Reviews for In Blood and In Heart
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
That was sweet.
QuayJaquelinXeomaraZendaya chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This is so sweet! A great comfort story.
GoldenAshes chapter 1 . 1/13/2009
The really cool thing about this? It references something that hasn't happened yet: Lucy's Dream in the Dark. Very well done; the nightmare was just short enough to have that Nightmarish quality, and long enough to get pulled in.

I always rather imagined Lucy felt that way; like the odd one out, sometimes. You brought that out well. Terrific job.
Mary Contrary chapter 1 . 1/11/2009
Awesome, girl! By the way, I read through your profile and saw that part about believing in God and consequently felt like yelling "Amen!" Keep it up.
HollywdLiz chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
You're right, we hardly ever see Susan/Lucy sisterbonding stories, and I for one think there should be more of them, especially if they're anything like this one. It was very sweet. I love your Susan especially.
claire henry chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
wonderful fic. please keep writing, and are you going to update Phyllis soon,
Amira Tair chapter 1 . 10/5/2008
Very elecktrum-ish.

This is really brilliant, you come up with a good idea (Lucy dreaming she is Jadis killing Aslan is really good) and manage to develop it beautifully. I like your writing style, and this line "every word in every language seemed so limited compared to it and she was speechless" is superb.

Now it's me who is speechless, I really don't know what else to say except that I loved it. Congratulations
WiseQueen chapter 1 . 9/26/2008
“It's all been taken care of.”

That's beautiful!

And I think you're doing a good job with the sisterly bonding.

"You are our Valiant Queen, our laughter and our joy, the sunny day that brightens our gloom and lifts every heavy heart. You are loved and cherished more than you’ll ever know, Lucy Pevensie, and we would be lost and incomplete without you."

Good stuff!

"She felt as though someone had given her the moon and she didn’t know quite what to do with it.

Doing the only thing she could think of, she threw her arms around Susan and tried to convey everything that went beyond words into the gesture."

I really like that. And I feel that this is exactly what Lucy's reaction would be. It's so like her.
Val Evenstar chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Great job, DH! this was cute )

I like the way Susan calls Lucy "you goose!" it's very Susan. even the way she can be quite serious the next instant.

"The sweet, sticky stuff that holds the rest of us together."... reminds me of a movie quote... Ice Age, i think? except maybe 'sweet' wasn't the qualifier in that sense.

Anyway, a good story that I thoroughly enjoyed! I hope you're doing good and having a nice school year so far... maybe I'll get to talk to you soon, I'll try to make it to writer's group someday in the near future.
elecktrum chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
'Why can't there be an elecktrum-ish person in this archive who writes deep-and-emotional-Susan-Lucy-sisterly-bonding stuff?'

Dearheart, I hereby appoint you.

Thank you for the soaring praise of my stories. I write out of sheer love of the characters and I suspect you do as well. This was a lovely story, full of beautiful characterization and imagry. I particularly liked these lines:

'This depth, this love, this closeness was something she’d often seen in other people and only ever dreamed of having. Now suddenly, every word in every language seemed so limited compared to it and she was speechless.'

It's so very deep and awe-inspiring and so very, very Lucy. Bravo Zulu!
Lucille Brown chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
I love it. I am glad you can't remeber you nightmare.
rainpaint chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
“Jadis holds no more power over us. Not over you. Not over me. Not over Edmund or Peter or anybody. There’s no more reason to fear.” She paused a moment to let the words sink in, and she smiled. “It's all been taken care of.”

*cries and struggles to find something intelligible to say* Maybe I don't really need to say anything. That line was fantastic - the whole thing was amazing, but that line really stuck out to me. I guess because even though there's no reason to fear, I fear anyway.

Anyway, wonderful story. Writing at 1:00 A.M. sounds like fun...maybe that way I'd actually update my story more often!
SpangleyPony chapter 1 . 9/19/2008
Hey that was brill :) I totally agree with you about susan and lucy they don't get written about enough. I really like the way you avoided susan being the bossy older sister, I have the feeling it wouldn't be like that once they all had a country to run.

One thing though - all the way through I was yelling at susan to give lucy a tissue to wipe her nose with. If you ever edit please put that in so I can say I influenced one of your stories hehe :p
Sapphira Adi chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
Very sweet, Dearheart...I can tell you put all lot of time and effort into it. Thanks for all the beautiful writings you bring into the world!
Miniver chapter 1 . 9/18/2008
What a rich story! There are so many wonderful images, from Lucy's reflection pushing the hair out of her face to Susan humming in her sleep. Needless to say, you've captured the characters of the two girls, as well as their sisterly bond. You also evoke the feeling of night, which gives the characters and the setting an extra resonance. When I read a story that brings Susan to such life, I feel confident that someday she'll find her way back to Narnia. How could someone so loved and loving not remember what she most deeply is? Thanks for this great story! I too am glad to see the Queens get more well-deserved attention.