Reviews for Electronic Intelligence
KKmorgan101 chapter 1 . 1/2
Hey I finally found the Review button on mobile format! Yay! Anyway, you're story was Epic! It's as if a god wrote it! The plot, the story, the character development, the hidden messages and themes along the way, the overall everything was absolutely worthy every moment of reading! Kutos, props, and well done to you Prioris! Keep on Rockin' it!
AranKatarn chapter 14 . 9/25/2014
Hi there! TVTropes' recommended fic list brought me here, and I've been settling down to read this after I've gotten in from work over the past week or so. Just dropping by to say, wow! What a fantastic story! I really enjoyed reading this, so major kudos to you. Your plotting was tight, detailed and compelling and your characterisation of Samus was pretty spot-on.

The temptation for many a writer in your shoes might be to have written Samus as a two-dimensional power fantasy, always ready with a quip or a put-down, that no one else can compete with in combat, but you've avoided it wonderfully. The villain is always a legitimate threat and you get the sense that they're people who can go toe-to-toe with her, without nerfing her character. Her personality is also in keeping with the very stoic, withdrawn and solitary presence we're used to in the games, but you've tempered that by giving her a sense of humour, a very real sense of vulnerability and very human flaws, which is just wonderful. You've come into it giving it the thought of a person that knows that Samus is one of the most iconic, beloved and downright IMPORTANT female characters in any entertainment medium and you've done so much to respect that in writing her. I almost find myself wishing the men in suits at the Big N had hired you to write an interpretation of Samus instead of the guys responsible for freakin' Dead or Alive Volleyball...*shudder*

On that note of characters though, I really enjoyed the addition of CJ to the proceedings. Again, you've avoided the pitfall of being tempted to self-insert into Samus' life, which a lot of young fanfiction writers in your position of writing an OC might have been tempted to do. CJ is written as a highly accomplished, intelligent and thoughtful person with a respect for tradition who takes responsibility seriously, and who won't abandon a friend no matter what, but who is still flawed, and even better than just a flawed character, somebody human enough to recognise her own flaws and actively work to overcome or improve on them. Her relationship with Samus is believable, well-paced and there are even some really beautiful moments in there that are a pleasure to read. It's wonderful to see such a well-rounded set of characters driving the story here. I can forgive some of the flattter 'faces in the shadows' conspiracy-centric characters who are there to flesh out the plot because your focus is (rightly) on your two main stars and they're compelling enough to want to read about, so again, kudos on your skill writing them.

What i really love is that you've put so much thought and detail in everything. There are moments where the world you've built around the mythos really seems to live and breathe and little, quirky little touches just help to flesh out your characters even more. I love the idea that Samus loves a good cup of joe with a pinch of salt, because you've put so much thought into who she is that a lot of your writing seems consistent with what we all think of her character. So again, kudos. I really enjoyed reading this, and I'm looking forward to any sequels you might have in the pipeline!
Eruedraith chapter 14 . 9/27/2011
This entire story was just utterly fantastic. This characterization of Samus is one of the best ones I've seen in fanfiction for a long, long time.

Seriously, congratulations. I look forward to reading any sequels, started and otherwise.
Anachronox2 chapter 14 . 2/13/2011
You my good sir should be writing the scripts for the Metroid games instead of nintendo, you clearly have more talent.

I hope you have more Metroid fics planned for the near future.
Wraith Five chapter 7 . 8/30/2010
I thought the description of her new armor was AWESOME! (the new suit automatically qualifies this as a fav!) btw...any idea if anyone has made a drawing of the new suit? (i'd love to see it if possible)...
garrettwilsonn chapter 10 . 8/20/2010
just saying, why are you writing fan fictions? you know all of this shit, you should be either writing books (cause you're that good) or be a teacher or something!

i absolutely love this story, and im not even done yet. its the answer to my prayers. i always wanted to know what happened after fusion. in my opinion they should make a sequel to the game. keep writing! you have talent. :)
MiriaJiyuu chapter 13 . 8/17/2010
Ok so it's 4 45 AM I've been reading since 1 AM... congrats on a very long awesome story,you kept my attention for almost four hours, I don't think you even had a single grammatical error. Awesome story I'll probably be watching anything you post if you ever do :P (experience says no guarantees on anything.).
FireVentus chapter 4 . 7/15/2010
My dad's name is CJ...
GG Crono chapter 13 . 7/3/2010
I got here via the TV Tropes Wiki's fanfic recommendations page, and it did not disappoint me. This is a very good read, and I sincerely hope that you keep writing for the Metroidverse.

Sidebar: When I was logging in, the captcha I got was "mistrial hunted". If you tilt your head and squint a little, one could say that this was strangely appropriate.
CFTW chapter 13 . 6/17/2010
I'ts at it's end? That was...unexpected. Brilliant play of course, of course, it isn't actually over is it, the sequel will lift readers up to smash them against a proveribal wall, I assume. I await your play.
Desert Lynx chapter 13 . 6/2/2010
Wow, hard to believe this is finally over. All I can say is well done. I'll be tuning in to the sequel. Don't let your work drive ya crazy in the meantime. ;)
drizzts chapter 13 . 6/2/2010
Absolutly awesome, best metroid story I've read
HAL-9001 chapter 13 . 5/31/2010
Well, great. Even in The Future, there are homicidal fangirls! (I wonder if Samus has any fangirls?)

It's good to see this fic finished; see you next mission!
Nighet chapter 13 . 5/31/2010
I must admit I was a bit underwhelmed with this story. Somehow I expected it to keep building and building up to something incredibly huge... and it never did.

Were it not for the fact that a sequel is in the making, this would have left a bad taste in my mouth. As it is, though, I'm glad to see things aren't over yet. There is no way the leader of Cardinal would just say, "oh, whoops, sorry I was a bad boy, I'll stop now. Have a nice day" just like that.

The big reveal I was expecting to see, and which did not happen, was the question: how badly has the Space Pirate command structure been compromised? We can see that Cardinal has very thoroughly penetrated the Federation at all its levels, so I was very intrigued to see they had an accomplice within the Space Pirates. Was Pirate High Command aware of Zara's actions, or was he acting alone for a pot of cash from Cardinal?

For what it's worth, though, this story is an excellent example of why Nintendo is absolutely at a loss of what to do for a game after Metroid Fusion. They've built up their world *too* thoroughly in a series that was known for a minimalist story and a focus on gameplay. There is no way a story like this could be translated into a game and still be considered Metroid. Unfortunately, the way the plot was built up indicates this is the kind of story a game after Fusion requires.

One last thing before I forget: I see you are yet another author who subscribes to the theory that the Man in Black on the BSL station comm channel is named "Renpou." I've seen too many authors use this little tidbit. Is this a confirmed fact in the game? I don't recall this being brought up anywhere in Fusion...
Talon88.1 chapter 13 . 5/31/2010
WHEEEE! Awesome! I loved it! Political shots and medical jargon combined with a nice dash of character development!

And the 'Squee'!

All in all, I enjoyed this little romp through the Metroid verse very much. The characters and the plot all moved with purpose and a wonderful sense of pacing. The action scenes were well detailed and a nice change of pace from all the dialouge, which itself was a perfect piece of work.

I cant wait to see what else you write!