Reviews for The Swan Song
owlhero chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Wow, first of all.

I have to say I think you nailed Vader's/Anakin's thoughts during the scenes on the head. Especially when he comtemplating what to do when the emperor is torturing Luke.

The confusion, the questioning, so good.

The flashbacks made the journey complete. Showing how a boy with great promise can fall into darkness and become manipulated into something his younger self would hate.

The emotions in each part were very well developed even complicated which emotions usually are.

The way you split the rememberances into sections with each focusing on a specific person was ingenious. They allowed the reader's attention to focus on that one specific relation at the time.

I love the fact each scene completely constracts the boy Anakin was and what Vader has become by the end.

Since each person filled a role in Ani's life. That even made Anakin's life even more tragic because he was left with nothing to hold onto besides his fears and his thirst for power by the time he became Vader.

Come to think of it, at first I alomst forgot Qui-Gon could fill the fatherly role in the boy's life. How stupid am I?

As for the scene after his death. I find it fulfilling and a little weird that he would be forgiven so easily after what he had done. But at the same time, I was happy that after his scared and tormented lifetime he finally found peace.
Ellivia22 chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
That was so beautiful! That is my most favorite part of ROTJ, and you wrote it very well. I loved it when Anakin saw everyone again, especially Padme. You did a fantastic job! Ellivia22
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
A great story. Very good.
jdogno1 chapter 1 . 12/16/2008
Just a few small things: first of of all, when you talk about Vader realising that Sidious would replace him (third paragraph, last sentense), you ended of with "ever since, he found about Luke." Doesn't it sound better to say "he found out about Luke." When you say about Vader loosing his hand for the third time, wasn't it the fourth time. The first was with Dooku, the second was after Mustafar, the third was after returning to Coruscant to report to Sidious about the events that happened since the first Death Star was destroyed and then on the second Death Star. Then when you talk about how Vader once summoned Sith Lightning using the Kaiburr Crystal, when was that? When Anakin hears "the voice", is it his conscience, Padme or a bit of both? In that paragraph, at the last sentence: "A son that need his help to survive and not only that , a son that had just awakened a side of him that had been dormant for so long." the "need" needs an s. Then when he is thinking about his mother, you said "Anakin would always be complelte as long as her mother had faith in him, as long as he felt her love." Shouldn't he her be a his? Then when Anakin is remembering that time with padme before things went wrong, the final sentence, the her needs an s for the fact that you are saying that the eyes belong to her. A few things about when Anakin is meeting his loved ones in the afterlife, first of all when Yoda talks about him being the only one to turn his back on the dark side, that's not true there were other Jedi to do that. I understand though if it is simply an expression for narrative purposes but I still felt the need to point that out. Then you when Anakin is going to to greet Padme, you said "Slowly, Anakin stepped away from Qui-Gon and his mother and passed by Obi-Wan who gave him pat in his shoulder." Shouldn't it be "Obi-Wan who gave him a pat on his shoulder."? Then finally when Padme says "I'll wait you forever if I must...", shouldn't there be a for between the you and forever. Other than that, good one shot story. Sorry, if I seem to criticise everything, I actually do think your work i great, I just feel that I should point out flaws that could be corrected, all to make the story better.
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
very good
Phillip Clark chapter 1 . 11/21/2008
I thought I'd already sent a review to this when I first read it...ah well, better late than never...

This story was amazing! Possibly as good as any of the YouTube versions that I've seen of Anakin's redemption to the Light Side. Only problem I had was when Anakin was in the Void, though I think that was only because Yoda wasn't speaking the way he does in the movies.

Well, with the contest results being posted tomorrow, I'm looking forward to seeing whose OCs you'll be using for Books 2 and 3 of the Fantasmic Saga (crosses fingers in preparation).
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
Nice. Catch ya on the flip side.
I love dance chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Gorgeous! A beautiful look at Anakin's return to the light. Well done! :)
RoyalKnightX chapter 1 . 9/15/2008
That was excellent bro! Sure, it helps that The Force Unleashed comes out tomorrow so I'm getting into a bit of a Star Wars mood, but still!

A great way to look at Anakin's point of view during the whole ending of Episode 6. You have to wonder what exactly goes through his head then, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is exactly what he thought. His questioning of the Emperor, memories and meetings with those he loved, and final conversation with Luke were all great! Great job!