Reviews for Walls of Jericho
subwife chapter 8 . 7/24/2012
Excellent. I really enjoyed reading this.
LittleRedDog chapter 8 . 10/11/2010
Farscape inspires the most creative writing. This was a wonderful read. Technically well written, the plot was strong, the pacing built nicely to the final scene, and the characters rang true. Bitter sweet and full of angst! I'd like to see more stories from this author.
Aireon Maris chapter 8 . 4/5/2009
Magnificent! Painfully sweet and oh-so-realistic. I loved it.
Indygodusk chapter 8 . 4/21/2006
Well written and very emotive. You did a great job showing the angst and hope. Thanks.
Jaclyn chapter 5 . 3/8/2003
*cries* Frelling hell.

Aeryn landing on John on the bed - I think I stopped breathing. You did a good job giving that moment a stretched-out feel for John and a panicked feel for Aeryn.

Aeryn and Chiana - whoa. Whoa.

- “And what I’m getting at is the fact that Aeryn is not remembering playing comparative anatomy in every dark hold aboard Talyn, what she remembers when she sees Crichton is tending his wounds and knowing he was never going recover no matter what she did. If you had seen your brother die, if you had held him in your arms, would you be so quick to welcome a duplicate?” -

*gapes* What a LINE. *whimpers* Wonderful insight in Aeryn's sometimes I just want to smack her too. But yeah, that makes sense :-\

Last line was great!

Okay, you know you're really, really talented, right? Right?
Jaclyn chapter 4 . 3/8/2003
*wails* That was freakishly brilliant. It's 2:42 am, and I should be frelling SLEEPING, not reading Tortured Aeryn Leads to Tortured John fic.

But yeah, the sharing quarters scene worked *really* well.
Jaclyn chapter 3 . 3/7/2003
Oh, this is brilliant. I can't decide whether to laugh or cry. So far, outright giggling is winning out, but I keep blinking back , I hate post Fractures stories. *sobs*

Oh, but the review. Right! ;) Hysterical writing. Love the plot. Love the characterizations. Love John's way of speaking - you've got it down perfectly!
jayseeka chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
Amazing, breathtaking... could've made the ending a bit happier! ;ob well done and write more!
DsignG4 chapter 8 . 9/19/2002
This was wonderful! I could HEAR all the voices and it sounded right! You wrote a true extention of the show. This COULD have been a episode, you had all the same sesibilites and humour that the characters do.

Looking for your work now!
samanthasideas chapter 8 . 3/3/2002
awesome, amazing, wonderful, and completely amazing...woops said that b4...but it is *whines* anywayz I loved it and threats will come if you don't continue to write more and more and maybe become or stay a writer for romance mystery stories or something close to that
shiny silver grl chapter 8 . 2/5/2002
Are you freaking kidding me with that ending? Arg! lol...I mean, I like the way you've ended it, don't get me wrong. That note of hope is nice, and I only wish things would work out so nicely on the show. But aaah! To leave us there! Hee.

By the way, I totally love this fic and am putting it on my favourites ;) You've got the "voices" down pat, and it was a truly wonderful blend of humor and science and pain and life. This is the second fic I've read by you, and I've realized now that you're just a truly astounding author.

All in all, however, the comic bits really appeal to me, and I laughed out loud more than a dozen times at the jokes. In particular, some of my favourites were:

"“Sparky, I seen you sleep in that throne sled…you can sleep wherever the hell you want and not worry about breaking your neck on the way to the john in the morning.”

“Why would I seek you out in the morning? You’re not that popular, and now that there’s one of you, you aren’t nearly as interesting, either.”"

ha! *so* Rygel!

Crais snorted and chuffled underneath him and John, tired and well beyond irritable stripped off his shirt, leaned over the bunk and slapped Crais in the face with it.

Bwa ha ha ha! I would pay money to see that scene :)

“Don’t, John. Just, don’t.” Her eyes pooled as she focused on a point just over his shoulder.

Oh God, he thought, don’t make her cry. Don’t let her cry, she’ll never forgive you for it.

“Right. I, uh, I’ll go see about lighting a fire under Jool.” He turned away from her and slowly and carefully made his way out of medical, not so much concerned with the slick floor but with giving himself enough to time to choke back his own tears.

awwwww...see, now *that* was sob worthy. *sniff*

John rested his hand against his brow. He never recalled it ever being this difficult explaining a movie before.

“Look…Just…“ John sighed. “My side, your side. Now lay down on the goddamn bed and get some sleep.

ha! nice! especially since it's a stark-ism! :)

“Hey, do you really think it’s wise to mix alcohol with all that super snot out there?”

That was just so "ew"-worthy...like many of the other descriptions you gave the secretions...but so apt! so funny! so John!

“He’s requested a little…personal space. For an arn or so.”

“Oh man!” John shoved the plate away from himself. “How can you eat with THAT mental image going around in your head?”

and

“How’s our good captain holding up?”

“Pilot said he’s complaining that the DRDs won’t clean his quarters.” Chiana answered.

“Yeah, well, God only knows what he’d do to a DRD right now.

LMFAO! Thanks so much for a thoroughly enjoyable read!
Eva chapter 8 . 12/30/2001
Oh, boy. I loved this. You had the "voice" down perfectly-I actually think this would make a cool episode. I loved the entire idea of the leviathan mating problems and Crais' "involvement" in it. But the John/Aeryn part-sad, painful and hopeful all at once. And the writing itself is excellent-no funky point of view changes-and excellent dialog and description. I don't bother to read a lot of fanfic but this one kept my attention. Thanks for writing it.
AnitaB chapter 8 . 12/9/2001
Amazing! do we get a sequel? Please, please, please!.. Maybe even one where they get together?

AnitaB
Jon chapter 8 . 12/9/2001
This is shockingly well done. Poignant and angsty and all together nummy J/A.

Of the little quality Farscape fanfic- this rates very high.
Matte chapter 8 . 12/9/2001
EXCELLENT! You clearly are an exceptional writer, and are much better at imitating authors' styles of writing than many people I have read. 7 thumbs for awesome fanfic.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »