! I LOVE IT! CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!