Reviews for A Bet's A Bet
Sorrow Reminisce chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
Wow you've got the charaterisation of Alec and Max down pat, and their banter is perfect. The scenario is so realistic, from Alec getting the wrong idea about Max's attire ("Ok...so, what? You just dropping off some business cards before you hit the corner?" - love that line. So Alec!) to Max's seething scorn. The UST was fantastic, Alec's jealousy so cleverly written...

"That," Sketchy informed him, his eyes also glued to Max's curves. "I mean, she's my friend, I shouldn't be thinking certain things..."

Forcing himself to roll his shoulders once more, Alec told his friend briskly, "Keep your eyes off of her." It only took him half a second to realize what he had said and he quickly added, "if you feel that way, I mean."

There are so many moments in this I could quote, you've done an incredible job of writing a scene that - until the last bit there - could slip right into an episode if the writers had've had the chance to follow up on what they hinted at, and go the M/A way...

I hope you continue writing DA fics - you have these two pegged too well to stop!
l chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
This was great! Thanks for this. Max/Alec ftw! ;D
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Awesome! I love it! Very funny. Though, I little rushed at the end.
Dark-Supernatural-Angel chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Wow Alec actually came through with the bet LOL I would have loved to see him struggle some more D

Great work!
bewarethemelodrama chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
I really liked this, especially the ending. That was a perfect sign-off.

You kept it in character, with just the right mixture of fiesty/angry/comedy and the ending was really passionate. You gave a really great sense of the fire there. The only criticism I could give is that on a couple of occasions your sentences overran slightly too long (but I'm guilty of that too sometimes).

Really great!

Keep on writing!
purplebunnywabbit chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
I loved the bite to their banter. It seemed... very realistic to the plotline, that dialogue. It was amazing, I mean what’s NOT to love? You had Alec down to a ‘T’, like seriously. I will be honest, you had me laughing my ass off! I mean in a good way, not in a bad way at all, in the best way I can imagine. Like payback for how Alec regarded her performance at Blowfish Tavern sort of hilarity. I honestly don’t think you COULD have made this better, and if you could you’re like... like mastermind Picasso! I absolutely adored this.
darkaznangel452 chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
aw i love it! lol quite a spin on the bet. i figured that they were going to have sex because of the bet. as i said interesting twist!

ariana
ashonorion chapter 1 . 11/12/2008
Dunno how you would have made it better. It was well paced and fun to read. I loved how he pulled her back hehe. And you did a great job with the characters. Poor Alec.

-ash-
JensenLover89 chapter 1 . 10/3/2008
Awesome job! That was a really fun story to read!
quirkys chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
great job with alec's pov. his attempts at denial were adorable and the poor boy's rising sexual tension was fun to watch.
Icebox724 chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
I like all of Alec's reactions leading up to the confrontation and the line "Not with her,you don't." It was cute when he told her he didn't care but ended up pulling her your best work huh-well it's good.
p3karen chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
I liked it.
Mona chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
I know it is sometimes easy to see flaws in your own work but I really don't think you have anything that really needed improving, this was a very cute story and I really liked it. I thought you did a really good job on this so don't be so hard on yourself.
Chica De Los Ojos Cafe chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
Wow, this isn't your best work? I'd so love to see what is. Hehe. This was so good! I loved how you pegged Alec's character and that ending was so funny. Leave it to Max to make Alec follow through on a bet that was frustrating her too, I'm sure. LOVED IT! Post another one-shot, story, Max/Alec piece again sooN!

~Chica~
Kare38 chapter 1 . 9/12/2008
You're too hard on yourself Melissa! I really enjoyed this piece. Fluffy and fun...a fun read. Thanks for deciding to submit.