Reviews for Crouching Taxis, Hidden… Somethings
Philippe de la Matraque chapter 2 . 10/14/2010
Oh, that was funny! Loved it!
mw chapter 2 . 11/16/2008
Grand story-refreshing to see Malcolm suffering from a drug interaction rather than being mortally wounded or being drowned (which in fanfic has to have happened several dozen times over). I like how even in his addled state, he spares a thought to the difficulty Trip will have getting his door unlocked-feels very "in character". And, although your "worst opening line" is marvelous, my favorite part is the following interaction between Malcolm and the taxi:

Cracking one eye open, he gave it his best evil look. “It’s not polite to stare,” he said to the thing. When it gave him a hurt look, he relented. “Well, so long as you stay over there for now, I suppose it’s…,” he yawned, and closed his eyes, “…fine.”
Ad Absurdum chapter 2 . 9/23/2008
Oh, it was really funny and this struck me as particularly amusing: "the pills he’d taken earlier – he’d forgotten he’d taken those – had clearly been labelled, “Does not cause hallucinations involving taxi cabs,”". (And if such an event should occure, call for the nearest linguist :D).

And that was a part of 'the worst opening line to a story'? (or second worst, I guess)? Huh, odd.

Also, I think Reed was being rather diplomatic saying that food in America tasted odd because, when one's not used to it, it really tastes like paper.

Great story.

cheers

aa
STReader chapter 2 . 9/18/2008
Very fun. Of course all of your writing is great to read!
jazzy2may chapter 2 . 9/18/2008
cute! but short! too short! Fun fic. :D
firebirdgirl chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
At first I thought taxis was some foreign exotic word from another planet...but then I just realized it was a taxi! Great work, can't wait to see where this goes...Happy writing!
jazzy2may chapter 1 . 9/17/2008