Reviews for Sonic X: Delta Arc
Darkflameknight chapter 45 . 4/13/2010
That was a wonderful as well as beautiful story. I am still in awe at how you have written it. All I can say is bravo and good luck with your upcoming sequel. I know it will be just as great as this story turned out to Done!
TailsLovesCosmo chapter 44 . 7/3/2009
It's not Cosmo? Bringing her in would just upset Tails then.
TailsLovesCosmo chapter 45 . 7/3/2009
So they won and Tails is okay? Should have had Cosmo there at the end for him. I don't understand, why the video from the future?
TailsLovesCosmo chapter 29 . 7/3/2009
Is this a Cosmo from another dimension? She doesn't know him and talks about a totally different life story.
TailsLovesCosmo chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
Well, so far so good, but I'm never going to be a Chris fan. He stole too much from the show that should have gone to Tails and Amy. And I'm sure Tails could have helped develop the device on the other side, but I'm guessing he's having serious problems. When he gets back, Chris should start working on a way to get Helen out of that wheelchair.
Zephyr the Fox Wolf chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Cool story. It could use a touch less Chris tho. Im just joking. I don't like chris personaly.
A.P. Analyzer chapter 45 . 2/26/2009
Very good.

However, transitions could have been more clear and flowing...

Otherwise... good writing.
Gigazubyte chapter 45 . 2/25/2009
First thing's first. This is really good stuff. Unfortunately, when I started reading it FF submissions were down, so this is the first review I've been able to pen, which leaves 44 chapters unaccounted for. I'll try to go back and cover some of them individually later, but for now let me just say that I enjoyed every one.

Specific highlights though:

Everything surrounding the release and defeat of Iblis. Sonic vs. Super Metal Sonic, Robotnik's destruction of Omega and triggering of Dark Super Sonic, the Super Trio's attempts to destroy iblis, Blaze's death, that section was phenomenal, and could have served as a climax in its own right.

Mephiles: The insubstantial nature was a neat idea, and in general his crazy puppet master personality was very well represented.

Character interactions: Everyone was consistently IC the dialogue flowed nicely, although it is occasionally hard to tell who's speaking.

Julian: The character redesign was superb. I've always thought of Nega as kind of a joke. He's supposed to be scarier than the original, but I've not seen much evidence of it. Julian is just downright scary though. The business suit really fits his ruthless nature, and he's every bit as brilliant as a mad scientist antagonist should be. You managed to keep his plans treading that line between brilliantly direct and madly convoluted, much like the character himself, and I really liked the way you managed to give him a very personal grudge with Sonic and yet have it be about something that wasn't really Sonic at all, whereas Eggman has gone from having Sonic as an obstacle to his plans to making him a personal rival.

Julian's plan/the final battle: Yes, yes, yes! This is what a showdown is supposed to look like. Brilliant plan that relies on the heroes doing what they always do, with a million fallbacks because what they do is consistently cheat death. A dozen reversals of fortune, escapes from death traps only to realize that was part of the plan all along, eleventh hour save replaced with 11:30 return of the bad guy after the supposed last resort has been expended, and finally a brilliant save that the bad guy simply can't be blamed for not stopping because there was o way to account for it.

In short, it's pretty much the perfect drawn out, amped up sequel to my favorite scene of all time, Sonic's chaos control out of the exploding death trap onboard the ARK.

Possible Improvements: The early chapters jump around a bit too fast. I'd just be figuring out what's going on in a scene when that scene would end, which is a good suspense technique and eventually everything does get answered, but it's kind of like eating a dinner where somebody keeps taking your plate away and replacing it with a new one before you're quite may sound odd, but it's almost like the plot gears up a bit too fast. Not a major issue by any means though.

The Sonic 3 intro: I'm still confused about this. Silver kind of runs through act 2 Angel Island Zone while Knuckles Squares off with ( I think) the mid boss from Marble Garden, and I'm not sure whether this is supposed to be a repeat of previous events or not, or why the machines are going after Silver, who (I thought?) was important to the plan. It's just kind of confusing

Who's talking to whom: This is especially problematic in the sub. It's never mentioned who Knuckles is talking to, and while you can guess it's Rouge by the dialogue you might want to add a sentence or two explicitly stating so. There are a couple of other places where it's an issue, particularly Julian's final conversation, when he and Mephiles start bandying cryptically, although that may be intentional. Mostly it's not a major issue, but it is something to watch out for.
Spritefey chapter 41 . 1/22/2009
wow...

This is really good, and long, I don't even want to think how long it took you to write all this, and making it good, that takes time too, and Julien is evil... Like, a really well done evil, well done evil is hard to do!

In other words, I really like it, I hope your not done, I wanna see what happens to poor Tails!
Escapade chapter 41 . 1/21/2009
I've loved the series so far (and to be honest I agree with Julian where he says religion restricts scientific progress) but to me, this chapter seems to not make much sense. It's as if you have wedged three bits together, and the flow is hard to decipher and understand.
Captain-Trina chapter 40 . 1/19/2009
I can't begin to hypothesize why this story hasn't gotten more reviews. Excellent work.
The Archaic Minister chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
Tastes like hardcore.
Nightgazer13 chapter 36 . 1/9/2009
And Tails' mental breakdown starts al over wait...

D...Did you just manage to give Chris Thorndyke's character some relevance? I never thought I'd see the day... Bravo.
Nightgazer13 chapter 34 . 1/5/2009
Yeah I was having that problem with the views, too. Musta been something with the year rolling over...

Anyhow, I really loved the little arguement on faith you threw in there. nice and deep.

Also nice to see that there is actually a villian out there who wonders why the hero never strikes during the villian speach. I've always wondered that myself :)
Frozen Nitrogen chapter 30 . 12/24/2008
His ears are under his dreads! :)

Enjoyed Silver's use of telekinesis to stabilise the plane, and very much enjoyed Nega's ramblings on advanced chronometric theory.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »