Reviews for Oh God Not Again!
desartratt chapter 26 . 7/7/2009
This is a great story that I just reread. I really like Harry's attatude and feel that this is a good stopping place, but if you are continuing, I will be looking forward to reading more.
Viridian chapter 14 . 7/7/2009
Love Harry's interactions with Luna - and his unceasing attempts to lose House points. I'm surprised Luna knows of the Great Pumpkin though, since she isn't a Muggle-born. Anyway, I'm loving Harry's interactions with the secondary characters (that is, those that aren't Ron and Hermione) - they're delightfully quirky, bordering on the surreal. It's a pity that his interactions with Ron and Hermione feel staid in comparison.
Viridian chapter 13 . 7/7/2009
Hmm, complicated, isn't it? When you went the route of humour, I figured you were going to leave all the troublesome plot points behind. I'm glad you're not though ... Harry really is in a tough spot. He can't go back without leaving some sort of vacuum here, and he can't stay without ... giving up a great deal. Anyway, looking forward to seeing Harry milk as much fun as he can out of this experience before figuring out how to resolve the mess.
Viridian chapter 12 . 7/7/2009
You do dry wit incredibly well, but I think it makes it stand out all the more when you go for the poignant. The Harry-Lockhart interactions were great (and I loved how Neville's comfortably on the ball with Harry's attempts to lose House points), but I really loved the little scene with Colin and Harry's response to Ron's confusion.
Viridian chapter 11 . 7/7/2009
Oh, I absolutely adore the casual fencing between Harry and Draco. It seems things are shaping up to be a very firm, if somewhat odd, friendship. And Draco finding the situation patently ridiculous and summoning Dobby to forbid him from saving Harry made me smile.
Viridian chapter 10 . 7/7/2009
I think Harry's meeting with Sirius worked out nicely. I'm a bit surprised he managed to persuade Tonks to go along with something so risky like that, especially when he's supposed to be 12 years old and new to the wizarding world. It was great seeing his ties to so many people, especially that little touch with Cedric dropping by to play Quidditch.

Favourite moments in the chapter:

- Harry explaining how he has a dog for a godfather

- Draco finding out that Harry was responsible for the rumour

- Harry-Draco-Ron triple-teaming Lucius Malfoy with whimsy and getting him successfully side-tracked.
Viridian chapter 9 . 7/7/2009
SIRIUS!

Well, frankly, Sirius wasn't really one of my favourite characters. I much prefer Remus to Sirius. However, Harry is certainly fond of Sirius, so it makes me happy to see him too. So yay.

Anyway, I liked how you handled the Voldemort encounter, and how things changed - and yet not so much, with Neville's presence. It was great to see Neville defy him, and to see how Harry understood what Dumbledore felt when he allowed Harry the chance to confront Voldemort.

On the other hand ... I'm not sure I agree with Gryffindor being the most sycophantic ... there's certainly a touch of favouritism, but many of the points came from Harry doing what he felt he had to do.
Viridian chapter 7 . 7/7/2009
I think the warmth outdid the humour in this chapter. I really liked how Percy went along with the boys in their curfew-breaking expedition, and how Harry managed to see to the heart of Percy's insecurities. And it's great how Neville's mental approach to Draco's aggressiveness is the first to follow in Harry's footsteps - that he's willing to see Draco as a friendly rival rather than someone to be hated or feared. Go Neville!
Viridian chapter 6 . 7/7/2009
I forgot to mention but ... I love Harry's running gag about Quirrell and his turban (although I suppose he's dead serious, in a way). I liked seeing all the gifts Harry prepared for his friends - and that he prepared comfy socks for Dumbledore too ). It's great that Neville is starting to show his potential early (his moment of fame in book 7 was one of my all-time favourite scenes). The little line about Snape lowering Harry gently to the ground was a nice touch too - I like that Snape can be human, and still be a cranky, prejudiced git ).
Viridian chapter 5 . 7/7/2009
O_O

SIRIUS!

Awesome! I'm so looking forward to the craziness that will ensue when Harry and Sirius finally make contact.

Also, I appreciate the blend of humour and humanity in your story. So far, I like how you've approached all the characters. How Snape can be on the right side and still unpleasant, how Draco can be on the wrong side and still be human (and a child), and how Ron can be a bit ignorant at times, but still able to change. I'm glad to see that Harry's drawing in Fred, the twins and Neville as well, rather than just forming an exclusive trio.
Viridian chapter 4 . 7/7/2009
Harry, Harry, Harry ...

He's really having the time of his life, it seems. His cavalier attitude towards his fame and his childhood results in some truly smashing lines, like the one where he goes, "In most circumstances, yes, but I’m Harry freaking Potter, of course they’re going to make an exception."

You found a way to resolve this intitially very acrimonious encounter very nicely ... great job!
Viridian chapter 3 . 7/7/2009
I'm greatly enjoying Harry's attempts to keep the peace between the Gryffindor boys and Malfoy. That dialogue about picking houses was hilarious, with Harry running verbal circles around the poor 11-year old boys.

I also like Harry's down-to-earth approach with some of the absurdities in the early books (that's what reminded me of the Discworld series). That's not to say, however, that I don't appreciate the absurdities themselves; those elements were what made the early series so delightfully quirky and magical.
Viridian chapter 2 . 7/7/2009
Now I get what I'm reminded of when I read your story: Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. If you've never read his stuff, I highly recommend it. Anyway, I love Harry's prank on the twins, and his thoroughly nonchalant attitude as he leaves a confusion and havoc (well, maybe not havoc quite yet, but I'm sure there will be some in the future, at this rate) in his wake.
Viridian chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
I must admit I was curious as to how this premise could possibly be approached with humour, but I do see it now. Although it started off with a lot of lines straight out of the book, I was amused to see how Harry readdressed the same situations with an off-hand sort of confidence and cheek. I'm looking forward to seeing how he deals with the experience.
Formerly crayola chapter 26 . 7/7/2009
This is one of the funniest fics I have read in a while. I previously read A Black Comedy and laughed my way through it, so it was really nice to find this. Definitely one for the bookmarks! More soon. I may actually have to get an ffnet account just to keep up.
10,446 | « Prev Page 1 .. 559 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 579 .. Last Next »