Reviews for Care and Feeding
Love this.
Neshomeleh chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
It's a nice one.
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
I loved this. So, so much.

"Stop snuffling, Sammy. Stop crying like a baby all over me. Just get your sobbing ass in the kitchen and set up some more of that freaking awful crap so we can go again."

So Dean Winchester. A fighter no matter how bad the odds. And Sam never gives up on him. Because Sam's a fighter, too.

"Then for the next hour Sam feeds his brother coffee. He learns that if Dean can keep one teaspoonful down for five minutes, he can try him with another one. But that if he can't, Sam has to wait ten or fifteen more before he's anywhere near ready to go again."

That's love, right there. That's never giving up. Beautiful.

'Dean's teeth pull feebly at his lip.

"You want more," Sam says with conviction, and he suddenly knows this is the hardest Dean's ever had to fight in his life.'

Very moving. Love. Love. Love. :)
LaedieDuske chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
""He's not drunk, Dad," Sam had said, hurting in his chest somewhere, "You don't need to get mad at him."" Wow, that actually brought a lump to my throat. Poor Sam trying to protect Dean from their dad, of all people.

The moment he realizes how hard Dean is fighting to stay alive is a beautiful moment too. This is really a great piece, I actually had to read it a couple times through for it to all fall into place. I think the first read-through I was so scared for Dean I was skimming, looking for the moment where he turns it around and will be okay. He never quite gets there before the end, but you left me with hope that he WILL, with Sam's help and his own stubborn damn nature, he'll make it through.

"The backs of his fingers brush a cheekbone...one he hopes he won't be allowed to repeat without having his lights punched out." That entire passage was just awesome, I could see it in my head, and I could completely find that head space, that moment of "please get better enough to pop me if I ever try this again - just be safe and alive".

Thank you for sharing this, you really kinda wrung me out and that's not a bad thing.

*cuddles Dean*

LD
TheKritty chapter 1 . 9/29/2009
Oh yeah!Coffee reigns over the world *lol*

What a damn cute and awesome and heartwarming story!Sam caring for Dean,feeding him and being there for Dean...*sighs* You captured both boys very well - despite the fact that Dean didn't actual say anything,you described his little actions very well and they were dean-ish the laugh (or cough - who cares*lol*) at the end.

Brilliant job!

Kritty
MidgeVS5 chapter 1 . 4/29/2009
Scary and brilliant all in one go.

I agree with Dean, coffee is a wonderful thing when you feel like crap!
Callisto65 chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
At this moment Sam thinks his Dad is an ass and his brother is awesome.

Superb ending to a terrific Dean-is-sick-but-still-Dean-to-his-core fic..*g* I loved it, you got frustrated caring Sammy just right, and Dean never said a word but I heard him loud and clear throughout. Marvellous!
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
This was just amazing! I love your writing rhythm and the way you use words. I fall in love with stories and writers because of words and rhythm and you delivered so beautifully! This was just perfect. You have Sam down and his feelings about Dean and John really come through. Excellent!

Rated:

Five Impalas, freshly waxed and lovingly detailed with healthy happy Winchesters inside.
PADavis chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
I was very impressed with this - the writing was crisp, and the dialog very well written - a great young and frustrated, Sam. I read your other fic as well. I'm very interested to see where you will go with new stories.

Phoebe
nicklebackfan chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
great job, only wished you would have continued it though,but agian fantastic job.
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 9/27/2008
Good for Sam. Never giving up. And Dean would have to kick his ass if he did!
Merisha chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
ROFL ... trust Dean to drink coffee instead of chicken soup while his on the verge of death! He knows how to kick start the old heart though LOL ;) Love how frantic Sammy was getting! - nice oneshot!
Variou5 chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Good fic! I enjoyed it, well-written.