Reviews for I Was A Ghost Before You Came
Gyreflight chapter 10 . 3/11/2012
You’ve done a very good job on this. Bourne and Landy have primarily interacted at one remove, each in their own area of expertise – watching them together in person was illuminating.

At first pass they are not at all alike, except that they belong to different sides of the same world and both understand a lot more than they are ever likely to say. That professional understanding makes a believable transformation into a more personal one – and yet one that still leaves them as they began, two individuals who exist most comfortably inside their own skins only, responsible for their own thoughts, decisions and actions.

I liked this. It’s an unsentimental character piece, and nicely matches the feel of the world it endeavours to portray, even to the loose ends trailing away into the darkness at the end.

Thanks for the read.
Equilly chapter 10 . 10/23/2011
You do a beautiful job of your characters in this story; Bourne and Landy seem real, and your conspiracy is flawless. I totally did not see the twist with Rick/Bourne coming- fantastically written! I'm sad it ended so abruptly because it was a beautifully well-written and well-plotted story.

Best!

-claire :)
harperm chapter 10 . 1/5/2011
This was absolutely excellent. The writing style was wonderfully crisp, almost moving the story forward. As an odd twist, I ran across Bourne Ultimatum on tv when looking for background noise while reading this - the story was perfectly in line with the mood of the movie. Congratulations and excellent job.
Telanu chapter 9 . 1/2/2011
This is totally excellent. I've always had a weakness for Landy/Bourne, but I never expected to find such a terrific fic for them. I loved the way you approached the pairing: the story is about them, but also not. Their relationship is pivotal, while managing not to obscure the cloak-and-daggers thrill in every chapter. There is romance without sentimentality. Everything that happens rings true to what we see in the films. Thanks so much for putting in the time and dedication to write and share this with us-it's obviously the result of hard work and attention to detail.
Kate chapter 10 . 7/16/2010
I loved it! I really hope there is a sequel!
angel1983 chapter 1 . 4/5/2010
Hey I love your story and hope there is a sequel in the making... :)
AstronautZombieBerndi chapter 10 . 3/23/2010
Oh, my God. I loved this story. Love it, even. You have such a great writing style, it kept me reading this in one sitting. I said to myself, after watching Ultimatum for the umpteenth time, that Pam deserved more coverage, more background, more everything. And you seriously gave her that. So, yeah, love it.

(Also, love the Jason/Pam spin. My new favourite 'ship)

I didn't pick the Rick twist, it was that nicely done. You gave us so much to think about between scenes that I wasn't connecting things. Too, that ending? Way interesting. Deserves a sequel, even, because it's just that open ended. (And awesome)

However, the time lapse isn't promising, but I'll keep you on alert just in case :D
Airam4u chapter 10 . 11/14/2009
Wow. This is by far one of the best pieces of fiction I've read on this site. Your descriptions, characterizations, plot development were phenomenal! I didn't see the connections coming until the end (however, there was something that tickled my awareness a few chapters ago)... But I didn't see that one coming. You should be very proud of this fine piece of penmanship, which I'm sure you are.
Airam4u chapter 6 . 11/14/2009
I have just stumbled upon this story and am raptly enthralled by it! I love your connection to the original books! Can't wait to finish this story!
SeaWraith chapter 10 . 12/2/2008
This is a superb story. It ties together so many disparate plots so very neatly - I sincerely hope that there is a sequel in the works...
Kirsten-B chapter 10 . 10/6/2008
This is really good. I like how you have woven the books into this fic. Now I can't wait for your next chapter...
findingthewayhome chapter 4 . 9/30/2008
Wow, I've just started reading this fic and had to stop for a moment to comment on how incredible it it. Seriously, the way you write each character's point of view is very realistic. I've always thought Bourne/Landy would be an interesting couple. This fic is definitely a cool take on them :) Now, I'm off to read the rest!
jeswin chapter 10 . 9/26/2008
I love the tie in to the book, and the Rick/Reynolds/Delta twist was great. I had the feeling Rick would turn out to be involved somehow. You have a Delta who's sort of the character from the book, but then again he's someone new and different from the character in the book. The book's Delta/Cane/Bourne was never actually an assassin, he just pretended to be to catch Carlos. I get the impression that is not the case with this Delta - but it remains to be seen what this one is really all about. Please, let there be a sequel in the works!
IlfirinEstel chapter 10 . 9/22/2008
-low whistle- Oh, my Lord, there had better be a sequel on the way. This can't be the end and you've laid down spectacular paths for a continuation fic. Paz still alive? Delta as Rick? Jason realizing that he can't leave the Bourne Identity completely behind, not to mention the fact that Tom is still in the coma and poor Pam thinks that David is dead...?

I know I've already told you how bloody brilliant you are, but seriously. You are. I'm hoping for more of this.
IlfirinEstel chapter 9 . 9/22/2008
Oh, you are brilliant. So, so brilliant- combining the books with the movies so effortlessly. I noticed how you brought the names Delta and Medusa in earlier, but I wasn't sure how you'd bring those book-centered ideas into the movie-world, considering the fact that movie-Bourne isn't old enough to have been in Medusa himself... you've blended both realms beautifully. It's wonderful, it all makes complete sense. I absolutely love it.

And I love Pam. I lovelovelove your version of her. This whole thing is simply amazing.