Reviews for At the Still Point of the Turning World
quintilis chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
"Her human body is clumsy and unwieldy, lacking the easy sinuous grace of her true form."

It seems to me such an odd concept that a dragon would be more graceful than a slender woman. But you make it sound so beautiful, I can't help but believe it. Good job!
Flying Banana Dinosaur chapter 1 . 9/23/2008
Oh, wow... I don't think I've ever read such a beautiful piece, be it fanfiction or not. You really have a wonderful way with grasping surreal emotion, that faint... bizarre feeling, when you suddenly are the character and you just understand everything. Just wow.

And your not-crack thing about Bramimond being a divine dragon, etc.? I may have not come to that conclusion, but I did some thinking a few weeks ago and came to the conclusion that Ninian is the perfect morph. Weird, get out of my brain!

Anyway. Epic, beautiful take on Ninian.
sagewolf chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Wow. That was... incredible. A wonderful fic about Ninian.

The characterization was top-notch. Ninian has a nice balance: between her joy when they leave the Dragon's Gate and her contentment when she thinks of their child, and the sense of her loss of her home and brother and her regret at her knowledge of her death. Yet she seems happy, overall, not sorry she stayed in Elibe or obsessed with her decision. So... I'm impressed.

I am DETERMINED to offer concrit, so I'll say that a few of the sentences were a little clumsy. That's how hard it was for me to find anything... and it did take two readings for me to grasp the ending. Somehow, though, I got the feeling it was intentionally unclear. All in all... masterful.
EternallyNostalgic chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
Very nice, so full of emotion. :D
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 9/17/2008

Really. That's all I have to say-except, well, not at all. I have a lot to say. There were so many great things about this story. This is probably the best portrayal that I have ever seen of Ninian: for, contrary to popular belief, she CAN feel happiness. You managed to make her happy, to demonstrate the light she brings, while still keeping with it her essential core-the wisdom and the loneliness. It's still there, even if it's faint, because she's "neither woman nor beast".

I adore how you portray her relationship with Eliwood: how the first thing she does when he puts her down after they walk away from the Dragon's Gate is dance with him, and ESPECIALLY how she starts rescuing him from the pressures of ruling. It makes their relationship something mutual and relatable, instead of the cliche protagonist-rescues-chick-and-then-they-get-married-hooray.

Even the tone of this had a particular lilt to it, like a song of its did get a tiny bit repetative, at certain points, but overall? AMAZING JOB!