Reviews for Four Good Men
bekaz13 chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
I love it. I think you captured their voices perfectly, especially Edward's and Dan's, which just about made me cry. I also like that you added Marian and Much. I think Robin found it harder to ignore Marian's opinions than Edward's, and it makes sense that Much would sympathize with the boys because of his life as a servant.

Well done!
JealousOfTheMoon chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
I like this. It tickled my prosaic-trickery nerve very well... I loved the way the "four good men" that died were literally Benedict, Will, Luke, and Allan, but it's from the perspective of four good but (in spirit) dead men: Robin, Much, Dan, and Edward (no slight to Marian...I'm sure she's dead too, though she is female ;). Anyway, I thought that was cool... it might have been a little more obviously cool if you'd left out Marian's POV (no slight to Marian again! but it might have driven the question "who's really dead here?" a little harder...then again, maybe that's not the question you were driving and I'm over-reading into things.)

Well, whether you meant it or not, it was heartbreakingly delightful and very clever, too. Often wondered about that "what if?" question myself. Ahh, angst...
Tigger101 chapter 1 . 9/16/2008
It was definitely an interesting look at the possibility, though probably not one I would have taken.

I think my problem with this is the assumption that

a)if Robin held his temper then, he would have continued to hold it - and thus he would have been able to defeat the Sherriff using political tactics

b) that Marian and Edward and Much would actually CARE that much if, as they said in that first episode, it was a sacrifice that was worth making.

That said, however, it was a really good piece - I thought Robin's and Much's and Dan's in particular, were well thought out and well written. :P