Reviews for Sometimes you can't make it on your own
evonna chapter 19 . 9/30/2013
Oh no! She's anorexic. She eats practically nothing after heavy exercise, that's pretty unhealthy in terms of nutrition and body image. Darcy better knock some sense into her silly teenage head :) LOL
1529 chapter 46 . 8/30/2013
A very good story, I normally don't read anything with an abusive relationship in it, especially those where the abuser is continually referred to by the author as a 'good person' (what was this author smoking?), but the story was good despite the excusing of physical abuse that existed throughout.

A very good story.
lolelie chapter 46 . 4/15/2013
Petit message, juste pour te dire que c'est une excellente histoire! J'ai vraiment adoré et je l'ai presque lu d'une seule traite... Merci beaucoup!
Pm chapter 17 . 9/19/2012
Is richard Darcy cousin or brother in law?
Because I was under the impression that he is Georgiana husband but then you present him as Darcy cousin so I am a little confused.
English is not my native tongue so maybe I didn't understand correctly...
EmlynMara chapter 46 . 7/30/2012
Fascinating story. I really enjoyed reading it. You brought it round full circle. Very nice job.
Guest chapter 3 . 5/6/2012
THIRD READING! & Absolutely love it! My absolute favorite fanfiction of all time!
tracylynne chapter 2 . 5/6/2012
**THIRD time reading this twific! Yes, its that *Absolutel G...spectacular...so very INTENSE! Each and every chapter has been utterly and completely riveting! I LOVE your writing style! So wonderfully descriptive and dramatic...I have literally been held on the edge of my seat not able to walk away... You are an incredible author and I cannot wait to read more of your work!

**& Did I mention the tears... I balled at the end of this chaper! Such an unexpected twist... wow, still in shock! (: Very Well-Done!
Nami-Taicho chapter 5 . 3/29/2012
Creepy Billy strikes again. At least is just on the phone, but still.

Here Lya is seen as the silly girl that's described in the book. But I wonder why you didn't put Kitty too in the story, even if it's just like a distant relative. But anyway, it's your story. And I liked it just like it is in the first place... Never mind, I'm just babbling UXD

Interesting guy that Chris. I like the fact that it's a guy and not a girl as the secretary. And simply loved the Spiderman/Batman reference. Even if Darcy says it wrong (And Batman it's from DC, not Marvel XD!).

Not much more to say about the chapter. Wilhelm lyes to himself thinking Ella is really attracted to him, he gets pissed off when sees her with Gee... the usual.
Nami-Taicho chapter 4 . 3/29/2012
Hooray for the new characters! I'm not sure if I can imagine Whickham with beard and moustache. I liked the fact that Ella finds him attractive, but at the same time finds something disturbing in his eyes.

Next, Lye and Mya. The names are catchy. Mya is cute babbling, she's so shy, poor thing! She reminds me of myself, I babbled a lot when I was like 14. And Lye has been a bit quiet.

Jayne doesn't have much protagonism yet, not like in the book at least.

Collins is as creepy and tyring as ever. Poor Ella. And Lady Catherine having a mobile company it's... interesting, at least xD

Next!
Nami-Taicho chapter 3 . 3/28/2012
Hi, it's me again!

What a conversation between Ella and Will. It's even more philosophic and difficult to follow that the one written by Austen (but I'm spanish and I still have a bit difficult with some words or sentences, so never mind me).

Oh, and Ella, Charlie and Darcy sharing chocolates? Amazing xDD She can't stand him, but share her chocolats with him xD And I can imagine Caroline modeling all that se bought, but I can't picture Jayne doing the same. It's kind of creepy xD!

Anyway, Ella's aunt seems frightening. There's just so much yelling anyone can stand. No wonder why Darcy leaves (even if it's not the main reason UXD).

So, on to the next chapter!
Nami-Taicho chapter 2 . 3/27/2012
I love how Ella still preserve her stile during the awards part. Even if she has to wear a more formal style, she leaves her make up as she like it, heart on the cheek included.

The fact that Darcy prefers coffe and Ella tea it kind of made me laugh. It's like "screw labels" XD

Anyway, I remember getting all "WTF?" when Ella awekes in Wilhelm's house (or should I say mansion instead?). They barely know each other from the day before. But it kind of makes sense when you know why. Still I found it surprising.
Nami-Taicho chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Hi! I read your fic a couple of weeks ago and I liked it (I even put it in favourites XD!) but I forgot to leave any review U So, now that I'm re-reading it again, maybe I'll leave one for every chapter, lol.

So, turning to the story. I remember that when I first read it it startled me the changes in the names of some of the characters (specially Ella), but I like it. It's a way to remember people that even if it's based in Jane Austen's character, it's a completely different story, even if ther are some general scenes or situations similar (Ella hearing Will "insult" her, Charlie leaving Jayne, etc.).

I like the idea of the band. And the names xD I understand why Ella gets angry when Wilhelm says she's just a girl. I'm 22 too and I'm no litte girl. Even if I'm still a bit girlish in some aspects UXD

Well, I think that I'll end in here or I will be commenting the next chapters on the review of the first.

Sorry if I said some incoherences. I'm spanish and the english grammar it's difficult for me U

See you in next chapter!
Conjectured chapter 37 . 11/19/2011
It's frightening, to see the one you love turn into a monster. To have all your illusions stripped away. And when it's over you try to go back, try and make it what it once was...try and love as you did before. But you can't. Because in the back of your mind you know what he's really like. And you're stuck but you know the truth. And there's no backing away from the truth.

I love your story so far. I'm glad she's standing up for herself, and that she's finally able to walk away. That's freeing. Keep it up, you're amazing.
Nuingarien chapter 39 . 8/29/2011
I loooove this chapter! I love all the "realizations" such as Darcy reading Ella's relationship with her father for what it was and Darcy and Ella coming to an "understanding" of sorts. Thank you!
Nuingarien chapter 38 . 8/29/2011
Finally! Okay, I like Ella again. Yey for closure, yey for Darcy not giving up, yey for this chapter!