Reviews for Winter's Child
SetV chapter 15 . 3/21
Amazing, incredible fic! I didn't know what to expect of a fic with an OC as the main character but I didn't expect something as good as this, Bea was a perfect character, you made her so real. I started reading this expecting a reset but then we met all those kids and realized no one could sacrifice them but you did the only way that could work, if it was Beatrice and Zayek's choice, I knew it was coming but it still broke my heart, Bea's video for her mother? Heartbreaking. The way she said the names of all of them, damn, that's one perfect story. I see that you're not writing anymore at least not with this name but I hope you feel like writing Voyager again.
SnowflakesandMozart chapter 14 . 1/23
Oh, this was so well written! Your prose flows well and all the pseudoscience background is just that, background that doesn't distract the reader's attention from the characters you have drawn so vividly. Bea's voice is distinctive and in your hands she feels like a real person. Her choice at the end and the way she makes peace with its consequences are compelling. The canon characters' behavior and psychology fit with nicely with their development in the show. Very nice work!
piccolaJaneway chapter 3 . 1/4
Second time I'm reading this and loving it
piccolaJaneway chapter 15 . 7/2/2016
T . . .ever. Really, no kiddin'! It got me right from the beginning and I couldn't stop reading it, it's too intriguing, well written and the plot is so clever and original! And while I read it I can clearly see that the author (you lol) has spent a lot, LOT of time on it, searching for informations and plausible explanations. I don't know what to say anymore except for well done and continue to write!
Annie chapter 15 . 11/21/2015
Stunning piece of work! Look forward to reading more of your stories.
Sareki02 chapter 15 . 8/15/2015
This was really a fantastic story and so well written. Congratulations on an excellent piece.
Amelia Elizabeth chapter 15 . 7/21/2015
Thank you thank you thank you for writing this. I squealed and yelled and banged my hands against the wall as I read each twist. It was amazing and inspired. Please please write more. This is the best thing I've read in such a long time.
Carrie L chapter 1 . 4/20/2015
I read this story years ago and it stayed with me so much that I looked it up to read it again. Wonderful storytelling. Thank you.
murphycat chapter 15 . 2/5/2015
This was as fine a scifi story, not just Trek, that I have ever read. Wonderfully done. Don't listen to any detractors. I'm sure they couldn't have done better than you. I was so emotionally wrapped up in the story that my chest was tight at the end. I have only one complaint; I so wish I could have seen the look on Janeway's face when the message came through. Great story!
K chapter 15 . 2/23/2014
Thank you for writing this!The premise was interesting and I enjoyed seeing things from Bea's perspective.
phantominkgecko chapter 15 . 12/31/2013
This story messed me up. Swearing at the computer. Sobbing. Smiling a little. Screaming on the inside the whole time. Beautiful. Terribly beautiful. You've ripped out my poor shipper heart and have done little to repair it for me. Holy heck. Thank you. But also I'm very angry with you and this quality piece of fiction.
Guest chapter 15 . 9/22/2013
I think there is now more need to tell you that this is a gorgeous story (both in storyline and telling), but what made it even better were the Author's Notes. Especially the part about why Bea's name is Beatrice - I had thought you're reason had been a different (and am delighted, that the meaning is fitting too).

In his work Vita Nova Dante describes his love to women called Beatrice. (Which is read by Janeway in Latent Image, a quote from it read out loud by the Doctor.)
skadoo chapter 15 . 8/13/2013
This was exquisite. I can't possibly adequately describe how much I enjoyed this. I especially liked their discussion about changing the timeline. Did they have the right to do it, to decide or does it belong to the person who is forced to ultimately make the decision?
Beloved Daughter chapter 15 . 8/13/2013
Really awesome story! Thanks for writing and posting! I thoroughly enjoyed reading every minute of it!
Kerry J chapter 15 . 7/25/2013
Wow, I just finished reading it and I'm still reeling from it. I came across this purely by accident and was hooked half-way through the first chapter. The voice of Bea, this girl whom circumstances have made older and wiser than her years, is hard to get out of your head. I can't tell you how much I loved her simple, matter-of-fact way of telling her story.
And what a heartbreaking story it was. And what a brilliant idea of a premise that you so expertly made into this incredible piece of fanfiction.

I loved your characterisation of and your insight into the main characters - I felt with all of the surviving Voyagers (probably more so with Janeway, but then she I think carried the biggest burden), instantly loved their kids and welled up when Beth died.

The reunion with Chakotay and Harry was very emotional, as was his talk with Kathryn. And I couldn't help it - I felt bad for Tessa when she unburdened herself to Bea. I wasn't surprised at all when she was the one helping Bea and Zayek with the correction. But what a decision to be made by two kids. And yet - I'm with Kathryn at the end, it felt like the right decision. That was a really nice twist - that she'd seen through them and condoned their plan.

I loved your notes after the end as well - a few of those questions I'd have asked too. Glad to see you answered them already. ;-)

What a wonderful, wonderful story. And I think you chose the perfect person to tell it. Loved it. Favourited!