Reviews for How Strange
smallrose chapter 9 . 4/15/2010
Nice story, intriguing plot. I'd love to see you continue this.
Simpering chapter 7 . 2/20/2010
Nice! This was one of my favorite books and this story does it justice- I like some of the humor and think it's pretty original! Way to go!
Charlee Rayne chapter 3 . 9/26/2009
Kind of like a foil, if he's different then Adin. But you admitted just there he WAS olive...actually, it was obvious... hm... :)
Charlee Rayne chapter 2 . 9/26/2009
I hope it's oliver. I cried, literally balled, at the end of the book.
Charlee Rayne chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
Really? I love her books and try to read as many as I could, but I haven't seen the Timothy one... How strange! I'd love to know!
TheAnonymousReviewAngel chapter 9 . 9/14/2009
TARA is very happy. She skips into the room, sits down in the magically appearing chair, and squeals. You can faintly hear some glass breaking.

Why is the lovely Tara so happy? She got a shout out from a wonderful author! Tara had completely forgotten about reviewing anonymously, for Fanfiction does not save those reviews, so she was very pleasantly surprised to find that she had been mentioned. Hence the very loud squealing.

"Don't worry," she says joyfully, "we all have our lazy days. Nobody really minds if you spell something a bit differently, and it doesn't take away from the awesomeness of the story!" Raves the slightly hyper Tara. She has the strangest urge to punctuate her writing with nothing but exclamation points!

"Oh, and it's really cool that we live in the same country too! May I ask what college you're in?" She inquires. "You don't have to tell me if you feel uncomfortable with it, and don't worry, you WILL figure out my fanfiction account username!" She plots slightly maniacly. You see, Tara is a very paranoid person, and as such does not feel like giving away her identity to the world. So, at times, she must get creative.

"I'm glad my review entertained you though!" Tara gushes. "And I find it wonderful that you would like to read my fanfictions! So. I have come up with a plan." The sparkle in her eyes is almost blinding. She loves planning and plotting, even little things such as how to help you figure out her identity, without actually telling you it.

"So..." she begins, "this is how I have decided to help you figure it out. After I send this review, I will add you to my author alert, and my author favorites list." Tara explains. "If you happen to have a bunch of people reviewing and adding you because of your amazing writing skills and the fact that you just updated, I will give you a hint just so my identity will be unmistakable." She pauses, building on the suspense.

"Are you ready for the clue?"

Deep breath.

Pause.

The opening of a crinkling envelope...

"Well," she begins, "my reviews are probably the longest and the most random." She states the obvious, or at least very probable. "So...it would make sense for my penname to be, too." And the clue is said. You can hear the audience spying on Tara through the door visibly deflate.

"You'll recognize it." She promises. Let it be known that Tara's penname is, in fact, a very long 'random' thing.

"Oh, one last question before I go!" She hollers. "What do you mean, you got out of the 'habit' of spelling it the American way?" She wonders. "Do you go to Oxford?"

And then she is gone, but a wisp in the wind, leaving only her trademark white feather behind. The people peeking through the door sigh in irritation out of their dropped jaws. HOW does she do that?

"Great chapter!" One calls out, obviously having read your update. "The thickening plot is intriuging..."

And then the room, the people, the door, and the world is gone, vanished into thin air, leaving you staring wonderingly at your computer screen. All that's left of THEIR existence is a 'new review' email in your inbox, and some strange, strange memories...

_/

\
TheAnonymousReviewAngel chapter 8 . 6/21/2009
"I LOVE your story." Says TARA, bouncing up and down excitedly.

"It's just so...awesome!" She gushes, her eyes lighting up.

"When I first came to fanfiction, there was one AWTE story, and now there are THREE!" Tara squeals and starts dancing around out of pure joy. (She sometimes gets a little too into books.)

"I also really like how you made Oliver a mystery. That was really cool.

"Oh, and no one really cares if you don't update constantly. Writers know how hard and time consuming writing is. They understand. Or at least..." She trails off, a troubled expression on her face, "I hope they do."

(You see, Tara is writing two fanfictions herself, and the last time she updated either was on Valentines day. She sincerely hopes that the readers understand a writer's peril, or else she knows her story is doomed.)

"Anyways," she says, bringing herself back to the current matter at hand,"I thought I might give you a pointer. Now, take into consideration that I live in the US, and other countries do things differently, but here we spell the word 'yea' as in slang for 'yes' Y-E-A-H. I know it's random, but that's how we technically spell it here. I just thought I'd give you a heads-up."

"So, I am going to put you on my favorites/alert list because I believe in your story, and I hope you keep at it and get lot's more reviews."

(Tara knows you are wondering why she is reviewing anonymously if she has an FF account, but also knows that the reason is long and complicated and not easily put in a review. She thinks you will be smart enough to figure out what her other psuedonym is.)

"Ta-ta for now!" Tara says chipperly, and skips off smiling.

Only a strange white feather remains in her wake, proving her existince.

_\

Pashleyy chapter 8 . 5/24/2009
This is really nifty so far! xD I'm really saddened that there aren't enough reviews for this story! Do continue! 3
moonshine86 chapter 7 . 5/10/2009
Hahaha, Can't wait for you to update the next chapter!
moonshine86 chapter 6 . 5/9/2009
Oh, I love AWTE! And i'm so happy i found your fic. This is awesome, Hope you continue with this great story soon!
Sam chapter 6 . 4/27/2009
Thanks for continuing the story! I love AWTE and recently started looking around for fics. I was happy to see that you updated. It's soft and cute, and I'm looking forward to more.

Where does Oliver stay? Was a family created for him by the Fair Folk when he became human? I can't imagine that he's just by himself.
Curlscat chapter 4 . 11/11/2008
i loved it! i think u shud update more! son!
Anidori-Kiladra chapter 3 . 11/2/2008
Perhaps it's just your style of writing, but you skip from scene to scene with very little transition, and it makes your story seem very disjointed. There are little things that some up (like Deanna not having told Adin about the summer reading) that were never explained before and just seem to come out of nowhere. It was also somewhat unsettling to see some things in Gary's point of view all of a sudden.

I also wonder why Deanna hasn't just come right out and asked Adin if he's Oliver, or more actively tried to figure it out, as this seems like something she would do.

This is an interesting concept, and I like how you're following Deanna's life after the story ends, but I feel like there needs to be more interaction between Deanna and Adin, and more information revealed about him, even if you don't reveal right away whether he is Oliver or not.

~Ani
rocktheroxie chapter 3 . 10/26/2008
omg this is really good i love it keep writing! )
Anidori-Kiladra chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
It's an intriguing concept, and I'm eager to see how you explain Oliver (if that was Oliver) showing up, and why he didn't approach Deanna at the airport. A few things were a bit vague or confusing: for instance, at first I wasn't sure that it was at the airport that the mysterious young man was looking at Deanna, and I don't think that airports lend out peoples cars to other people, but that seemed to be the case here.

~Ani