Reviews for Moments of Panic
ElvishKiwis Venerated Ancestor chapter 1 . 1/25/2020
Hi Boz,
It's lovely to see that you have written some more of poor Halbarad's story. What a ribbing he seems to get from nearly EVERYONE!
I have the last two of my 8 children at the stage where they can handle the world of JRRT's genius without nightmares and I told them that they should learn about it first through Penny's perspective.
I think the humor you insert in "Don't Panic" makes it less dark and frightening (plus I really wanted to justify reading them again!)
Unfortunately, as I have already reviewed all your original posts, I cannot do it again, but my 15yo is currently beginning to read "Don't Panic" too as 'Elvishkiwi's favorite sister' and I am telling her it is her God-given duty to "treat others as she would like to be treated" ie review every chapter before reading the next one.
Sorry, this is more of a review for "Don't Panic" than "Moments of Panic" but I have forgotten how to do private messages.
Love from EVA
laelruin chapter 1 . 11/28/2018
LOL! Prophetic indeed! XD
Nymueh chapter 1 . 10/31/2017
Hello!
I am a french reader and I read all the adventures of Penny with great delight! It is the first fanfiction I've read in english and if at first I was a little scared that the barrier of language would be too difficult to overcome, I quickly landed on middle earth with penny, laughed and cried with her (as well as calling her an ass for realising so late her love for Habarad. Really at some point when still nothing was appearing I started to ask myself if it was just me who wanted to see love everywhere. I started to think that there were only good friends until that fatefull river day... Then I called Penny AND Halladan triples asses.). I want to thank you for this wonderful story which allowed dreams and hopes to stick around even though life didn't smile everyday. I am pretty sad to see that the last short story you wrote was in 2008, and I guess that as many other's messages, mine will not be read. But I still had to put something, send a message in a bottle, thrown into the see. Because your words really touched me, and this story is for me the best fanfiction I've ever read, or at least in this fandom.
It really followed me, for exemple even while reading Jane Eyre for the university, I was seing Penny in this girl mistreated by her horrible cousin (just like Penny's brother), who doesn't think herself worthy enought for love, doesn't believe in happiness. And she finaly marries the one she loves, in a small ceremony, when they finally become equal. as the man looses his land, sight and hand in a fire, he becomes aware of what counts more (her love), though he will grieve his health and regret his past errors. She gains a place in this society by finding a family and inheriting money (as penny finds a kind of family with the dunedans and a rank in society with the friendship of the king and queen, and respected wizard elves (but then, what elf is not respected?).
I really enjoyed your story and I really hope you'll publish more, so we can know about Penny's live with the Dunedans, and other stories of past ann future in middle earth and beyond. The end seems a little bitter-sweet, we have exemples of the hard times they had (and I really like this part, no "happily ever afte" marshmalow end), but there is not really any hints of good times, even though people as wise as Galadriel and Mithrandir were verry clear about the fact that their relationship was meant to be. So all of this to say for me the end feels a little sad and melancolic, and has a taste of something unfinish. Well exept the last part which links all of it to the begining of the story, which for me is a masterpiece of surprise and poetic idea, even if it is not the first time that time travel has been treated like that (though I didn't expect that of a fanfiction, it remembered me a little of the movie "predestination").
Well if there is a sentence to sum up what I wanted to say: thank you from all my heart, you really wrote something which I found wonderful, touching and hilarious (I've really laugh for like 10 minuts at times). It even made me want to translate this to french, even though I've never tried that, just so other french readers with too little understanding of english could enjoy this as much as I did. But that's just an idea, if I ever decide to do it, I'll try to contact you by any means to ask you first!
Thanks again for your wrighting, and I hope your desapearance from just meant that IRL has been taking your time, attention and gave you enough happiness to take your mind off fanfictions ;-)
codename00guest chapter 1 . 10/18/2017
'It's not ALWAYS you, it's just MOSTLY you' x3
Montara chapter 1 . 2/4/2016
"Oh, how prophetic those words were to become." - indeed :)

Loved it! Thank you!
My Lady Lavender chapter 1 . 1/19/2016
I LOVED your "Penny Panics" series and I LOVED this oneshot! Thank you for writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/10/2015
Please, come back.
Pineapple3000 chapter 1 . 11/20/2015
Oooooh I like this!
jully123 chapter 1 . 10/6/2015
Your next one should be Penny embarrassingly singing the alphabet song or other nursery rhymes to Erestor, to help him learn English. And then being mortified to hear them sung by other elves because like most songs for learning they get stuck in your head and you don't even notice you are singing them sometimes. So they are heard by others. This just seems like it would be hilarious.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/30/2015
Like many here I've been re-reading this series for at least the second time recently! It is still absolutely wonderful. I'm desperate to read about Penny and the pile of geese!
Doranwen chapter 1 . 4/17/2015
*snort* Prophetic indeed.

I hope you'll write more of these! The summary uses all these lovely plural words yet this is a singular vignette, so I'm hopeful that at some point you will be inspired to dash off another small addition to the Panicverse.
TMI Fairy chapter 1 . 1/24/2015
Cute.
Borys
Guest chapter 1 . 1/16/2015
Awesome! Update please? I love your Don't Panic series and would love to read more
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 11/1/2014
Great story.
Lady Caranwen chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
Lol, only Halbarad...

Reading this series for the third or fourth time (I lost track) and it is as wonderful as I remember it. This time I found myself singing 'I'm my own grandpa' as I reached the end of Okay, NOW Panic! I always am right there with Penny, feeling her pain, laughing at Lindir, falling in love with Halladan. I suspect I will be reading this story many times in the future. You definitely achieved what you set out to do. It is one of the few realistic 'girl falls into Middle Earth' stories that I have come across, I might even say the most realistic.
Thank you, and keep writing.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »