Reviews for Didyme's Ashes
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
I know this is an old story, but I really enjoyed reading it all the same. The contrast between Didyme's gushing plans for the future and what Aro is planning to do is very powerful.

The only thing I found a little odd was that Aro had access to matches. As far as I know, they did exist in China in the 9th century, but I don't think they were friction matches as described here. This is really nitpicky though.
A chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
Is this really your first fanfiction? Well, either way, you must have written something before. This is definitely amazing though, and I love your portrayal of Didyme's death.
Cygnus chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Excellent writing, but in canon nothing so flimsy as a metal scalpel, especially a 9th century scalpel, could kill a vampire. They're bulletproof, remember; a knife would bend around them.

Just a pet peeve of mine. The story itself is quite good.
LightTheWay333 chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
It's so sad... made me cry even.
Max chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
This is simply amazing! But it doesn't make sense how Aro could be so cruel as to kill his own sister with barely a hint of regret.
Rita Arabella Black chapter 1 . 8/11/2010
I loved this story. Your writing is very descriptive and you let the reader see what is happening. That is a true gift. I hope you write more.
Stormy Feather chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Dang! This give me so many ideas! Good job. Hey I was wondering if you can write a challenge for me?

Please message me as soon as you can

Thanks
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
This was really interesting!
MadHatta106 chapter 1 . 4/6/2010
I really enjoyed this piece. You're a wonderful writer; I had a vivid image in my head of what was occuring and I adore that. Well done. :D
Siyd chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
I really enjoyed this. There aren't that many Aro-stories out there, but I'm glad I found this one.
AlteredLionsSacrificialLambs chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
Our recommendation on our blog at . :

The more we delve into Volturi month, the more I become curious with each and every back story of each of the members. This one-shot gives us a short explanation of Didyme's demise under Aro's hands.

It gives us insight into why Aro sealed her fate. It gives us an inside look into Aro's dark, selfish demeanour. It gives us a brief look into Didyme's undying love for Marcus. Unfortunately for her, that love is the cause of her demise.

It is dark and heartbreaking. Very well-written and well thought out. I loved each and every line written, but for me it is the last line that stands out the most:

Aro's hands moved through the coal black residue. It stained his albino white hands, but he did not care. His hands were stained anyway, and would be forever more.
Margaret chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
I really enjoyed this, thank you! I have been fascinated with the whole Aro/Didyme/Marcus triangle and the measures that Aro was willing to take to keep his beloved Volturi at its peak performance. I think you captured the essence of the story well! And don't worry... it IS dark... no other way to tell it!
Merina Thropp chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
So sad, well done!
hell chapter 1 . 10/13/2009
It was really good but so sad.
Yukiko chapter 1 . 5/25/2009