Reviews for By Flashes Of Lightning
i88 chapter 3 . 8/19
This was incredible, far from mediocre. It was beautiful it was well written, and it was so eerily in character I found myself clutching my heart in frail attempts to keep it together as I read this. Well done, friend, well done.
BlackCatNeko999 chapter 3 . 6/30
This story was really well done. I enjoyed the style and the way you told things. Great story!
lapaxlove chapter 3 . 5/7/2014
Iike that you chose to use Near's voice to explain, and the way Sayu has a bigger role (I always felt she deserved a bigger role, and the way you played out their doomed tragic love was really good!
Makes me want to...weep!
DarkHorseBlueSky chapter 3 . 10/2/2013
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you're wrong it DID make my eyes bleed! Or at least run out 50% of liquids in my body! NO! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! HOW COULD YOU MAKE ME WANT TO SHIP THEM SO HARD IN ONLY THIRTY MINUTES?!
"With the death of one of the pair, perhaps the dance is over, but while one still lives the trace of the tune will remain."
You broke my heart with this...
"Where there is life there is hope, after all, however hidden it may be."
You shattered my heart with this...

excuse me, I will now go read as many Sayu/Mello fics from u as I can before I have to go
DarkHorseBlueSky chapter 2 . 10/2/2013 I REALLY ship them...
DarkHorseBlueSky chapter 1 . 10/2/2013
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee...omigods you have no idea how much you're making me want to ship Mello/Sayu. This was brilliant and you did Near's voice so well that I can't help but want to keep reading.

I'll give you a more extensive summary of my love for this story later after I read the rest.
Maiko Chinatsu chapter 3 . 8/21/2013
"Let down to a bad fic"?
It may be one of the most moving fics I've read here! I loved this! Thank you so much for posting.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
I LOVE this. It is honestly one of the most beautiful Death Note fics I have ever read.

I particularly love Near- he is so different from other people in how they handle their emotions. He makes a conscious decision not to over-think it, to accept it, keep it with him in an almost meditative way.

He is clear, honest, profound. He is certainly not emotionless, as I have seen far too much, but he does not dwell on his emotions. He is...just amazing. His relationship with Mello, the respect and understanding with Sayu, the analysis of something other people would find too strange to look into...he is completely astounding.

I've never considered MelloxSayu before but this I love. I love Sayu too, because she is a minor character but she also has a lot of abstract thought in that head of hers and it is kind of a shame it is not expanded on.

I'm sorry you never expanded on the story, but it is true that the distance between Near and the lovebirds makes it mystical. TT HEARTS.
Jl chapter 3 . 1/27/2013
Love it!
kanata chapter 3 . 9/23/2011
wow. the near percpetive is unique and refreshing. thank you
TheAravis chapter 3 . 7/14/2011
I like this.

It's a bit sad, of course, since nearly everything involved with the Death Note is laced with tragedy, but I really did like this.

Well done.
NightOfAThousandDreams chapter 3 . 4/19/2011
This was beautifully written. I love the idea of Near narrating the "undocumented" happenings between Mello and Sayu. The little email tidbits from Matt were good too. I was definitely in tears by the time I reached the end of the fic. It made me want to change things, so that Mello and Sayu would have indeed stayed together, happily.

But it's Death Note. No such things as "happily ever afters" in that fandom :P
Sepsis chapter 3 . 1/19/2011
hjfdkg chapter 3 . 12/24/2010
How, how, HOW can you be so harsh on yourself? It wasn't crappy, it wasn't a let-down, and it certainly wasn't forgettable. It was beautiful.

Your prose is astonishing and clear; you never lay it on too thick or make your descriptions sound sappy, but the images still stick in mind. And, holy God, this IS Near: Linear, analytical, straightforward, honest, clear and precisely NEAR. How do you do that? How do you write a beautiful love story involving two of the most contradictory characters in the series, narrated by the most emotionless guy you'll ever meet, and make the audience still feel invested? You are a gifted story teller, and this left a huge lump in my throat.

It was honestly wonderful. :)
schnook chapter 3 . 5/30/2010
This is nothing short of brilliant. The characterization and pain leaking through this piece is outstanding. Loved it to the last word.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »