Reviews for Light Years From Home
Lichylichy chapter 4 . 5/11/2012
Hilarious!
4shiki chapter 1 . 1/16/2012
Not to nag, but...give us an update or maybe two! This is pretty good.

PS: I ADORE the way how you write Louie.
Maur the Grey chapter 4 . 12/3/2010
This is incredible...please, by all means, continue.
negative panda chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
You UPDATED! Huzzah! \o\ /o/ \o/

This is such a WONDERFUL little collection of oneshots you have here. The concept of the Ship musing unhappily about his nearing demise, yet having his faith gradually returning to him with the presence of Captain Olimar and Louie on board is just... so heart-warming and adorable in so many ways oh God you're so talented at this, dahling! The noodle fight at the end got a giggle out of me, too. c:

This is now my favorite Pikmin story in this section. 3
Kaustos chapter 3 . 7/1/2009
This is (or was?) a truly awesome story, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading through each chapter. I love your writing style, as well as your unique portrayals of Captain Olimar, Louie, and The Ship - especially the ship. You made him so much more likable here than 'he' is in the actual game, which is a major plus. :P His warm and... dare I say, 'flamboyant' personality's really adorable, too. :

I don't think you mangled the characters or the canon at all. In fact, I believe you went in a completely believable direction with it (Olimar is the caring family man, Louie's a bit awkward but still competent, etc.) which is, sadly, something you hardly see at all when it comes to most of the the stories you find in this section.

I was bummed to see this fic remain incomplete. It seriously did have a lot of potential... and as you mentioned in one chapter, there really -are- too many Pikmin-based stories. Give Olimar and Louie a chance in the spotlight for once, people! :(

Wrapping this whole thing up: I hope you finish this someday... or at least plan on doing more with the Pikmin series!
Min chapter 3 . 11/11/2008
I love this! I love the way you've made the ship too.

More please!
gengar58 chapter 3 . 11/7/2008
Absense makes the heart grow fonder, absense makes the heart wander...PI
gengar58 chapter 2 . 11/7/2008
Pikman, PI XD
gengar58 chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
:D ... PI
TMH chapter 3 . 10/12/2008
I really like where this piece of work is going so far. Though it feels, admittedly, slightly short, I find it interesting.

The hologram idea with "Angel" is quite a new to me - it's unique, I like it. Particularly the "control with age/experience" concept, as it really does make sense. Although I note that Angel refers to his last crew in Chapter Two. Wouldn't that crew actually just be Louie himself, though? Ah well, it doesn't matter.

I am very, VERY glad that Louie is not portrayed as a complete idiot, as I have seen a bit too often for my tastes (it can work, yes, but it just doesn't feel right).

Out of curiosity, about how far into the game do you plan to go with the Angel's memory, or did, if your older version was already finished? That is, if you can say so.

I look forward to further chapters.