Reviews for Heart of a Pirate
I don't think Usopp's gonna have any luck proving Alice didn't do anything. We may have to resort to Plan B. Beat the crap outta everyone. It always ends that way for the Straw Hats.
which one? halloweentown or atlantica?
Really good stuff you have here.

For one there are seemingly no typos which is always awesome. Things like having the Disney villains interact more and Filling in plot points like Pete and Yen Sid's absences during the first game are brilliantly done. Everyone is in character for the most, which is something I rarely see in a lot of crossover fanfics

It doesn't feel out of place for the straw hats to be within the various movie's stories (so far the bit with usopp experiencing the world of Wonderland is pure gold, especially the tea party scene.) And the fact that they actually contribute to the plot instead of just being along for the ride is really cool and handled well. While I do kind of wish Franky and Brook the Skeleton were around, I understand that at the time they actually get into the crew, the cast of One Piece would've pretty much destroyed the challenges and villains to the heroes. I do not actually mind the light swearing, because that fits in with One Piece.

While I do enjoy the story there are a few things to consider. The first and most glaring, is your attempts to recreate One Piece's comedy by describing the visual gags, like the angry sharp teeth or sweat drops, they work in a comic because they can be seen, the mood of the moment should speak for itself.

There's also the occasional ability or line that confuses me or didn't seem right. The fight between Yen Sid and the Disney villains is kind of awkward in some places, due to Malificent saying the other characters names a little too often to give them direction ( also "Ursula, back me up"). Oogie's bug swarm and poison gas, as well as Malificent's Uppercut are kinda off.

Aside from those minor gripes, I really like this, and I cannot wait for more!
Mollienaturerocks chapter 2 . 3/28
A Heartless!
archsage328 chapter 10 . 2/22
Poor Zoro, Sanji, and Usopp. Something's finally trying to eat Moss Head's moss head, the chef now finds himself on the menu, and Usopp is having enough rotten luck with all this madness that even Junpei, Neku, or Makoto Naegi might feel sorry for him. Though when the sniper referenced Gurren Lagann and Airplane, I went a bit mad with laughter myself. Then again, it's become blatantly clear that you have quite the knack for writing all of these characters. While at one point in time, I considered thinking that Nami and Zoro would be decent candidates for Wonderland, after this chapter, that notion has been completely erased from my mind. Now I can't picture anyone else but Usopp being the Straw Hat to wind up in this mad, mad world.

I think my only criticism on this chapter is a potential continuity error. I don't remember how it was in the manga, but if my chain of memories serve me correctly, Pinocchio first meets Sora, Donald, and Goofy in Traverse Town before winding up inside Monstro. And while Sanji has yet to run into the puppet, Geppetto's comments seem to imply that his son is there with him. I might be remembering incorrectly though, and honestly, even if I'm right, it's not that big of a deal.

Speaking of Traverse Town and the Straw Hats, I have a feeling that once the group starts finding Luffy's friends and start bringing them back to Traverse Town, at least a few of them will probably opt to stay there while Sora and company travel between worlds. Seeing as how they have a habit of splitting into groups when they're exploring islands on the Grand Line, it wouldn't surprise me. Honestly, I'd love to see them explore the parts of Traverse Town we don't get to see until Dream Drop Distance. That could be a lot of fun!

All in all, this chapter was just one hilarious moment right after another. I WISH I could put this quality of humor into my own stories, but that might just be optimistic thinking on my part.
Dragon Naruto chapter 10 . 2/14
Dude nice chapter its good to see you still writing this story can't wait for the next chapter and see Donald go crazy do to straw hats.
digifan303 chapter 10 . 2/1
Funny update! Can't wait for the next chapter.
hyliandragons chapter 10 . 1/29
I really love how this story is turning out. Please keep writing? And will the next world b the Olympus Coliseum? Also, would it b best to have luffy ask the card soldiers if cards poop (since he asks that to almost every new creature he sees)?
Omegamorph chapter 10 . 1/28
Love how youve I very got characters and quotes that didn't make it into the game while still mixing it up. Characterization is spot on and I like how Ussop got all unreliable narrator midway. Likewise with him finding a little of Kaya in Alice. I almost expected San ji to skip ahead to Atlantica (ARIEL-SCHWAN!) and I kinda wonder how we'll get around the whole Devil Fruit thing once we get there.
xdrake24 chapter 10 . 1/28
This chapter releasing made a shitty day great! I enjoyed the Usopps bits, but above all I was happy to see Sanji (In Monstro, none the less!) That must mean choppers left, in Halloween Town...

On a side note, I cant help but to wonder...have you ever wished Franky and Brook were in the story as well?
gamelover41592 chapter 10 . 1/27
That was awesome always worth the wait :)
Dr.Dude chapter 10 . 1/27
Oh boy, poor Sanji. His only company now is an old man and his wooden puppet. XD

Great to see this chapter along with Usopp's experience with Wonderland. His interactions with the Mad Hatter and the March Hare was, of course, very hilarious. Can't wait to see how the rest of their adventure in Wonderland goes!
xdrake24 chapter 9 . 12/5/2015
In Kingdom Hearts, Wonderlands my least favorite world for sure. But here, I'm enjoying it more than ever! The courtroom scene was hilarious, and I enjoyed Nami's bit (probably in Agrabah?) as well. That leaves Sanji and Chopper left. They're either in Monstro, Halloween Town, or Neverland (I cant imagine anyone ending up in Atlantica without Donald Magic and chopper would drown). I'm guessing Halloween Town for Chopper because he gets scared like Usopp, and Neverland for Sanji for no real reason
xdrake24 chapter 8 . 12/5/2015
I'll admit, I haven't had much time to be on here due to my recent college semester but now that its near over I'm delighted to see two more chapters up!

As For the story itself...well it keeps getting better and better! I like the 'cover stories' concept with Zoro, I'm surprised to see Robin ended up in Deep Jungle, and the interactions between Luffy, Sora, Donald and Goofy never get old! but the highlight of this chapter for me was the fight, so well done to FictionReader98! Not only was it sheerly badass to see Yen Sid take on all the Disney Villains (and hold his own, I always wanted to see that guy fight) but to see Cameos from Traverse Town and Twilight Town as well! It also sheds light on why Yen Sid was absent from the events of Kingdom Hearts one and why Pete was absent as well (and at the tower) which, as a writer myself that loves tying up loose ends, I do appreciate!
Sabo88 chapter 9 . 11/5/2015
Pretty nice fic you have in here, and you got everyone in character. Looking forward to when Luffy meets Hook; I imagine it'll be something along the lines of Hook mocking Luffy's dream and Luffy seeing him as a lame pirate, since he uses the power of darkness instead of his own strength.