Reviews for Irritable Grizzly Adams
BookishQua chapter 5 . 10/5/2008
This is an interesting take on the story. I find it interesting to see Bella fragile yet angry and independent. Keep writing! Can't wait to see her let Edward have it. :)
Darkchyld1980 chapter 6 . 10/5/2008
This is a fantastic story. I LOVE the details. You have an incredible gift for details. Please, post more!
JMaire chapter 6 . 10/5/2008
I don't know why it's quiet! I've told people about this fic.

Ah-HA! I knew it! The philanthropists are the Cullens!

Well, I'm not surprised that Charlie would put ALL the blame on Edward. According to his mind, he's a great dad, and all Bella needed was a new man. A nice local boy who would fix her up (and knock her up?) so he could go back to watching TV.

Ah! Angsty, guilt-ridden Edward. Finally realizing just how badly you screwed up.

I do hope Victoria's dead. I hate fics where Edward just goes off and doesn't even TRY to find her to protect Bella.

Well, I have faith this is not one of those fics where Bella just rushes into his arms the minute he sees her. Or Alice's for that matter.
JMaire chapter 2 . 10/1/2008
I like THIS Jake. I can't wait until he meets Edward. It should be interesting, to see Edward trying to talk to Bella with a 200 pound wolf-dog guarding her.

"In that respect, she supposed he was most like his human counterpart: cocky, self-assured, and excessively impulsive. Not to mention excessively hairy and completely food driven."

Not to mention; he's probably smarter than the human Jake.
Heattherrx21 chapter 5 . 10/1/2008
This seems like a really good story, please update soon!

Haha, I love Jake, he sounds fun to be with really.
dinogrrl1 chapter 5 . 10/1/2008
Can't explain the crickets...

I have sung this story's praises already but will

continue to do so.

Love the characterizations.

Especially Reyerson's views on Bella.
JMaire chapter 5 . 9/30/2008
Validation? How about blind hero-worship? If I wasn't taken, I would have your babies. Ok?

"It was so different from what she was used to. Before, in her experiences living with either Charlie or Renee, she assumed the role of helper because it seemed to secure her place in her relationship with them. The idea that her parents depended upon her, for food or advice, made Bella feel that she was necessary, that she needed to be kept, and that she wasn’t just the inconvenient byproduct of something they both regretted."

Yep, you've got Bella's need to caretake down pat.

Who are these "investors" in... Alaska?

I hope Bella gives Edward and the rest of them he!. They do deserve it. They need to get slapped down.
dinogrrl1 chapter 4 . 9/27/2008
Like this a lot and can't wait to read more.

I like this version of independant Bella.
Purple.Is.Hot chapter 4 . 9/26/2008
i really think this is an interesting plot line and would love to see u develop it more! update soon!
JMaire chapter 3 . 9/26/2008
LOL! Jacob is an egotistical little bugger; isn't he?

"Clearly, not the response he was hoping for. In his mind, Bella should have been putting on a white dress and riding off into the sunset with him – but crying? He was baffled. Was he disgusting? He didn’t think so – she seemed like she liked him. This was mortifying: girls weren’t supposed to cry when boys kissed them. They were supposed to squeal with delight and let the kisser stick their hands up their shirts."

Typical male. "Your heart is broken? All you need is my magic penis to make you feel better!"

News flash, Jake - she thougt you were her FRIEND.

More, more! Soon!
JMaire chapter 4 . 9/26/2008
I love this story! It's so nice to see Bella NOT falling for Jake's "I will love you into happiness; why aren't you happy yet, you ungrateful brat?" crap.

And showing Charlie as the emotionally neglectful jerk he is.

"At first, Bella had told herself that it hurt too much to remain in contact with the life she had tried to leave behind, but as time went on, she began to realize the truth of her deliberate separation: she was angry; angry at the father who stood by as she fell apart, who could not forgive her for her grief, who persisted in thrusting her at the local boys, like a prize lamb going for auction"

Damn. That's good.

"angry at the mother who had let her go so easily, who thought nothing of leaving her, as she often had, even when Bella was a young girl, while she gallivanted around the country with younger men, chasing after her fading youth."

Renee may not be that bad; but this paragraph is so good!

"But eventually Bella began to realize that there was just something inherently wrong with the way she had been raised, and that remaining in contact with her parents was part of the reason why she still hurt."

And I loved the bit about Edward's defection destroying her (already low) self-esteem. He was an idiot; but his own self-esteem is so low, and he adores her so much, he doesn't see it. Dummy.

Please tell me, is this an E/B?
5,186 | « Prev Page 1 .. 336 343 344 345 346