Reviews for 3942
TemhotaTech chapter 45 . 7/14/2009
Well I hope you continue soon.

This is a really great story!

I can't wait for the newest chapter.

Sorry for saying it sucked. Didn't think you take it too well.

I got split personalities, sorry.

Tell Nukes, I felt betrayed thats all.

If someone just keeps showing anger, they will only die in anger.

Gotta stop this. Most of the stuff I said on the forums was with sadness, and depression.

Good night.
Amber Pegasus chapter 46 . 6/9/2009
Don't worry I'll be waiting.
JeanKazuhiza chapter 46 . 6/8/2009
Oh, i'm sorry, but i understand that...

It's alright
Nukid chapter 46 . 6/8/2009
Don't worry about it. If a first you don't succeed, try try again! I'm sure you'll pull something even greater next time!

Keep on kicking ass for a long time

Nukid
Hurricane's Quill chapter 46 . 6/8/2009
As Godot would no doubt say, "Chuck out a bad cup of coffee. You can always get a new one."

Don't let it get you down. I think with this story you've opened up a new gateway for fics like 3942 in the future. Give me time and I might be able to try something like this on my own.

Keep on rockin', friend.

-HQ
Evil Riggs chapter 46 . 6/8/2009
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised - the story has definitely lost a lot of steam in the last couple of chapters. It can't have helped that some asshole kept yelling at you from the sidelines. *Cough*

I've always thought the concept had a lot of potential, so I welcome a new approach to it. Good luck as it takes shape.
w.i.t.c.h fan in ut chapter 46 . 6/8/2009
It's cool Ryo! I understand the reasons and I'm sure I'm not the only one. That new story should be pretty interesting. :)I'll talk to you soon my friend!
JeanKazuhiza chapter 45 . 5/17/2009
We'll we win!

It's time to destroy the tyranny, and bring back democracy!

Update Soon!
Nukid chapter 45 . 5/16/2009
Awesome. Cool to see me and Jean in this! Now its time to kick some Faction ass!

Keep on kicking ass

Nukid
w.i.t.c.h fan in ut chapter 45 . 5/16/2009
Hehehehe! Sorry, but I can't help but giggle. The part where Lenalee was giving the speech (which I know was from Avatar ;)) made me laugh. That was always a great scene. Update soon so I can see the action!
Amber Pegasus chapter 45 . 5/15/2009
There's action in this chapter and I'll be looking forward to it.
Evil Riggs chapter 45 . 5/15/2009
Good detail is the heart of many stories. One of the more frustrating things about "3942" is that it has the potential for some amazing details and descriptions, and yet you never really give me any. Here we have a prime example: The protagonists have landed on Guam, and I as a reader see absolutely none of it. All I know about the place is that there is a beach, and that it's foggy. Other than that, the protagonists might as well have put their boats up on the edge of an endless, empty field of white.

When you introduce a new setting, character, object, or image, be sure to consider it in full. You don't have to describe it all at once, but ask yourself questions about it. What does Guam look like? What smells and sounds are in the air? How is Guam different almost two-thousand years in the future? How is it the same? Et cetera.

I know you have the capacity for visual detail because you sometimes overwhelm me with it. Whenever you stop to describe a character's outfit down to the belt buckle, it's actually kind of a welcome intrusion of color and texture into what is often a fairly generic world. I still think you can spread such clothing descriptions out and not hit me with them all at once. Still, you *do* know how to describe things in detail. You just need to apply that more widely and with more strategy.

As ever, certain developments really hurt my suspension of disbelief. The main group of heroes reaches Guam in three or four days by my reckoning . . . by rowboat. I ran a quick check of how fast they would have to go to achieve that, and it's not pretty. I assumed that they were traveling by archaic methods to slip under the Faction's warning systems, but then the Brits show up in huge flying troop transports. Whatever part of the island they're landing on, the Faction apparently doesn’t care much about it.

This brings me back to the question of whether the Faction is at all a credible threat. Forty-five chapters into this story, and I’ve yet to believe that they’re actually dangerous. So far, they’ve been characterized as bumbling doofuses who can’t shoot straight, employ poor judgment, and have a habit of letting their enemies slip between their fingers. Only The Brute has ever seemed like a threat, but even he seems to catch the Stupid Villain Virus if the plot calls for it.

I’m going to guess that you only have a few more chapters to rectify this. C’mon. Give me some villains that actually seem, y’know, *effective*. You keep telling me that these guys have conquered most of the world, and I keep thinking, “No, I don’t believe you.”

I hope that you don’t follow Avatar’s invasion plot, as you seem to be setting up. Original content: Good. Recycled content: Bad.

CONTEXTUALLY IMPORTANT RECCOMENDATION:

“Green Lantern – The Sinestro Corps War”

I’ve mentioned Green Lantern here and there, as it has some interesting parallels to how you’re portraying the Templars. The recent “Sinestro Corps War” storyline is an good place to jump into the story, as it’s also a good example of how to handle a big, super-powered conflict. The villains are detailed and frightening, the heroes are compelling, and the action is smooth and relentless. It’s a master-class on how to do a Big Comic Book Event so that it all comes together in a way that’s ultimately satisfying.
MistressofDawn1990 chapter 45 . 5/15/2009
Nice chapter! Update soon!

God Bless!
Evil Riggs chapter 44 . 5/11/2009
As the chapter title suggests, there's not a whole lot of new material here. It feels like you're taking a moment to stretch your legs before the final run on this thing. I kind of hope that it *isn't* the final run, since it would be lovely to see you throw some twists in between here and the ending. However, whenever your heroes have set out to accomplish something in this story, they have accomplished it. I don't see failure entering their lives any time soon.

I'll shut up and watch as the coming invasion unfolds. I'm curious. Ever curious.

[The protagonists are still traveling in rowboats, which strikes me as almost surreally absurd.]
MistressofDawn1990 chapter 44 . 5/10/2009
Short, but good. :) Although, it sounded like the ep. where Aang was nervous about the invasion. Oh well. Update soon!

God Bless!