Reviews for Surfacing
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 1/21
Glad that Dean could witness Sam's greatest fear - hurting Dean, and being alone.

I think Dean could deal with that. ;)
NoilyPrat
lanri chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
Just curious, there's a line about Dean skewering Sam's arm when he was delirious from the cold? Was that just a throwaway line, or a tag to one of your other stories?
Freya922 chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
"What I did to you when I wasn't me" is such a rich theme to explore for these two. Thanks to constant brushes with the supernatural, this confusing state of affairs occurs with more than expected frequency! Great job with this.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
This was a really nice sequel as well. Leave it to the Winchesters to both have been not in control while hurting their brothers back to back like that. At least, then, they both knew what the other was going through and I think it made it a little bit better for them to let it go... as much as either of them can.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 12/14/2011
Great story.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
That was... Great! DD

I really liked it

Kisses and see ya next

Rosetta
Nana56 chapter 1 . 2/27/2010
Whew! I'm beat! I went and read the other fic then came back and read this one. How those guys keep going is beyond me. lol

This was particularly awesome the hurt!Sam and horrified!Dean. Really enjoyed Jefferson bringing Sam out to where Dean was and having to leave him there because Sam collapsed into Dean's arms. :D Yumminess.

The last part with the awesome brother stuff was enjoyable, too. *sighs happily*

Nicely done, my friend. :)
Whilom chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
Okay, Dean’s first words after Sam gets out of the shower—“I didn’t know it was still in you”—were so creepy. I thought it sounded like something was off, especially because Sam had noticed that weird smell, but he responded to Dean so normally that I wrote it off as paranoia. And then I was wrong. Oh boy, was I wrong. Dean was so scary when he was gassed, mostly because everything he was saying was motivated by love for Sam and wanting to take care of him. Awesome job with taking his loving, protective nature and twisting it just a little bit—it seriously gave me chills. And poor Sammy, taking a knife to the back! The back is one of the worst places to get hurt; I was amazed that Sam could even move as much as he did.

Then the dancing around each other that the boys did (or that Dean arranged, I guess) was great suspense for the eventual bro-love I knew would come, first with Dean taking care of Sam and leaving, then Sam waking up and Jefferson being there instead of Dean. I loved the way Sam was trying to reason with Dean when he could barely stand and how Dean couldn’t help but catch him when Sam needed him. :)

But the best part, the best, was when Sam was gassed. Gaah, the way you write these boys. Sam trying to crawl around his brother almost did me in. So, disjointed review to say that this is high up there on my favorites list.
JakeFL chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
"What the friggin’ hell had happened here? And, yes, “Hell” was the right word. He’d attacked Sam? Stabbed his own brother trying to protect him? In what insane universe did that make sense, and why had Dean dropped into it for a visit?"

ROFLMFAO! That has got to be the FUNNIEST thing I have ever read on this site! Excellent work, dude!
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
This was pretty interesting. I really enjoyed reading about this particular hunt, because it made both boys face things that they had to come to terms with...in their own typical Winchester way, of course. I enjoyed this addition to the other story (which I also enjoyed a lot, too...:D) and I thought this tag was done very well.

Good job!
hitchcock-starlet chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Between yours and Brate's story, we still don't find out what Sam said to Dean while possessed! Oh well, I'm sure it was just the usual. Great story! You've got a talent for writing brotherly moments.

Some of my favorite lines:

Especially when Sam was giving him that stupid dewy-eyed little brother look, which never worked except for most of the time when it did.
amyblair chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Wow. There were lots of lines I liked in this, K -

'They were going hunting. With sketchy information and both of them a little strung out. Sometimes, Dean had trouble recalling if they’d ever done things any other way.' Loved the "strung out" line. Totally fits the boys so much of the time.

'Dean wasn’t coming out to play' Oddly reminded me of a Jack Nicholson moment.

'He’d been silent so far, afraid to add even more to whatever nightmare memory floated in Sam’s unconscious, but Dean couldn’t stand it anymore.' I enjoyed the silent assessment, the quiet horror he held within himself at what he had done. Nicely stated.

'only Dean would provide him an armed nursemaid'. Ha. Great wording.

'Dean growled, frustration rising at the sight of Sam so weak, an AWOL culprit, and a conversation he knew he couldn’t dodge or win.' Again, thought this was great wording. So enjoyed the AWOL usage and the dodge or win.

"I won’t let you slip, Sam."

I have to admit you ended this a bit sad and I didn't have my warm feeling inside that I usually get when I finish one of your stories.

But, you ended it pretty damn real. For most people, including the Winchesters.
Landwing chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Ouch. Getting my low back out of alignment is painful enough, but getting it impaled? Gah! Poor Sam.

The possession and influence stories always wring the heartstrings pretty hard. Sam and Dean keep things from each other, trying to protect each other. Maybe it's not the best idea to keep things back in their line of work, but they do the best they can to keep each other safe, even when they're mistaken about what will hurt the other most. Then something like a demon or influence or whatever goes and violates the privacy of their minds and drags this stuff out into the open and uses it to inflict terrible wounds on the other. Then the guys have to do their best to deal with the information, the wounds it causes, and the damage done to their relationship. Other people take months and years to deal with stuff like that, but in their world, there just isn't time available. And they have to keep going. They do get things sorted out, but in the mean time... Yeah. Always yanks hard on the heartstrings.
romi.luvz.jared chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
marvellous!...loved it!

xx hugs...romi xx
reading chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
I really enjoyed this look at the boys and what they feared - Dean that somehow Sam had something evil inside him, and Sam that he would hurt Dean. Oh, boys.

And thanks for the link to the other story. I enjoyed that one, too! This was such a nice follow up for it.

Tomorrow!