Reviews for One Braver Thing
Diosa Luna chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
A mi me pareció muy fantasioso que la familia aceptara así como así que se marchara. Fue un egoísta.
Son Akito chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
I loved this! I like Gohan and Chi-chi relationship, but it's always in such a negative light. Nice to see some mother/son bonding. Gohan is so much like Chi-chi after all.

Great story! Favorite.
Tihan114 chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Great Story I really liked it. It was sweet and in character. Good Job
X59 chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
This was brilliantly done. I got a tears in eyes from reading this when it got all emotional.

You did a perfect job.
Mew57 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
I love your fic! :) and i agree that chichi's a rocking mom too, don't want anymore mini vegetas running around destroying everything! XD

She along with goku had sacrificed a lot while saving the world. But their love remained very strong 4ever.
DBZLover4Ever chapter 1 . 12/1/2011
Great story. It was really entertaining and I loved it. Gohan and Chichi and their interaction are completely believable.
Sailor Saiyan007 chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Aww! That was so sweet!
serenityselena chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
awww...

that was so sweet _
RAGA chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
I agree with you there. There's enough evidence in DBZ itself to show that there probably was issues that the Sons had to face after the whole Cell Saga (maybe even before then). It didn't help that the only emotional sides we got to see were with Mirai Trunks.

And ChiChi is a rocking mom. She's human but she had to deal with a super-powered husband and son, who both were thrust into fighting life-and-death battles all all the time. She was able to keep a stable household and provide a steady home for her boys to live in (most credit goes solely to her). Everyone is aware that having education opens more doors than being without. She's definitely aware of that and wants the best for her son. Sure, she can be overbearing, but so can most parents. She may take it to the extreme in some cases, but with the family she lives with, it' should be no suprise as to why.
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Great work with this story. You captured the relationship between Gohan and Chichi quite nicely. The transition between Cell and the Saiyaman saga is a time that wasn't really explored in the series. There is bound to be lots of drama with Gohan blaming himself for his father's death, the characters mourning Goku's death, Chichi giving birth to Goten, Chichi being forced to raise two boys on her own. You've done a great job with writing about a time during that transition.

I like that you give Chichi a reason for wanting Gohan to study so hard. So often she is portrayed as a psycho who only wnats Gohan to study without giving any motives. I like that you use Bulma's intelligence as an example as well as Chichi's past given that she didn't have a choice about her future. It gives some depth to why Chichi is so fixed with Gohan being smart so he can go to a good school and have any career he wants.

It's sweet to see them cuddling under the tree like that. Family fluff always gets to me and you managed to do that with this beautiful writing. The part where they're running around playing at the end is cute.

There are lots of amazing details in this story. Every emotion is well displayed. The fact that Gohan is trying to keep himself from crying is a great detail. So are the moments where the two notice how the other is dealing with the grief, such as when Gohan overhears his mother venting in her room. This is definitely a difficult time for them. Not to mention Chichi is pregnant, so there are going to be mood swings. I feel nothing is lacking with the writing.

Good work with this story.
kendokao chapter 1 . 4/10/2011
Such a lovely moment you've captured between mother and son. So often in this fandom Chichi gets bashed or comes off as a caricature, or, in the case that she's portrayed sympathetically, she loses some of her fire. But in this fic, you've managed to make her seem sympathetic & reasonable WITHOUT sacrificing any of her toughness or intensity. Nice handling of Gohan, too, balancing guilt & anger without drowning in angst. A great bonding fic, of which there aren't enough.
Chamira chapter 1 . 9/2/2009
Wow this was a great oneshot, I completely agree with your view on their grief. Too many fics put too much emphasis on blaming chichi or goku and make them far too extreme (especailly chichi, If I was in her situation I would yell my head off from time to time as well). This was written so well :3
Celesma chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
Oh, I really liked this. Your take on the Son family's feelings following Cell is both realistic and (I think) in character for both of them. And it's always good to find another fic that does justice to Chichi's character. That rocks!
darkknightress337 chapter 1 . 3/21/2009
You are absolutely right. Chichi does rock! I'm adding this to my favorites. Great story!
Doctor Kiba chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
ChiChi does rock. She was always one of my favorite characters. I mean, honestly, I wouldn't be able to deal with a husband like Goku. Sure, he's sweet but he's always leaving. Yet, she manages to do that as well as raise two wonderful sons. She has got to be one of the strongest, under appreciated females in anime.

I love how you portrayed her as well. Both she and Gohan seemed real and in character. We don't get to see much of those years (if I remember correctly) and I think they would need that to get over the fact that Goku died and didn't want to be wished back. That must have felt horrible for ChiChi.