Reviews for Unrequited
1Kataangfan chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
I totally agree... There's also the problem of Tokka, Azulaang, and Taang
Kataang2018 chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
I love this story. I really agree with you because I hate all of the zutara fics kataang is the one and only forever. You are awesome dude.
Thank u chapter 1 . 7/21/2013
I've been getting mobbed since I hate zutura
Guest chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I feel bad for zuko and then he just is watching them do that in front of him
The Melon Lord Approves chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
This fic was great. and everything about your A/N was great, too. Well, except for the non-Zuko-fan bit, because I do like Zuko a great deal... but Zutara is weird and wrong and bad and NO.
louder.now chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
This isn't bad, but I feel that it's more of a shipping argument than a story.

"He moved his other hand so it was resting on hers and she pulled it away, startled. It was clear from the expression on her face that the feelings were totally his and his alone."

It's not bad writing - far from it - but the problem is instead of a nice story about Katara and Aang and Zuko being rejected and all that it's basically a shootdown of Zutara. And whatever your shipping position is, writing a story that really only rejects one position isn't going to be fun to read. It's not like you are alone in doing this, it's not like Zutara doesn't do the same sometimes, it's not like pretty much every ship on the site doesn't have a few stories like this... but still. Fics aren't shipping wars. Leave that for the forums.

Also, I know you're a hardcore Kataang-er, any particularly good fics you'd recommend? I've read a lot of good Zutara but I know there's Kataang out there of similar quality that I've yet to find.
Sukiqa chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
Finlly! Someone who understands! YAY! *Happy dances for like the third time today*
thebloodfiend chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
I agree that Katara would never 'dump' Aang for Zuko. Nicely written but sadly I'm sorta a Zutara fan. Still nice story though and nice twist. I like the unexpected ending and am so tired of countless cliche's.
Paladin of Farore chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
I love this, people who bash kataang, are bashing true love, it pisses me off with all the "katara dumps aang" fics which would never happen. Even if Zuko is redeemed the best thing he could get with katara is friendship and that alone.

Kataang forever!
my trancey inspiration chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
"Katara and Aang’s relationship is beautiful in its simplicity, IMO. Sometimes love just is uncomplicated and easy. Especially when it is with the right person."

Amen. Nuff said...
arizony chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
"...especially when it is with the right person." I agree 100%. Well written story, like always.
Amira Elizabeth chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
It is simple. And it is straightforward. And Zuko did take note of the way her face lit up when she watched Aang.

But let me share this with you and it is in part why I love Kataang...

A wise woman wrote this to me when I was going through a hard time in a relationship:

"When love is real, when love is true, it is easy and natural and comfortable. You might fight, you might argue occasionally, but when love and relationships become too much of a struggle, too much work, and it starts seeming like a chore then it is time to say goodbye.

People ask me, even this to this day why I fell in love with the man I did and the truth is, I just did. I could list every reason why, but in the end the only people who need to know those reasons are myself and my husband. If people can't look at us and see how happy we are together, then they wouldn't understand it no matter how much I explain it. He makes me happy and I love him. It is that simple."

And this was coming from a woman who married her childhood sweetheart, was married for nearly 60 years, and had 5 children (one of whom was my mother).

That is what I have always thought about kataang. He makes her happy (he always has) and she makes him happy. And they love each other for it.

It is that simple.

Trust me, conflict isn't all its cracked up to be and it shouldn't be looked upon as being part of a successful relationship.
Sophia Frostwhisper chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
I'm not a Zutara or Kataang fan, but this fic just made me smile. :D
MuslimBarbie chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
I'm not going to lie, I am a Zutara fan, but I've always been curious about what people see in Kataang, so I decided to check it out for myself.

I love the idea of Katara talking to Zuko about her being in love with Aang, but it didn't seem built up enough. You had Zuko ask the question a lot of people wonder - why does Katara love Aang? Why not some one else - Jet, Zuko, Haru? Katara had so many people she could have possibly gotten with, so why Aang? But "I just do" doesn't really answer the question. Does he make her heart skip? Does he bring a certain smile to her lips? Does he connect with her in a way that nobody else can? What does Aang do to her?

I personally don't believe in such a thing as simple love - humans need conflict to keep them interested; things can get boring when things come to easy, the chase is half the fun.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash you. I'm just trying to understand.
Avatarfanx2 chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
I completely agree with you! I am glad that you could write a Kataang fic to "couteract" all the Zutarian fics. Whenever I look for some good Avatar fanfiction, I always come across Zutara ones that are usually not well designed, so I get annoyed and frustrated until there are only a few author's fics that I still read. Anyway, enough of my rambling! :P Thanks for the great one-shot though! :-) I needed it! :-)