Reviews for Nana's Tree
JG chapter 1 . 6/6/2018
Soooo sweet! :)
Starlight and Moonlight chapter 1 . 3/5/2018
This story makes me feel sad. It was very well written. Great job!
PokemonTrainer12 chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
Aww...you wrote such a sweet story! :')
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
I like this story. I like how you have Legolas and Thranduil plant the tree that Legolas's mother was going to plant and that the tree reminded Legolas about his mother. I like the idea of him and the tree growing up together.
BakerStreetIsLastRefugeOfHope chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
A great story. Very well written.
Harriet Usher chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
(tears trickling down cheeks, sniffs) D'aw...

(grabs baby-Legolas in a bone cracking hug)

(Well, no. Not really. Because Thranduil might kill her for hurting him. And Miss. Usher *likes* life, oh yes she does...)

A very sweet little story. Although because I'm in my perverted state of mind, the line about a tree getting to know an elf intimately threatened to crack my face into a smirk. I hate this state of mind, it's terribly immature.

(thoughtful) I should see if there's any fanfics about Legolas' mother, she's always dead in the ones I read...
RiverOtter1 chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
Hello!

I just loved this story! So sad, yet so hopeful and fulfilling! I wrote one kind of like this, but not really. Yours beats mine by a lot! I haven't gotten it posted yet, because I'm a really new member, and I have to wait two days before I can post anything. But enough about me. I loved this! It's cute and sad, but really powerful.

Keep up the lovely work!

-RiverOtter1
Pammie312 chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
I've often been curious of "Legolas: The Early Years" LOL.

This was a very moving story, giving us a glimpse of the young elf dealing with a heartbreak that he is too young to grasp the full meaning of. His father handled him just right; a mix of compassion for the grief and guidance for the coming days with their sense of loss ebbing and flowing. The tree was a perfect distraction and gave young Legolas purpose-and a shred of hope that somehow his mother would be watching, waiting and approving.

I liked how you peeked in on the different stages of the elm tree's maturity, and how the it represented the same sort of growth in Legolas-you wrote it just the opposite, but to me the elf and the tree came to fruition together.

The story ended exactly as it should have-father and son sharing a tender moment of bonding and remembrance.

Thanks for a bit of insight into what formed the elf we came to know as a fierce warrior and fiercer friend, born of the tenderness shown him as he grew up.
LovewithWars chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
aw, that was a nice one story ) good job whitewolf.
Martiny the one and only still chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
AW That is so cute! I want another, say a sequel?
Ravenswing14337 chapter 1 . 10/9/2008
I loved this story. I found myself at the end sitting with tears in my eyes...quite choked up. Poignant, sensitive and quite beautiful in its simplicity. Bravo.
Yellow-Fluffy-Monster chapter 1 . 10/8/2008
Such a sweet little one-shot :) Love it
Aranna Undomiel chapter 1 . 10/6/2008
Ahw, this was so sad and so sweet. Really touching story, loved reading it :)
Silivren Tinu chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
I love how you describe Legolas as an elfling. You make me want to hug him. *g* I don't think I need to mention that I love your Thranduil - we really see him the same way. ;-)

/“If she needed to wait for something, could she not have waited here with us?”/ That was so sweet. Poor Thranduil, it's hard to counter a child's logic. Thranduil really did a great job of explaining to Legolas why his Nana wasn't going to come back - and of distracting him from the topic before the elfling could get any dangerous ideas (my Thranduil should have done the saem, then he wouldn't have been forced to climb around in tall trees during storms, lol!).

The elm tree was a wonderful idea, just something a wood-elf like Legolas' mother would plan. Father and son must have looked so sweet "covered in fresh dirt and water stains" after planting the tree. :D

/“How long will it take to get big like the other trees? I want to climb it before I get old like you.”/ LOL! Patience is certainly not one of Legolas' virtues.

I like that Legolas was able to tell the tree about everything that happened in his life. His mother had left him a wonderful legacy there, as if a part of her was still around and could be talked to.

/It was only the first of many times that father and son would spend in the welcoming embrace of Nana's Tree./ This was such a beautiful ending! It was perfectly fitting that father and sun would climb the tree together, and that Legolas didn't want to climb the tree before. Legolas' mother meant so much to both of them, it is just natural that they would spend time in the branches of her tree together. :)

This was a beautiful and touching story and to tell you the truth, I have no idea why it didn't place among the winners. I certainly loved it. ;-)
Amiable Loner chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
That was so incredibly sweet and wonderful! I love it! You wrote it so well, I got choked up. I can relate to this too, I lost my mother when I was four, you did an amazing job of portraying Legolas' grief and the healing process. You're amazing! Until next time!:)