Reviews for Twist of Faith
Murazor chapter 1 . 3/30/2011
For an AU, this first part in your trilogy sticks a little too close to canon for comfort. That said, the strong characterization and good writing make it a thoroughly enjoyable read.

It certainly has captured enough of my interest to make me read the other two fics in this trilogy.
anon chapter 7 . 1/21/2010
Francie's good. Baby Jack in a little Armani suit. Who's a little cutie? You're a little cutie. Yes you are.
Leia Naberrie chapter 20 . 4/15/2009
I rediscovered Alias a couple of months ago and re-watched the whole show. When they aired here the first time I didn't get to see most of the first and fourth season, so watching it again helped me connecting the dots and made me even a bigger fan than I was before. The things I like the most about the show was the relationship between the Bristow family members, especially the Sidney/Jack relationship, which in my opinion is due to Victor Garber's perfect performance. However, I was quite disappointed with most of the 5th season, as it wasn't nearly as good as the previous ones and, to tell the truth, I think only the first and second seasons are really state of the art material. After I finished seeing it, there was this gaping hole in my chest, as there always is when you finish up a good book or when a good TV series comes to an end, and I started to look for a good fanfiction to read. I couldn't find any at first, really worth reading, anyway, but then I came across this story and I was delighted byt it. You rewrote the series, but in a way that made it even better. You kept the plot, the characters, but made it in a way that JJ wasn't able to. And what I enjoyed even more was that you were able to give your insights about the characters, which the TV show doesn't provide us and we can only guess and I just loved it! Especially the way you understood Sloane and Jack Bristow so well.

I seldom review fanfics, because I'm too lazy to do so, sorry, but your story certainly deserved a post. And sorry for writing so much! I'm going to read "Twist of the Knife" now! See ya!
wildcard47 chapter 20 . 3/29/2009
Oh, my God.

I'm just...floored. I'm absolutely floored by this fic. It's just brilliant. You captured each character so skillfully and hooked me from minute one. The entire ensemble felt seamless! (And as a Jack/Irina shipper, I was thrilled to see how well you'd written their dynamic, not just in this particular AU context but especially through their mission together. Augh!)

You are fantastic. I hope you write more long fics, and I'm now off to read some of your one-shots. :D
Aliasscape chapter 20 . 10/12/2008
I love the way you put us so deeply in the character's heads that their thoughts are just entertaining as the dialogue. It was a wonderfully fascinating universe you (re)created. So if there's more I look forward to it and if not, then I've very much enjoyed this trip through it. Thanks for taking an interest in my work as well.
Aliasscape chapter 19 . 10/12/2008
I love Weiss. I love his thoughts, dialogue and mannerisms. You've been very good at capturing all the characters that way and the Irina/Jack interactions have been especially rewarding to watch. Oh and I applaud for writing such a long detailed mission. I know those aren't easy. Nice work!
volando voy chapter 20 . 10/11/2008
Thank you for writing this! It was really great; it was amazing how well you wove the plot of the show into your own storyline and still kept all the characters fully in context. Definitely just became one of my new favorites.
Aliasscape chapter 18 . 10/10/2008
I love whenever Jack has to work with Irina and their interactions here were great. I like how she's immediately focused once she knows Sydney's sick. And it's nice to see Dixon softening towards Sydney in a different way, for a different reason.
Aliasscape chapter 17 . 10/9/2008
O nice twist having Sydney be the one infected. She always was a bit too invincible. I'm totally with Jack on the one hand that Arvin in and Emily out will never work for them. As long as she's out there for him to fight his way to be reunited with her properly, he'll do anything. Betraying Arvin Sloane will only haunt them for all eternity.
Aliasscape chapter 16 . 10/7/2008
I'm still catching up. Wonderful developments of this chapter. I'm really glad Sloane stepped up to make sure as few people would be hurt as possible, even if Sydney's a bit bitter about the way he went about it.
Violaswamp chapter 20 . 10/5/2008
A very interesting AU! Alias is rich with opportunities for the fic-writer to take with AUs, and this is a particularly good one. It's fascinating to see the different direction Arvin could go in. And Jack, and Will, and Irina, and Syd, but especially Arvin Sloane. Very well put together, and I hope to see the sequel soon.
Janice Schnell chapter 20 . 10/4/2008
Very well done. I look forward to reading more of your writing.
Aliasscape chapter 15 . 10/2/2008
Oh I'm totally grinning now! I love the exchange between Sydney and Sloane at the end, because it's just so "them" and the way Sydney always goes off on him and he just seems only more and more amused by it! And then he rattles her by being so cordial. Great chapter!
Aliasscape chapter 14 . 10/2/2008
I'm really enjoying all the elements you've managed to work in with a retelling. It's familiar but not repetitive. I'm catching up at the moment as stopped sending me update notices for 4 days and then suddenly sent them all at once. Anyway, I love having Kendall. He was a part of S2 I especially missed once he was gone and your characterization of the way he views things (especially Sydney) is fantastic.
Yahtzee chapter 17 . 10/1/2008
Oh, I suspected Sydney would get sick this go-round! Very good chapter, especially Jack's reasoning re: Sloane and poor Emily, still living in Denialville.
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »