Reviews for Legend of Laputa
Greg chapter 1 . 3/2
I actually came on the web to learn some backstory, not on Laputa itself but of the 'flying islands' as a whole. I liked the simplicity of it, the longstepping of history. If you would do a more detailed one, that would be great! In the beginning sequence of the movie you see a 'flying island' banked into the earth and the residents walking away from it in a mass exodus. I'm curious to know if that was a malfunction or purposeful. Why did they start doing away with the 'flying islands', was it with reason or simply boredom? How was it that Laputa was the last of these 'islands'? Maybe there are yet more to be found.

Nice, simple and direct approach with your short story. Like I said, it would be killer if you can do a full-scale story, you certainly have the potential. Until then (if and when), I shall wonder in my mind. ;D
Americaiuno chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
Lovely drabble!
Caligalux chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
Beautifully executed! I was looking for something that would expand on Laputa's back story, and as short as it is, it's really nice. Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/24/2011
Great Laputa legend! I've watched Miazaki movies for as long as I remember you're great at writting stories! ( I'll sometimes make pokemon legends I love those!)
twinklewind chapter 1 . 6/10/2009
Plates? Was there plates supporting the castle? I thought it was really, just a castle, with stone and other material, some metal...and that what supported everything was the etherium crystal.

I like your story. Thank you for your eloquence
Robert Varulfur chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Very good! Sounded like a factual historical account from someone in the future explaining whats to come for our dear planet.
AC chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Thanks for writing this review.
lemony anemone chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
interesting basis for a laputa fic. I liked the last three lines, it was kind of thought-provoking.
Kefka VI chapter 1 . 9/13/2008