Reviews for Taking the Risk of Suffering
qfaceq chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
I just started reading this arc and I love it! This was so wonderful and felt true to the story! I love almost all GaryxAsh fics (can't get enough, really!) but this is really something special cos it's so close to canon! Onto the next one and keep up the great writing! :)
IRobbedRobin chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Aw, I really like this. ;

It's just like you said, it's definitely NOT like any other stories I've seen. (Actually having ash this clueless and Gary this sarcastic is really a first...)

It feels right. Like how it should end up.
Cloud Riven chapter 1 . 10/16/2009
This oneshot, as well the rest in your RaIS series, is probably one of the best interpretations of Ash/Gary I've come across. I'm glad to have been recommended to read these. As you suggested in your notes, it's far too often that writers will ease out such a confession or relationship, ignoring canon to provide a quick conclusion.

Yours was an awkward one, and I think it helped make it more believable. Humorous too:

"Ash blinked at him innocently. 'Umm...no. I thought you wanted a battle with me and Gliscore now that he's evolved.'"

It's my favourite line that one.
YumiBlossom chapter 1 . 4/15/2009
I must say that this was the best ShiShi confession i ever read, and trust me, I have read a few...

I love how you made, bluntly, Ash a completly idiot in love XD I really love that side of him. And Gary... nyaa x3

Thanks for a great story!
lifexlemons chapter 1 . 2/18/2009
I'd like to give constructive crit, but it's been so long since I've watched Pokemon, I can't think of anything to say. D: Well, I didn't notice any typos.

But I did like your story. :)) Especially the last line-that really made me laugh.
Jake chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
You did an amazing job on this! Ash and Gary seemed completly in character. I havn't seen many fics that portray them this accurately.
S.A. Tsukasa chapter 1 . 11/28/2008
This was was very natural and completely authentic.

Wow...I really can't think up a better compliment than that. I mean, you've reached authenticity. That's more than amazing.

You should be very proud of yourself and your skills as a writer.
doodlefreak chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
I don't know how to put it. How 'bout this: It. Was. PERFECT. It just felt a tad forced, but I think it helped the feeling of the fic, rather than took away from it. Things like that always do feel forced in real life, anyway.

I really liked how slow moving it was, and how you took care to slowly progress to Gary's point, rather than rushed into it to get to the 'good stuff'. And it wasn't an M rated fic, which made me smile at the cuteness ] And the ending... subtle and funny as hell.

LOVED IT! -hugs-
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
You know, I like how you portreyed Ash most of all. You gave a great reason/explication as to WHY Ash's never consedered a relationship and has never really like anyone like that.

Ash-to me-is either usually or really consentrated on his goals, dreams, journey and anything that just pops up to think about anything other than what is important at that moment.

Love how Ash just comes out and say's it to Gary like that. It makes it believable to me.
AnimeDutchess chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
*laughs* How totally cute and in-character! I just love it!
FemaleSpock chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
Aww, cute. I love how dense Ash is in this fic!
AzureZephyr chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
That was really good and seemed a lot more realistic then some other Ash/Gary fics. XD I found the part with Ash being the calm one for once funny. You made Ash seem really smart and cute.
Katie chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
Oh my gosh, I loved this! Gary's struggle for for patience with Ash was wonderfully done. It was both hilarious and sweet. I really enjoyed it.
Von chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
(Laughs out loud)

Are you kidding? My favourite fic ever!

It bugs me that gay guys get shoved into a stereotype. Sure, some of them really do think and feel like a woman, due to their internal construction, but some of them are just so over the top that its insane...

Maybe I'm just a closet romantic who feels like it means MORE if the person is still themselves in every way.. just brave enough to recognise and deal with their emotions for another person of the same gender.