Reviews for When We Drove All Night
Raven Jadewolfe chapter 4 . 6/22/2009
I feel so sorry for edward
Raven Jadewolfe chapter 3 . 6/22/2009
damn Bella's a bitch
Raven Jadewolfe chapter 2 . 6/22/2009
excellent once again
Raven Jadewolfe chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
Wow. All I can say.
Sahar1125 chapter 10 . 6/21/2009
honestly i wasnt feeling this story until this last chapter put it all together and now i freeking love it!

abbie4986 chapter 10 . 6/19/2009
Omgosh, okay, happy ending.

I can breathe now.
abbie4986 chapter 8 . 6/18/2009
Ahh, I really like this story.

But I'm scared to finish it. I hope it has a happy ending.
sweetmama77 chapter 10 . 6/14/2009
I see that you got to know Bella very well, so well that you were able to write this last chapter in her voice. Nicely done.

It was very interesting to hear Bella's point of view. I was amazed by how perceptive she had always been. Imagine her realizing that Edward was looking at her with "loathing and love"! Yet she was unable to leave him all the way, because he was the only one she had ever wanted by her side. How fitting that that's exactly where he ended up!

I enjoyed reading this story immensely, Smellyia. Your writing flowed so well and your reflections were so insightful that you kept me riveted throughout. Thank you. :)
sweetmama77 chapter 9 . 6/14/2009
I wonder why you said in your A/N that you thought people might hate you after this chapter. I loved it, right from that opening line, "It was painfully bright and optimistic." PAINFULLY bright and optimistic. So few words to convey so much.

I loved the whole examination of truth and its subjectivity. Seeing something from another's perspective is, in a sense, letting your truths be lies, and their lies be truths.

But what I loved best of all was Edward's thought at the end: "I imagined letting her be her." Yes, a lovely thought indeed. Truly, what greater gift can you give someone than that?
sweetmama77 chapter 8 . 6/14/2009
Something clicked into place for me when I read in your A/N that you'd had a hard time finding Bella. Me, too. I've found her to be such an enigma in this story, so difficult to get to know that I couldn't even have told you whether I sympathized with her, or despised her.

I just didn't get that I was seeing her only through Edward's eyes, through his skewed perspective. And, of course, perspective is EVERYTHING.

Edward's emotional honesty was crucial in this chapter. Finally he was able to see that he had a hold on Bella, too, and that his was cold, cruel and stifling. All I could think of was that old adage: "The truth will set you free." But, as he put it, "the denial [he] had coddled for so long was still strong." What powerful imagery that is! I wonder just how many of us go through life coddling our denial, without even realizing it?

Although there is still a great deal of ambivalence between them, and within themselves, I was relieved to see them attain a measure of peace, "painfully real, not pretend."
sweetmama77 chapter 7 . 6/14/2009
Learning the dance of domination and simultaneous surrender... They're getting there!
sweetmama77 chapter 6 . 6/14/2009
sweetmama77 chapter 5 . 6/14/2009
Nice wake up call from Emmett!
sweetmama77 chapter 4 . 6/14/2009

"Repercussions will not be denied."

Truer words have never been spoken. What a shame that the only school that teaches them is the school of life.

"My defining moment... was cement... to keep me poised on her periphery."

You cannot run away from yourself.

"The anger was fading again, leaving a weariness in me that was consuming."

Edward, Edward... you're breaking my heart...
sweetmama77 chapter 3 . 6/14/2009
What a complex relationship they have. You've written it so well that the intensity and hostility is making me squirm just reading it. Good job!
536 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »