Reviews for Dark Horse
PsychoticGirl chapter 19 . 1/6
Love the ending, bitterweet and realistically so. Thank god for having no fluffiness in here for me to gag on. You showed the human side of the supers most wonderfully. Perfect!
imtherealeffindeal chapter 3 . 1/19/2013
I see that your story is taking place in Dhaka. Are you a Bangladeshi?
riparian chapter 19 . 10/5/2012
Holy smokes! I stumbled across this story and read the whole thing in one go, thoroughly enjoyed every bit. It's been years since this show has aired and years since you finished the story but I still love BMWW, so it's always a treat to find "new" fic. Loved the concept of Bruce and Diana separating for a while and then reuniting after ten years, made their tension SO good. Talia was well written. And the whole time I was just curious about what was going to happen next! Thanks for sharing this story with us. Hope you are doing well. Cheers!
Tigress2929 chapter 19 . 9/13/2012
This story was wonderful to read. I feel you did a great job with the conclusion of Bruce's and Diana's relationship and you always kept the characters in the correct "mood". Good job :)
Ni Castle chapter 19 . 7/8/2012
I have never read anything like it.
Very well written
Dunyazade chapter 19 . 6/22/2009
aww!

that was really, really nice. Lovely ending. Wonder Woman, cleared for take off. Rock on. Back with the League. cracking jokes and off to kick as$ with Shayera.

Poor Bruce, back to his old ways but that's how it has to be.

LOVED Zari's editorial. Amazing job with the whole thing, of course. I don't know what to say- I loved it. It was surprisingly satisfying, even thought it didn't really resolve things for Talia...

so, I've decided to mentally merge this story with the origin of that oh-I-just-want-to-smack-him brat, Damien! yay! although... the Talia in this story almost seems too good to be the mother of that brat. hrmm. Must come up with alternate storyline... uh... oh! I got it! Talia and Black Adam. Yes. I'm telling you, they are meant to be together! Both of them, at their lowest, loneliest points in life, can find each other and fall in love and be misunderstood villains together! AWESOME! ok, I feel better now. Talia has a bright future too. She'll get over Bruce. :)

sorry, but you KNEW I'd have to rant about Talia here! lol.

anywaay... if this is really the end of this one, what can I say? I have fond memories of reading the early chapters of this back in Qatar. And now here I am on the other side of the world- over seven thousand miles away- finally reading the last chapter. whew! Thanks for finishing it. It's been quite a trip.

Can't wait to read whatever you've got coming up next.

Until then,

Your friend,

Duny
Chaosmob chapter 19 . 6/22/2009
Wow, great story oksofia! The ending is like a new beginning for everyone. Congratulates on finishing it, I know how hard it is to get an idea on paper then finishing it.

Keep up the awesome work.

Chaosmob :)
DaisyJane chapter 19 . 6/22/2009
I am glad to see Diana back with the league and kicking but. As much as I like her with Bruce, I also like her strength and independence. What she does and what he does is more important than a romance and for some that part just never happens to work out. I suspect though if they ever need each other the other will always be there. You write Diana how she is, a strong, powerful and independent woman who can rise above personal disappointment and make a difference in the world. Great story and I hope you keep writing about WW because she is the best.
MimaEtcy chapter 19 . 6/22/2009
Wait! Is that the end? That can't be the end! There has to be more! You can't do this to me! I'm sorry for using so many exclamation marks, but this truly is disappointing to me, I was hoping for a more finalized, and slightly happier ending...although, I suppose it does fit with the rest of the story. I guess all I can do is implore you to write a little more.
Guest chapter 19 . 6/22/2009
Hey! Fantastic story, good ending, except that since Diana's heart broke, I don't see what good their 'resolution' was.. unless something happened behind the scenes. For all their years of loving each other, all they allow themselves is one night of making love? I didn't find that closure enough, but maybe that's just me :)

Besides that, amazing story! Thanks for a great read _
rachyzord chapter 18 . 6/13/2009
Aw :( Poor Diana. Great chapter!
Dunyazade chapter 18 . 6/12/2009
*explodes*

...

...

*recovers*

...well, you warned me I might not like this one. There was actually a lot that I _did_ like, so I'll go over that first.

I liked that Diana was bothered by her reluctance to kill Ra's. I also liked Zari's perspective on that issue, and that it showed how well he understands her.

I LOVED how she pulled her hand away from his and clenched it into a fist. ugh, that would be so awesome on camera!

I liked that Zari was honest with her.

And this may seem weird, but I actually liked that Diana honestly doesn't know if she'll see Bruce ever again at the end of that first scene.

I have to admit, I loved the BMWW romance in this chapter. It was just so... grown-up! And very sweet and sincere. It honestly seemed like one of those perfect, meant-to-be moments. and I loved Bruce's romantic admission that he would handle his break-up with Talia differently if not for Diana being there.

I'm glad that they love each other, I really am. I like WW's wish for Bruce and Diana to be like Batman and Wonder woman. BUT... I don't know. If all they have is "now"... I kind of want that to be enough for both of them. I hate that wondy is heartbroken at the end here, even if Bruce is heartbroken too- there has to be a better way! Agree to enjoy the "now" and then go your separate ways with your hearts intact! jeez.

Okay back up to the beginning. I hated that Diana decided to omit her feelings for Bruce when she was talking to Zari. It makes it seem like she was totally intending to keep lying to him, to keep her relationship with Zari going even though she was in love with Bruce. And that's just wrong! She should have been honest with him from the start and not had to tactfully leave certain things out of her story. But at least she finally told him the truth (after being confronted). Overall, her breakup with Zari was the most depressing thing in this chapter, and maybe in this whole story. He just... leaves. But thanks for not killing him, at least. he was cool. Maybe that was the best way to end their relationship after all, with minimal hurt feelings.

What else... really, no complaints about the romantic scene. it's beautiful. It's elegant and _true_ and it's just... THEM. I read it, and I was like, "aww, yay for them! finally!" and it was perfect for that little part.

then I got grumpy again, as we find out that Diana doesn't understand Bruce while Bruce seems to understand Diana. Not understanding someone you love has got to be the most bitterly horrible thing. Poor Diana.

Side note. it occurred to me while reading this that THE biggest turn-on in the world is probably having someone look into your eyes saying "I understand you." lol. god, imagine Bruce doing that to Diana: _I understand you_ *kiss*

lol.

Okay, so they have a romantic moment and then the man up and LEAVES her? ? ? ? Kisses her *goodbye* and everything? ? ? ? JUST LIKE THAT? ! ? ! !

GERT! GERT! GERT! code red, ladies and gentlemen, initiate checklists for DEFCON ONE- there better be a satisfying resolution in store for these characters or I SWEAR I'll put my boot up Bruce's bat-arse and write a frickin BMWW story MYSELF!

*settles down*

okay.

So, in summary: Loved bits of this. was bothered/disappointed/infuriatedbeyondallreason by other bits of this. And ultimately? I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the big conclusion. Grin.

Fantastic job.

p.s. loved Bruce's sense of entitlement here. That is SO Bruce. I just wish wondy would show that same sense of entitlement back at him!
The-Lady-Isis chapter 18 . 6/12/2009
*lip wobbles* That's so sad...beautiful, but sad, and that's a very good thing, so well done :)
Chaosmob chapter 18 . 6/12/2009
no.. don't let this be the end of such a hard fought relationship!

Great chapter.

Keep up the great work!

Chaosmob :)
DaisyJane chapter 18 . 6/12/2009
I was so happy when they got together but you broke my heart as well as Diana's when he left her. I have tears in my eyes. But I guess that is the way he wants it to be and she can at least take comfort in the fact that he loves her though that may make her feel worse. Knowing the one you love loves you back but refuses to be with you. Sigh..so is this the end or will there be more. I have loved reading this story and I will be sad to see it end.