Reviews for Bury It Forward
Irukaka321 chapter 1 . 6/30
this is fascinating and sad
MissAkito chapter 38 . 6/16
Well, I cried twice...once when I honestly thought Al was dead, and then at the last line. I've been following this fic for years, and I'm so happy to see it get an amazing end. And damn what an end. Depressing while still maintaining just enough ambiguity to allow hope for the boys' future.
SoulMore chapter 38 . 4/25
FAN!~
It took me four days but I got through it! I beautiful piece. Thank you for the story! I hope you continue with a sequel or another chapter!
ShiroiKarasuX chapter 38 . 4/10
Reading this whole thing is pretty much all I did this week and I loved every minute of it. Thank you for writing this, I enjoyed it. Your writing style is really nice and the way you put everything into words was perfect. Awesome! :D
Shadow fear chapter 5 . 2/24
quick question.. where is Edward staying? I know you have most likely adressed this but i must have missed it somehow.. thanks!
anaticulapraecantrix chapter 38 . 2/21
This chapter has been idling on my browser tab for far too long. I'm glad I finally made time to sit down and read it.

What an adventure your story has been! You truly are able to write the emotions and thoughts of all your characters and express them in a way that the reader can relate.

You've managed to tie up the story with just enough loose ends to warrant a curiosity of what may be to come. :)
Damn. I binge-read this.

I think I need to read it again.
I feel very, very, VERY depressed. Something awful is gonna happen soon, isn't it?
God... this is depressing. I have no hope at present. And there are still eleven more chapters.

Will I last that long?

Help me...
gwntan12 chapter 4 . 2/5
I'm only on the third chapter and I'm crying like a baby. Oh well that just proves how good your story is.
OMG! I am so glad there was a resolution to this but I could have kept following this for years to come and sad it ended. It was a roller coaster ride. Just like the anime and manga there was a buildup to hook you in then it climaxed so suddenly. I loved it! I'm glad Mitchell got his comeuppance and I was hopeful Gansworth would make it but I knew he wouldn't. I was saddened by his tragic death but moved by his last act of trying to care for and protect the boys despite how clinical and detached he always came off. I loved you were not scared to maim and hurt other main characters. No one was safe. You left the majority of Ed's torture without overly thus the reader's imagination filled in the blanks; sometimes it was worse than can be imagined. Poor Al! Sensory deprivation for a year then to have to go through it again. Think about the psychological trauma also coming with being buried alive. Overall a well written story. Seem rushed near the end with some transition problems and grammatical errors but understandable with real life happening. Definitely worth the wait.
ThatOneGuyWhoIsANinja chapter 38 . 10/31/2015
Jesus goddamn cock-sucking motherfucking shitloving christ.

Uh, excuse the language, but I needed to get that out. Never before have I read such a depressingly bleak yet semi-hopeful ending. In a way, immensely unsatisfying, but overall, probably the best ending you could have given it. As much as I was silently hoping for a fairy-tale ending, I knew it couldn't be too easy for the poor Elric brothers. Still, it could have been worse. A lot worse. I guess it was perfect. Even if I do hate you for it.

Although, I am absolutely bloody amazed at the way it was written. Incredibly detailed, descriptive, and with an absolutely shocking insight to what I can only guess is a realistic look at the broken, tortured mind. I wondered frequently if maybe you were a psychotherapist or perhaps a psychology student, 'cuz damn, your knowledge is astounding.

Everyone was, in my opinion, perfectly in character. You could really feel the motives behind everyone's actions, no matter how frustrating they were. Even though I was constantly willing Ed to just snap the hell out of it, or to do this or do that, I could really see why he couldn't. The original characters, the good doctor especially, were enjoyable, being important to the plot without being intrusive in ways that a lot of people seem to do.

Overall, well, yeah. It was fuckin' awesome. I only hope you perhaps put out a one-shot of the aftermath sometime soon. A sequel might be a little unnecessary (though I would certainly enjoy and appreciate it) but I think a quick follow up to see how things have been going would be great.

So, y'know. Thanks for writing this. It was a blast.
Guest chapter 38 . 10/14/2015
This story is so impressive I'm not sure what to say about it. First of all, yes, I'm disappointed with the way it ended without answering all the important questions that were probably meant to be answered at some point. But everything else makes up for that.

When I started reading it this fanfic made me incredibly anxious. At first I thought this was just a story about Ed's recovery, but I wasn't really prepared to read about cruel and horrible things. Then, when I realised the risk of more horrible things happening was still present, and Ed's worry wasn't actually nonsense, that made me really fear for what was to come.

When emotionally and physically horrible things just kept happening, one after another, in more and more cruel ways that didn't necessarily have anything to do with the homunculi, it was pretty crushing.

After so much of that it didn't really feel so bad anymore. Bad things were going to happen and it was inevitable so I just tagged along without worrying about it. That was the most horrible thing, because now that I think about it, the last chapter was probably meant to be sad. However, some things much before that had already been so shocking that the last chapter had almost no effect on me.

Another thing: This story stopped feeling like a FMA fanfic because it was so realistic. Too good, even. The OC's didn't feel odd either, they blended in almost too well. Definitely worth reading for a second time.
Random Passerby chapter 17 . 9/27/2015
Hello, I just found this story two days ago and have been reading it slowly (the theme is too dark for fast reading D)

First, I really love the story telling. The descriptions are nice to read, although they're in the form of long and lots of paragraphs, which I usually don't enjoy. But there's always exceptions D

Second, a review specific to chapter 17. I don't know if it means anything to ask around here (here as in, this chapter), since this story (chapter) is already a few years old, and I haven't even read half of it, and I'm not even leaving a signed review to be replied... Anyway. I remember in chapter 16, when Mustang and co. found the lead to Ed's whereabouts, they saw a pair of even footprints followed by uneven ones which they believed to be Ed's.

But later when Ed told Armstrong and Hawkeye that he went out of his room following Mustang, Armstrong and Hawkeye thought that Ed was dreaming or hallucinating.

The footprints were proof that Ed was actually following someone. And military people like them ought to know to tell new footprints from old (besides, the beginning of the series started in rainy season anyway, so if there were any footprints in such an abandoned place, it had to be recent).

This small miss (if it's really a miss) kinda disturbs me. I'm on my way of rewatching Brotherhood and I just past the episode where Mustang staged Ross' death to save her and to smoke out a mastermind in the military. That was bloody awesome, and so clever of Mustang. I cannot connect that clever Mustang (or any of his wonderful subordinates for that matter) with the stressed and strain version of him in this story, who overlooked such a simple clue.

I'm planning to keep reading though, and perhaps revisit chapter 16 and 17 in case I'm the one who's missing something. Just wanting to voice out this confusion so it won't eat me away and force me to drop the story as a whole.

Thanks and see you.
Guest chapter 11 . 9/11/2015
Wow! Your writing is amazing, the story is crazy unsettling. I don't think I can marathon this fic! It's all so realistic, Envy's fucking terrifying, I think I'll spend all day looking over my shoulder