Reviews for A Good Look in the Mirror
AbyssalDaemon chapter 1 . 1/30/2020
This is the mirrorverse I wish we could have had. It is a world where people are monstrous and savage by the choices that were made and not simply because the universe is inherently the opposite in nature to main canonverse. I feel it both makes the universe shown all the worse but at the same time hopeful because it is something that can be fixed.

I also loved how you showed Kirk's slow fall. You did an incredible job at showing how someone like canon Kirk could become someone like the captain of the I.S.S. Enterprise while intertwining TOS lore throughout the story. I especially found the part where, once Kirk and Spock admitted the truth about their situation, Kirk could not continue fully lying to himself. The transporter accident might have been the final straw but it helped the narrative that the you could see Kirk even before that point was steadily becoming ever more disgusted by the universe around him.
B chapter 1 . 2/13/2019
I like it whish they would release a five-year mission of the mirror universe a book of that magnitude would be good
cybersocks chapter 1 . 11/7/2016
Because Kirk and Spock should indeed be loyal friends, in any universe! I love the idea that, having seen a world as he wishes it could be, Imperial Kirk goes back to his own universe determined to change it. Marvelous!
WeirdLittleStories chapter 1 . 7/8/2016
Very nicely done! I like the way you wove threads from several different episodes into this, giving us a Kirk who was good underneath, in spite of what we saw in "Mirror, Mirror."

A brilliant story!
bexxe chapter 1 . 7/11/2015
Great story! I don't usually like mirror verse stories but I liked this one. Very good kirk pov.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/18/2015
Very good. I like your take on this period. Thanks.
justjoe chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
I echo all of the other positive reviews. Well written, thoughtful and insightful. This Kirk is definitely someone I would like to see in the future.
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 7/29/2013
With Spock at his side, he can do anything,
Minecraft Guardiansaiyan chapter 1 . 7/10/2013
Ana ctual happy ending! Hay!
Loves Jack chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
Really, really enjoyed your story. I loved the way you described how the young Kirk came to be how he was and you were able to still keep the "qualities" of the James T. Kirk we admire in the regular universe. Awesome.
rosebudmelissa chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
This story is tragic and beautiful. It is painful to see Kirk this way, but seems remarkably true both to his character and the Mirror Universe. It ends on a hopeful note, which is great as well. I really enjoyed that you took the time to create alternate reality versions of several episodes.
monroe-mary chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
That was a very nice story. I haven't read many that went to the trouble of creating such a detailed background for Mirror!Kirk and yours was an original and intriguing one. This was a great introspection fic, and I loved knowing what happened to Mirror!Kirk when he found himself on the bridge of "our" Enterpise and how he was "found".
graceandfire chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
This was an amazing story and does a wonderful job of showing how Kirk could turn from a decent young child to a man who can command the Enterprise in the Mirror Universe.
CEO chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
The fact that this story has only gotten 5 reviews is a sin. This story is an excellently thought out and planned story that leaves the reader with a profound sense of optimism for the future of the I.S.S. Enterprise. A very, very good story.
Rilain chapter 1 . 4/30/2006
This was good! I really enjoyed it. I haven't seen that episode in a while, so I probably missed some things, but I really like it. Happy writing!

Rilain