Reviews for Halfway Between Noon and Sunset
Maggoty Anne chapter 4 . 10/1/2008
Teacup?

Rofl, I'm surprised Teatime didn't go spare.

This was MUCH better than I expected. I've got a bit disgusted with Teatime and Susan fics lately, sometimes they all seem to be horrid fluffs or just.. creepy. People start to fangirl over Teatime and forget that he's a psycho that nails dogs to must know what I'm talking about. Anyway, you didn't do that.

Can I just make a suggestion? Don't use "X" as a page break, it brings to mind users like XbloodyristsX.
sylphxpression chapter 4 . 9/26/2008
My sympathies, not unsurprisingly, go to Teatime.

*Sniggers* That doesn't make it any less funny, though!
sylphxpression chapter 3 . 9/26/2008
I will always review, but I am better bribed with clothing.

Teatime's coat might be nice...

Love this story, yes indeed I do!
sylphxpression chapter 2 . 9/26/2008
Handler.

...

Not gonna say it, not gonna say it...
sylphxpression chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
My family doesn't get the Teatime thing. They know I'm insane, they think this is a side affect. NO, I say, it is purely because of the utter awesomeness of Teatime!

Love it, Jenna's a hussy, I hope he figures out how to kill her.
Chthonic Spock chapter 4 . 9/26/2008
Huzzah! I hope you post a new chapter in the relatively near future because I really love where this fic is going! Alright, I don't know where this fic is going, but I still think it's fantastic!

I like Vegnencia, even though I can't pronounce her name. It goes something like 'Veg- eh... that one lass,' when I attempt to pronounce it. D: Oh well; she's fun! I loved the bit about having Teatime buy her another beer.

Your characterization of Teatime makes me grin. I can't tell you if it's spot on or not because I still haven't managed to steal the book from my friend yet (and I'm in the midst of reading another Terry Pratchett book at the moment), so there's that... HOWEVER, I'm sure you're doing a bang up good job! His complete lack of social fluency is giggle-worthy.

Post soon, I am waiting on the metaphorical edge of my equally metaphorical seat!

-Nightmares
Edna Pests chapter 4 . 9/26/2008
It's not too bad. And I love how Teatime seems completely inept at flirting.
Gustauve-Drakenhime chapter 4 . 9/21/2008
Excellent, excellent! Sier gutt, sier gutt! This is the best chapter so far! I love the mix of emotions swirling around the Biers at the moment; hate, fascination, humor, contriteness, confusion, and did I mention hopelessness? You've done wonderfully in keeping them in character, and the mood fits just right for a Pratchett-esque setting! Poor Jonathan doesn't really understand what exactly it is that he is trying to accomplish in regards to Susan, and it shows so well. You really are a good writer! I can only hope that you continue this marvelous literary experience!

auri mynonys chapter 4 . 9/21/2008
"Was she supposed to do that?"

NICE.

Poor Susan. And poor Teatime. But they'll get things worked out... eventually...
SpamWarrior chapter 3 . 9/18/2008
He, I LIKE it. Very creative way of bringing back dear Jonathan, and you've done wonderfully with his character so far. I look forward to more of this, though I do wish you'd write longer chapters. They're quite good, and I'd like more of them XD.
Ygritte the Huntress chapter 3 . 9/16/2008
I know how you feel. Reviews are great.

I like your story, even with the short chapter. Keep it up.
Gustauve-Drakenhime chapter 3 . 9/16/2008
This chapter has been executed wonderfully! The length is okay (though it could stand to be lengthen a little more), the plot gets stronger, the humor still remains, and your original characters still follow well with Pratchett's own creations! I am quite pleased with this chapter and hope that many more like it will follow. I wish the best of luck to you and your endeavor!

Gustauve-Drakenhime chapter 2 . 9/16/2008
This story is promising. My only complaint for this chapter is that it is far too short. There was a lot of potential for this chapter lengthwise, but it is entirely your decision. On a positive note, I like how you ended it - it leaves the mind wondering as to whether or not Susan will scream and yell at him, or just kick his ass. I would still like to see more length in the coming chapters, but at the rate that you are producing them, I am not hard-pressed to complain. Keep up the good work.

Gustauve-Drakenhime chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
Very nice - a proper length, a valid plot, copious amounts of 'Disc World-esque' humor, and the fact the Jonathan Teatime is featured as a main character all point towards a very good read! I have no complaints with this chapter, and I love how your original character fits right in with the Terry's menagerie of egos quite well. I hope to see more chapters like this in the future.

May the blessings of the Lord follow you always, where ever you might be.
auri mynonys chapter 3 . 9/16/2008
Sorry I haven't been reviewing; generally I've been reading your chappies in between classes, and by the time I finish I don't have time to leave a review. XD

This story is very entertaining so far, and I'm way looking forward to watching Teatime going after Susan. Ought to be greatly amusing.

Some critiques:

"There was a woman sitting on his bed. A short, dark-clad woman was sitting on his bed." - I'm guessing you planned on using one or the other. I'd pick one and edit the second out.

There's a point where your chapter has a very weird paragraph break - probably an FFN flub up. I'd go into the "edit" pane and fix that.

Also, things seem to be moving very quickly here - faster than they probably should be. There's not quite enough tension building at the moment.

I'm WAY looking forward to the upcoming drink scene. This fic is lots and lots of fun and I'll be following it with great interest! :D
32 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »