Reviews for Extreme Ways
cooooooooooool story chapter 3 . 9/23/2009
col story love ie love it love it love it
eoraptor chapter 3 . 3/30/2009
Well, minor historic quibbles; I doubt the Go kiddies would have been so obsessed with communism in 1986, though perhaps their parents were. Having grown up at the same time and also in the midwest, it barely registered on my radar with the burgeoning age of computers and robots, the farm crisis, the newly expanded drug war, etc... Also the shuttle was hardly new in 1986, it had been built in the late seventies, and flying routinely since 81, right up to the challenger in 86.

Anyways, Storywise, is excellent still, am glad you updated, though it took me a bit to catch back up to what the story was about and where the characters were located. looking forward to more.
RonHeartbreaker chapter 2 . 9/28/2008
Another good chapter.

I'm also a huge fan of Binkmeister; his Kim Eternal is, I think, one of the best stories on the site. So imagine my surprise and delight when, inspired by your story, I checked on his long-defunct ff page and found... he has started to update Ron Everlasting after 2 1/2 years! I'm so pumped! So thanks for giving me the impetus...

Back to the review of your story: this tale is definitely deserving of more than 3 reviews. Evocative, dramatic, descriptive. I'm a little skeptical, however, that Shego would agree to share a room with Sheldon so readily - if he were a hottie and a match for her, maybe; but for a geeky guy like him - I don't see the logic. Nor do I see why she'd want to "come out" to him as Shego. I guess she's still young and big-heady.

I don't suppose Sheldon Smith is a pseudonym for a certain soon-to-be-blue-skinned doctor?
eoraptor chapter 2 . 9/21/2008
An interesting continuation to the first chapter... not the chronological direction I expected, but it seems to work well here. You've certainly made Shego a few years older than I generally see her portrayed. Am curious where the rest of this will go, will have to go read the other story in this continuum
eoraptor chapter 1 . 9/21/2008
First chapter down... having not read the other stories in this continuum, I can't say how accurate or in character it is, but it reads well enough like a spy thriller.

One quibble; The opening paragraphs read more like a biology text than anything sexual. I applaud your avoidance of four letter words, as well as Shego's creative use of her powers, but sometimes you just got to call a spade a spade.
RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
I heartily agree with your M rating - for sex and violence and adult themes otherwise, a "high T" seems, to me, woefully insufficient. But then again, perhaps I'm old-fashioned.

Gripping start to what promises to be a good, dark story. The descriptive passages are great and you really paint a believable picture of what kind of hired killer Shego might make - ruthlessly efficient but surprisingly vulnerable to the emotional churn.

One question: I know nothing about guns - how can a person credibly shoot themselves 10 times while committing suicide?

Looking forward to the next chapter.