Reviews for Letter to Myself
Korval chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Howdy!

I liked the first part of the story (HG letter to herself), but didn't care as much for the second part.

Harry's letter to himself came across as immature & shallow. Honestly it reminded me more of Ron than of Harry.

I think I would have preferred the story to have stayed focused on Hermione and not go down the "letter inside the letter" route.

-Korval
slashslut chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
good story though i wish it had been a longer series:)
Isabella Black chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
So, Dumbledore and the Weaslys are evil... clever AU, you justfied it well. I feel like there should have been a bit more to your HHr, maybe a kiss thrown in in the tent or someting, I dunno. I know that this wasn't a direct Ron-bash but I hate how common Ron-bash fics are! Honestly, he's a great character. Keep writing, you've got something.

p.s. Guyver Unit 1 - Don't insult JKR. She wrote what we play with. Even if you are unhappy with the pairings she created, you should respect them. If you wished it ended differently, write a story! It's not easy writing 7 mind-blowingly amazing books, I'm sure.
Flyguy25 chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Loved it! F Ron, he's lame.
Arkenstone007 chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
I did!I also figured that is what it said after just the word map. however you have map*ap*password you have an extra ap in it.
Nitoskasaint chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Oh Man! This is pure gold!. You were excellent in the description of the manupulations that Dumbles put Harry under. The pureblood laws and the conspiracy. I really love all your work, please keep writing and thank you for sharing.

Nita
Guyver Unit 1 chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
lmao I guess Hermione already found the secret of the letter. Although, for some reason you keep spelling Zabini Zambini. Good story tho. Loved it. I seriously think that all you said in the fic is true. Albus was a master of manipulation and the Potter should of had way more stuff left over other than a house, which even if there was a spell backfire, it should have survived pretty much intact since it was a magical home w/ a newborn wizard, an invisibility cloak, and a "trust fund". I was never sure who was more evil: Albus, since he disguised his evil as "the greater good", Voldemort was openly evil at least, or JKR for screwing up the story that badly.

Sorry about the big wall of text. In short: I like your story, HHr forever, and JKR is a right b*tch. Hope you finish Enlightenment soon and come up w/ another good one shot. If you need more inspiration, try reading Harry Potter & the Sword of Gryffindor by cloneserpents. It's funny as heck.
ROBERT-19588 chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Good story.

I hope there is more of this story.

The rest of the chapters could be filling in the detals and after Harry & Hermione marage.
Alorkin chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
A brilliant fic! You are fast becoming a favorite author. Each of the two stories I have read has been: 1) closely along my own thought paths, so I'm biased, 2) well reasoned, and 3) well presented.

It has long been my assertion that Dumbledore knew precisely what he was doing when he abandoned Harry on the doorstep, like a bottle of milk. He intended for Harry to grow up abused. There's a saying in the Marine corps. "A blade must be forged in the fires of adversity." The Dursley's would have both battle hardened him and at the same time, removed his ego. Without that vital sense of self, he would be easy to mould into the perfect weapon...unquestioningly loyal, obedient and expendable.

He has constantly ignored the clear signs of abuse, even in canon, he has allowed the Death Eater to torment Harry and his friends with impunity, He has lied, prevaricated, and told half-truths, he has abjectly refused to train harry for his destiny, the exception were his ridiculous Psyche 101 classes, which seemed to me to be more to get Harry to associate and sympathize with Riddle than to fight him.

His excuse at the end of book five for why he ignored his pawn all year demonstratedd that he was more interested in protecting himself than Harry. "I feared he would use the connection to take control of my mind..." or something like that.

His two excuses were unacceptable. "I loved you too much." and 'An old man's mistakes." Yeah...Right!

He literally had to be forced to part with any information, even that necessary to the war, and he prefers to play his insane games, sacrificing lives all the way. It wouldn't surprise e that he knew who was eavesdropping, and he allowed the prophesy too get to Voldy in order too set things in motion. Why else would he have a job interview...with a seer, in the Hogshead Inn? A place with a higher concentration of criminals and low-life's than Knockturn Alley!

And he claims to represent the light.

In book sux, and book sux; episode two, the only thing that could have explained both Harry's, and Hermione's instant turnaround was the liberal applications of freelance pharmaceuticals. It even suggests that in canon, both with Vane giving them to Harry, (who didn't like chocolate cauldrons(his subconscious waring him?)(PLOT BUNNY!), to remembered conversations with Molly, to the unique scent of whatever Ginny was wearing (indicating the poisoning began sometime at the Burrow) to Slughorne's showing them how to brew a MINISTRY RESTRICTED POTION! Yeah. It's true love. It's also a wonderful example for young girls. "If you can't get your man, why not use mind altering drugs?" (I can just see George Carlan here!)

I have also frequently expressed my agreement on the matter of inbreeding causing Squibs. Just look at Malfoy.

I wonder if the Weasley's(or more likely the Prewets) are related to Lily through the mysterious second cousin Ron alludes to, in book one.

I can also see the pureblood laws being precisely as controlling as you've indicated.

While Ginny's nocturnal excursions are a huge extrapolation, her behavior in canon, does lend *some* credence to your supposition.

Her last statement before they left was along the lines of 'You'll never be happy unless you're fighting him.", which shows that not only does Ginny not know Harry, but also that she never has. She's a fan-girl, pure and simple.

While it may have been kinder to feed Harry the potion in his sleep, I think he would have preferred the truth.

Ooh. Nice twist! Harry is the one who orchestrated this whole thing. Still I can see the rest being true.

I cannot understand Rowling's naming Harry's son after those who abused him most. It's almost as bad as naming them Vernon and Dudley! I think she found the absolute worst thirteen year old fanfic writer on Earth, and ghosted the last two books!

While I feel for the Weasley's...NOT! I am first and foremost a Harmony shipper.

Sorry,I could only find: D, though I did notice the different letters. (The first paragraph was entirely Italic.)

I have added your name to my author alerts list.

Alorkin
Cateagle chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
*wicked laughter* 'Twould appear that the uptime Harry clearly had let his slytherin side come fully out to play, here. I do like the fact that he did it primarily with "enhanced" truth, much as Dumbledore did and with far less deviousness. Considering how it all turned out, I doubt the downtime Harry is complaining about the changes so wrought. Now, Ron & Ginny are probably swearing up a storm about it but, really, who cares about that?
bjon66 chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Much better ending.. Great story..
witowsmp chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
I very much enjoyed this story.

However, everything is underlined. It seems you have a formatting problem.
Wonderbee31 chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Wow, so, Hary ent the letter to Hermione then? And he decided that for once, he wanted to take charge of things? Cloolnes to say the least, LOL. Really enjoyed this here, and a wild fic, with a lot there that wasn't what all the folks thought was there, and left some questions there to say the least. Very fun read!
riegert8 chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
This is a very Interesting story, it something that Hermione would write herself in the past and save herself.
Seel'vor chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
Oh, I like this one! It's like "Six Months Later", only better. The fact that the time-letter was accurate was brilliant, and Harry's reasons for sending back the letter; sex, was simply inspired.

You keep coming up with these little gems, don't you? Love it. Absolutely love it.
77 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 Next »