Reviews for So Easy to Shatter, So hard to Rebuild
SlytherinsVixen902 chapter 1 . 10/13
I love this story and I really hope you decide to finish it up.
Staggered Pichu chapter 8 . 8/27
I want to say that I enjoy the theme of this story, but I can't get over the fact how OOC Shawn is. I understand that the hormones that come with the pregnancy have probably put him out of whack, but I don't think he would be so whiney and letting all that sadness and anger consume him like that.
Not to mention he is just as much at fault as all the other characters in the story.
First off, Juliet isn't at fault at all. Gus may have blown up at him, but he had every right to be angry at him. His actions reflect on Gus as well since they are a partnership. And if Shawn gets them fired due to his own recklessness then that is on Shawn, especially since Shawn has always pulled Gus away from his real full time job to work with him. He's honestly lucky he wasn't arrested for endangering the lives of thise children, regardless of if they were in the car or not.
I can understand his anger towards Lassie for sure. You shouldn't throw your SO under the bus like that but, then again, it was a misunderstanding.
Most of Shawns reactions are just too unrealistic to believe.
In another note, it's great you want to out so much detail into your story and give the reader a visualization of everything, but when you go to each. And. Every. Character. And talk about their mundane minute-to-minute tasks, it really pulls away from ehat you want in the story. Like, it's getting serious on Shawn's end and then you to to something comoletely unrelated on Henry's end or O'Hara's end. It got boring and seemed there was no real reason for it other than you wanting to be as thorough as you can which isn't all that bad, but maybe not the best technique for a story like this that is thriving off of all the angst it's producing with Shawn and the mpreg.
You might also want to explain more about the male carriers though. For a portion of the story i wasn't sure if Shawn's pregnancy was an anomaly or if it was just natural in this universe. I mean, everyone was taking it in stride so easily. If my male friend came up to me and told me he was pregnant before he was showing and had no proof, my automatic reaction would be to think he's pulling my leg. It just doesn't happen every day (or at all in the real world).
But I do appreciate your dedication to this story. Most people don't even get past the 5th or 7th chapter. But here you are with 18 whole chapters!
I hope you take my words as constructive criticism.
Best of luck to your future writing! With every piece you write you get better and better.
Also, the more you read other stories try and notice their writing techniques and see what you can implement into your own writing. Never be afraid to ask for advice. Sure some people are jerks, but the ones that do help you will bring you that much closer to succeeding what ever goal you set for yourself.
You can also look up some writing brush strokes on the internet. That will really help bring your writing to life.
Psych lover chapter 18 . 6/29/2016
Perfect! It's Amazing!
Can you write just 2 more chapter please!
Just don't hang it like this ,want to see their beautiful baby!
Love this Shassie story,Excellent!
If you got time plz! Update dear!
Thank you!
Stormy Feathers chapter 18 . 5/29/2016
PLEEAASSEEE UPDDAAATTTEEEEEEEE!
It's so sad when a gorgeous work like this goes unfinished!
LaPirataAna chapter 18 . 4/12/2015
Aaah, I've finally caught up! Or is this the end of the story, because it actually could be if you wanted. They're willing to work through what had happened all those months ago, and are going to be there for each other and their son. Either way, I loved this story so much! Fantastic job! :)
LaPirataAna chapter 17 . 4/12/2015
Aw Lassie, the poor dear. XD But yaaaay, they're having a boy, I'm so happy for them! And the moment when the baby kicked was so sweet! -
LaPirataAna chapter 16 . 4/12/2015
Oh my god, they're going to see their baby! That lunch was really nice and sweet, and I'm so glad to see that they're trying their best to get past this together.
LaPirataAna chapter 15 . 4/12/2015
Gaah, I really hope their first lunch out goes well. :/
LaPirataAna chapter 14 . 4/12/2015
I'm glad that Gus and Shawn were able to talk things over, and the fact that Gus broke down did wonders to help his case. Shawn knows his friend, and knows he wouldn't just cry for nothing. Gus is truly sorry, and it's going to take a little while until Shawn can fully trust him and the others, but they're off to a good start. :)
LaPirataAna chapter 13 . 4/11/2015
This chapter makes me so happy! I knew it wasn't going to be a quick fix, and I'm glad, as this'll be more realistic that way.
LaPirataAna chapter 12 . 4/11/2015
Mmm, I really hope that Shawn will be ok talking alone with Carlton so soon after returning. :/ That was quite an emotional moment, but thankfully it seems that Lassie is willing to work to regain what he thrown away before. :)
LaPirataAna chapter 11 . 4/10/2015
As much as i want Shawn to get his friend back, I like how you've written this. It's more realistic, wherein Gus messes up, not apologizing appropriately - and then getting kicked out until he does so correctly. I just hope the meeting with Jules and Lassie goes better (though I doubt it). :/
LaPirataAna chapter 10 . 4/9/2015
Buzz is such a good friend to Shawn, but I am glad that Shawn is getting in touch with Gus first. Hopefully Gus doesn't go out and tell the others about Shawn's arrival.
LaPirataAna chapter 8 . 4/9/2015
Gaaah, I'm so anxious for how everyone will react when Shawn returns! Great story so far, I can't get enough of it! :D
LaPirataAna chapter 7 . 4/9/2015
Oh shit, Henry reacted just as I thought he would. But hopefully he'll be able to control himself and confront Lassie with a little more tact than just storming the police department. :/